Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes linked with higher quitting success rate, provide no change in total quit attempts

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wonder how they define a "quit attempt"? I never "attempted" to quit smoking. I started vaping late in 2013 and less than a week later, I wasn't smoking anymore. :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I wonder how they define a "quit attempt"? I never "attempted" to quit smoking. I started vaping late in 2013 and less than a week later, I wasn't smoking anymore. :)

The same thing happened to me.

I bought a cheap gas station cigilike in August 2012 to get through a week long hospital stay figuring along with the patch it would help take the edge off.

The second night I was on my netbook purchasing a starter kit.

I haven't smoked a cigarette since. :bingo:

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to the researchers, the success rate of attempts to quit smoking increased by 0.098% (95% CI, 0.064-0.132; P < .001) for every 1% increase in the prevalence of e-cigarettes use by smokers.

Is that the same as saying a 9.8% success rate on an individual basis ?

It would seem about right too.. and I think part of the low (although still great, thats a lot of people) number is the lack of knowledge about vaping.. think of how many times a week we all have to explain to someone (even a smoker) about what vaping is. Need to find a way to lead more smokers to this vaping oasis.

VU Sponsors