Become a Patron!

E-Liquid Bottles

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sure misplaced my thinking cap when I bought bottles for DIY e-liquid. I figured 3-30ml would be enough. That would be ok with S&V, but now that I have embraced steeping I do not have enough bottles.
I would like to avoid child-resistant types, man I hate those things. I did buy a 250ml twist top bottle for my base mix and I like it a lot. Then I found 30ml twist tops on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Twdrer-Dispensing-Bottles-Plastic-Squeeze/dp/B0836MVX2H
I'm wondering if the tips are too wide for refilling tanks? I don't know if I would need 30 of them, but fewer cost the same or more.
I welcome any suggestions.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
depends on your tanks/drippers you are using.
If I do not get my bottles from work, or I just need a few till I can get more bottles, I use ebay.. and I like the 30ml size as if my recipes are experimental... I don't lose but 30ml of juice..

you will quickly go thru that 10 pack.. so I'd stock up.

You could do a web search for other places to purchase bottles too. LIke:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the links. I did look on eBay before posting. Pricewise I would be better off at Amazon. I have used the long and short neck dripper bottles for years and they're not bad other than the child-resistant caps.
The child-resistant caps that are used with flavors that I have gotten recently are the worst. About half I need to break out the pliers to remove the caps. Maybe it's my aging hands failing me.

I have 1 pod mod that might be a problem with the twist-off type bottle. I am too clumsy for glass which would have been nice other than the eye droppers which seem to wear out fairly quickly.

Thirty empty bottles seem like a lot to me right now as I know what will happen. Keep most as spares? Nope. I'll have 26 steeping and 4 for S&V. Oh no, I did the math, I will have spares put away or have to buy more PG/VG/Nic right away.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm basically lazy and don't like washing bottles, especially plastic bottles. You can get pretty much any size you want at Heartlandvapes for a good price. Yeah they come in lots of 100, they will get used...

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I need a bottle right away I buy them at Michael's for about $2 for the 120ml size. Not the best deal but I have a Michael's with in walking distance. Btw 120ml is the only size they carry and are similar to Gorilla bottles.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PET bottles with measurement lines and a spout cap...

fles-met-maatstreepjes-3-1.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@FL_David I'd think those would work well. I saw those and another brand similarly priced. Hadn't seen them until more recently. Quite awhile back almost the same exact bottles from bekith were being suggested by Wayne over at diyordie as being really handy. These and the other brands are nearly half the price of the bekith and appear to be virtually identical. 30ml widemouth ldpe with screw tops. Asked for some for xmas for mixing multiple test batches myself.

There may be some atomizers they won't work well with but at least for most of mine they should do just fine. Most of my rta's have larger kidney shaped fill ports or rda's and these would be fine for dripping. I've mostly been reusing 120ml ldpe bottles with the slim nozzles and while they do ok they've got a tiny neck. Doable but makes mixing straight in the bottles (by weight) a pain in the ass hitting that little hole.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd think those would work well.
Thank you for your post.
All my current tanks have big openings that may work ok.
I have been using a 250ml twist top for my pre-made PG/VG/nic base which has been wonderful, though it can be a bit tricky filling 30ml long tip bottles that everyone uses.
When I saw the 30ml twist top bottles, I figured those could be the answer to my dislike of child resident caps. I have been wrong before in my figuring, so to be safe, I posted here for other opinions. The bottles have been promoted to the top of my next Amazon order.

The 30ml size is ideal for me as I am experimenting with flavor combinations that may or may not work well. As in the recording industry, I can always fix it in post. Unless the mix is so bad such as in a steeping INA Milk Chocolate with TFA Peppermint that I may have to dump. I have been adding in other flavors hoping to make the mix capable of a good vape. With only having 5 bottles to work with, that mix is on its last chance to play nice.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your post.
I have been using a 250ml twist top for my pre-made PG/VG/nic base which has been wonderful, though it can be a bit tricky filling 30ml long tip bottles that everyone uses.
When I saw the 30ml twist top bottles, I figured those could be the answer to my dislike of child resident caps. I have been wrong before in my figuring, so to be safe, I posted here for other opinions. The bottles have been promoted to the top of my next Amazon order.

