Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes 'poison the airways and weaken the immune system'

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never get sick, but may have had ebola or dengue fever after coming back from Prague a few weeks ago. Maybe mono, sot sure...I vaped a lot on the trip. Coincidence? I think not...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never get sick, but may have had ebola or dengue fever after coming back from Prague a few weeks ago. Maybe mono, sot sure...I vaped a lot on the trip. Coincidence? I think not...
How was traveling internationally with vape gear? any issues?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How was traveling internationally with vape gear? any issues?
No issues at all. I take the batteries out of my mods, put them in battery boxes and in a Ziploc bag and in a bin for the X-ray machine. Mods are in Pelican cases, also in a bin for the X-ray. I take a full tank and some e-liquid, which I put in the Ziploc bag with other liquids. The rest of my e-liquid, attys and other paraphernalia goes in my checked bag. I take a small charger in my carry on also. As I go through security I tell them I have e-cig gear...
Vaping at airports has never been an issue. i just find an empty gate and hold it in...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No issues at all. I take the batteries out of my mods, put them in battery boxes and in a Ziploc bag and in a bin for the X-ray machine. Mods are in Pelican cases, also in a bin for the X-ray. I take a full tank and some e-liquid, which I put in the Ziploc bag with other liquids. The rest of my e-liquid, attys and other paraphernalia goes in my checked bag. I take a small charger in my carry on also. As I go through security I tell them I have e-cig gear...
Thanks reason I ask is I am going to be flying again soon.Have not done so since I started vaping

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks reason I ask is I am going to be flying again soon.Have not done so since I started vaping

I have been hand swabbed at AMS and PRG airports, but that's the extent of the 'troubles' with traveling with vape gear...
I take the extra charger in my carry on and enough liquid and coils to last a few days, in case my checked bag doesn't arrive with me, or in the case of a water landing...

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you introduce any bacteria into a warm and moist environment, it is going to thrive. If you inhale enough bacteria you will get sick. If you inhale enough bacteria while you have pneumonia, you are going to get really sick. The writer is obviously anti vape, but he does make a valid point.
Keep your equipment clean. Wash the tanks often. Keep the juice containers clean. Don't touch the tips and put the juice cap on a clean paper tower when you are refilling. And unless you are willing to swap spit with the person, don't share your gear.
One more thing; buying a100ml of juice for $10 from some guy on Craigslist, is probably not a good idea.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had one sinus infection since I started vaping over 15 months ago, and that was non-vape related. Haven't had so much as a cold in over 15 months, and I used to get bronchitis/pneumonia a couple times a year or more. Bogus article with no concrete evidence of anything....

VU Sponsors