Become a Patron!

E-leaf Pico 2 kit

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Pico 2 is the latest release in a long line of compact single battery mods from E-leaf. This review will cover the Pico 2 kit which includes the GZeno S tank, however both the mod and tank are available as individual purchases.
DSC_0005.jpg

What do you get?

• Pico 2 mod
  • Gzeno S tank
  • 1 x GZ 0.4ohm 20-35w restricted DTL coil
  • 1 x GZ 0.8ohm 12-18w MTL coil
  • 4ml bubble glass
  • Tank removal tool
  • USB type-C cable
First impressions

Can I really fit an 18650 in this mod? Of course, the answer is yes, but the Pico 2 is deceptively small and also deceptively heavy.

As a kit, it looks nice, but it really comes into its own when paired with a stubby RTA like the Gear RTA or a compact RDA.

The mod feels heavy and well made, with good battery-cap threading very clicky buttons, while the tank threading is non-existent – both the top-cap and base have bayonet fitting and the tank requires a special tool to remove, but more on that later.
DSC_0001 (2).JPG
Using the Pico 2 mod

The mod uses the standard five clicks on/off and three clicks for settings, with all the expected temp control settings,etc. By accessing the settings, you are able to switch between a puff counter, voltage display and a wave display (this just an animation to show you are vaping).

Wattage increases all the way to 75w in 0.5w increments, which is how all mods should be – or at least for the first 30w – it doesn’t round-robin back to zero, but the scroll speed is fast enough to get back to zero that it doesn’t really matter.

Although the Pico 2 will take up to a 26mm tank, I was a little concerned that some of my RTAs with bubble glass might not clear the battery cap, the majority of them do fit, the only exception so far being the Kylin Mini V2.

Overall, there isn’t anything special about the way the Pico 2 performs, it doesn’t have any fancy tricks or features, but it does feel nice, has great buttons and looks nice.
DSC_0015.jpg
Using the GZeno tank

Firstly, from what I’ve seen online there are two versions of this tank – the regular 24.5mm 2/4ml version with a bayonet style top-cap and a 25mm 2/3ml childproof version – mine is the regular version, so I won’t comment on the other version apart from saying that it exists.

Straight out of the box, I had one problem with this tank – while I can take it apart enough to clean it, I can’t remove the straight glass, so I was never able to fit the bubble glass – I’m not sure if this is a design fault, something wrong with mine, or user error.

The airflow ring has one huge slot and a number of tiny holes, which does give a very good range of airflow choices.

The first coil I tried was the 0.8ohm MTL coil – it wasn’t awful, but no matter what juice/airflow/power combinations I tried, I never got anything better than average flavor or throat hit out of it – a couple of years ago, I might have accepted this as standard from a stock-coil, but considering there are a number of MTL pod systems on the market right now that offer excellent flavor, this was disappointing.

Next was the 0.4ohm restricted DTL coil, initially the flavor was the same meh as I had experienced with the MTL coil, but after a tank or so of juice had been through it, it came alive and started giving a nice vape, with detailed flavor and reasonable vapor production. From 30-35w with airflow going from fully open to the large slot half open, I could enjoy this a lot, this is exactly what I want from restricted DTL.

E-leaf also sell a 1.2ohm MTL coil for the ZGeno tank, but as this doesn’t come with the kit, I haven’t tested it.

Both coils lasted really well, I took the MTL coil out, not because it was dead, but because I wanted to try the RDL coil – the RDL coil is still fitted and going strong.

Time for one more complaint, the GZeno tank takes 510 drip-tips, this is perfect for an MTL to restricted DTL – what isn’t perfect is the top-cap having a shallow raised section and it uses drip-tips with O-rings on the base. Of course, this means that a lot of your 510 drip-tip collection won’t fit and those that do fit have a chance of looking weird and overhanging. What makes this less of a problem for me, is that the drip-tip that comes with the tank is perfectly suited for the restricted DTL coil, that I enjoyed far more than the MTL coil.
DSC_0020.jpg
Pico 2 mod pros and cons

Pros

• Very compact and ergonomic.
  • Great buttons, some of the most clicky I’ve used.
  • Fits up to 26mm tanks and most bubble tanks.
  • Very solid feel.
Cons

• It’s a no-frills mod.
ZGeno tank pros and cons

Pros

• No threading, top or bottom.
  • Good range of airflow adjustment.
  • Both coils last well.
  • Nice flavor from the 0.4ohm coil.
Cons

• I can’t remove the straight glass. (although this might be user error)
  • 0.8ohm coil has mediocre flavor and throat hit.
  • Requires a specific style of drip-tip to fit correctly and look good.
Conclusion

The mod is great, obviously only having a single 18650, you’re not going to want to run dual-coil atomizers or even single-coil that requires over about 45w, but as a mod to be used with MTL atomizers or restricted DTL around 30-45w, this is great.

It doesn’t have lots of features, but it’s a nice thing to use – I can’t find much wrong with the Pico 2 mod.

I can however find things to complain about with the ZGeno tank – I can’t recommend this for MTL due to the poor coil performance, there are better choices out there for MTL.

However, for restricted DTL I can recommend this tank, the issues with the bubble glass and drip-tip are minor and the combination of decent flavor and coil longevity make for a good experience.

Personally, if it was my money – I’d buy just the mod and pair it with an MTL RTA.

Disclaimer

The Pico 2 kit was sent to me for the purposes of this review by Sourcemore who have given me the discount code PICO2 which will reduce the price of the Pico 2 kit from $50.52 to $38.99

VU Sponsors