Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes are as dangerous as smoking - just ONE puff could be all it takes to increase the risk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
E-cigarettes are as dangerous as smoking - just ONE puff could be all it takes to increase the risk of a heart attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4789246/ONE-e-cig-puff-increases-risk-heart-attack.html

• After five minutes of vape exposure, mice's arteries narrow by 30% in an hour
  • Their (as in MICE) blood vessels also become less able to dilate, increasing blood pressure
  • Long-term vaping more than doubles the artery stiffness of exposed mice
  • Narrow or stiff arteries increases the risk of suffering a heart attack or stroke (in MICE)

So PLEASE people, if you own mice don't let them vape!

"The findings will be presented in full at the Cardiovascular Aging: New Frontiers and Old Friends meeting in Westminster, Colorado."

Seems as this "study" hasn't even been released yet and probably hasn't even passed peer review.

Watch when the study comes out it will go something like this:
    The "scientists" use a CE4 atomizer at 6 volts with 36mg/ml Nic eliquid on a 100 watt mod mod turned all the way up then proceed to gas the poor mice with charred silica and molten kanthal

This is the usual anti-vaping "scientific" Gold Standard for getting scary results - 5150

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
An average puff is around 5 seconds or less
If you do that 200 times a day that is 17 minutes or 2 hours over the period of a week.

They are giving the mice:

1) Straight non stop vapor for 5 minutes straight as "short duration"

2) Straight non stop vapor 20 hours per week for EIGHT MONTHS straight as "long duration"

Then it's all of a sudden it's a huge shocker when their arteries end up stiffened???

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An average puff is around 5 seconds or less
If you do that 200 times a day that is 17 minutes or 2 hours over the period of a week.

They are giving the mice:

1) Straight non stop vapor for 5 minutes straight as "short duration"

2) Straight non stop vapor 20 hours per week for EIGHT MONTHS straight as "long duration"

Then it's all of a sudden it's a huge shocker when their arteries end up stiffened???
Hahahaha......!!!

LMFAO...!

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RUT ROH!

4bcc37ccb1c53b97beb5e5e1f2dbda42--rats-vape-shop.jpg

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, poke at the study all you like, but nicotine is a vasoconstrictor...vasoconstriction is a risk factor for a cardiovascular and/or cerebrovascular event.

If and until then, live life as you see fit, and if that means vaping, vape on!

Cheers,
Ian

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all for making work illegal......think of the childeren.......end work NOW

You jest but it's coming, and faster that you think: AI, big data and robots are well of their way towards making many human professions totally irrelevant.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is coffee, tea and stress at work - neither of which are constantly portrayed as being as dangerous as cigarettes, regulated by corrupt government agencies or banned. What's your point?

Just that vaping does increase risk. How much? Who knows? Just as dangerous as smoking? Likely not, but we don’t know that for sure either...not until we do double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, peer-reviewed studies...and yeah, I know, that will never happen.

That said, I don’t worry about it, because in the grand scheme of things, the risk is likely very small, and I have bigger fish to fry.

I mean, I take prescription dextroamphetamine...that is a serious vasoconstrictor...it makes nicotine and caffeine look amateur.

On the other hand, nicotine + caffeine + dextroamphetamine is a great way to start the morning!

Cheers,
Ian

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vasoconstriction can be a great thing. Just ask anyone with low blood pressure or migraines.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I thought it was Cottage Cheese Lung we now had to worry about? :question:

Ah Yes, The elusive cottage cheese lung makes an appearance once again.:giggle:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The headline just reminds me of those stupid war on drugs advertisements (propaganda) from the mid 1980's.

Where "Billy" the upper middle class, smart, talented, church going teen goes to a party with the older kids then takes just one puff from a joint.

Then they flash forward to just one year later and all of a sudden he's an unshowered, malnourished, male prostitute living under a bridge.

Then they claim that if it weren't for that one single puff of the demon weed "Billy" would have been a Lawyer or Brain Surgeon.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Before or after it starts smoking cigarettes ?

After they bathe the mouse in pure dicetyl during the duration of the study then hide that fact in one of the supplemental tables that are behind the paywall of the study of course.

It's an approved American Tobacco Control scientific method.:D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The headline just reminds me of those stupid war on drugs advertisements (propaganda) from the mid 1980's.

Where "Billy" the upper middle class, smart, talented, church going teen goes to a party with the older kids then takes just one puff from a j*int.

Then they flash forward to just one year later and all of a sudden he's an unshowered, malnourished, male prostitute living under a bridge.

The they claim that if it weren't for that one single puff of the demon xxxx "Billy" would have been a Lawyer or Brain Surgeon.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Or he's become an axe murderer, a la "R**fer Madness". :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Oh god, is a mod now going to send me a pithy little msg about censoring my own posts in order to post verboten content? I got enough of those fuckers over at Asshole Centra.l. :facepalm:

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Watch when the study comes out it will go something like this:
The "scientists" use a CE4 atomizer at 6 volts with 36mg/ml Nic eliquid on a 100 watt mod mod turned all the way up then proceed to gas the poor mice with charred silica and molten kanthal
After they bathe the mouse in pure dicetyl during the duration of the study then hide that fact in one of the supplemental tables that are behind the paywall of the study of course.

fGwtv4S.jpg

VU Sponsors