The 30ml size is ideal for me as I am experimenting with flavor combinations that may or may not work well. As in the recording industry, I can always fix it in post. Unless the mix is so bad such as in a steeping INA Milk Chocolate with TFA Peppermint that I may have to dump. I have been adding in other flavors hoping to make the mix capable of a good vape. With only having 5 bottles to work with, that mix is on its last chance to play nice.
The 30ml are what I'm looking to do the same with. I use the 8 or 16oz ldpe with twist tops for my vg and pg when mixing and seems to work pretty well. Every now and then the vg will cause an issue with the small neck on the 120ml bottles with narrow necks and needle tips. It'll be streaming fine then hit the side of the neck just enough to cause it all to block and back up. That's with straight vg though which is pretty thick. Drippers definitely won't be an issue, the other rta's I use like the m25 and manta have good sized fill ports. Might be a little trickier with the expromizer, has good size kidney shaped holes for its size but still a smaller mtl rta. The finer needle tip bottles will work better for it. But I'm only using the 30ml for trial mixes and those I'll likely be testing with rda's anyway. So I think it'll suit the purpose.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Every now and then the vg will cause an issue with the small neck
That would be tricky. You must have the patience of a saint.
I do it all in one 250ml at 40/60 PG/VG plus 100% PG 3mg nic mixed down from 100mg, then fill my flavor bottles from that mix. Even with the twist top not fully open I have to watch for the flow backing up and oozing over the side.
I am now looking forward to the 30ml twist-off tops and hoping for a larger neck opening.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you for your post.

Don't know what else you've already added to your chocolate mint recipe, but if you have FA Cocoa, I'd use 1% of that. 2% of TFA Vanilla Swirl. and if you haven't already, hit it with at least 0.75% of Cap Super Sweet. TFA Peppermint fades quite a lot with time, so if it's tasting overly strong right now, that may absolutely not be a problem 2 weeks from now.

I love me some chocolate mint at this time of year. Good luck!

As far as bottles go, most of mine are el-cheapo 30ml ldpe bottles with pop-out nozzles and screw caps that I got from iVapeSupply for about 19 cents each (they're OOS there now). I think I have about a hundred of them. They are a little taller and thinner than the Gorilla bottles, but I like the wide neck they have. It's easy to mix directly into the bottle.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
your chocolate mint recipe
I took a taste of the mix after it steeped for about 2 weeks. It was way too nasty to mess with it any longer. Sadly I dumped the first mix of my restarting DIY.
I bought TFA Peppermint since I thought I would never find my favorite, FA Peppermint. In the past, I got stuck with Mild Winter which is fine if you want that flavor. To me, FA Peppermint is better tasting and not candy-like as with TFA's, which is also ok if one wants a candy type of peppermint. When the VT Chocolate Mousse gets here I will try again as I love Chocolate Mint ice cream and as a vape pretty good too if done right.
el-cheapo 30ml ldpe bottles with pop-out nozzles and screw caps
I have a few of those too, which are ok especially for the price if it wasn't for the CRC caps which I hate. The only child I have is my inner child and he hates them too.
I'm pretty sold on the 30ml twist tops on Amazon. I want to wait until after the Christmas rush dies down. You never know when an after Christmas sale might pop up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I took a taste of the mix after it steeped for about 2 weeks. It was way too nasty to mess with it any longer. Sadly I dumped the first mix of my restarting DIY.
I bought TFA Peppermint since I thought I would never find my favorite, FA Peppermint. In the past, I got stuck with Mild Winter which is fine if you want that flavor. To me, FA Peppermint is better tasting and not candy-like as with TFA's, which is also ok if one wants a candy type of peppermint. When the VT Chocolate Mousse gets here I will try again as I love Chocolate Mint ice cream and as a vape pretty good too if done right.

I have a few of those too, which are ok especially for the price if it wasn't for the CRC caps which I hate. The only child I have is my inner child and he hates them too.
I'm pretty sold on the 30ml twist tops on Amazon. I want to wait until after the Christmas rush dies down. You never know when an after Christmas sale might pop up.

I haven't even tried any other Peppermint besides TFA, because I like TFA so much.

Bottle caps aren't child-resistant, except for the more expensive Gorilla bottles I've bought. The bulk of mine are just regular screw-off tops.

I have a recipe for a Candy Cane Cheesecake that I think is really good. Do you want a link? There's no chocolate in it, but it's still a good peppermint flavor that holds up well over a few months' time.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
(they're OOS there now)
I finally figured out what "OOS" means. No wonder I didn't see them on the site without the CRC. I bought some 60ml ready-made e-liquid to encourage me to get back into DIY and to reuse the Gorilla bottles they came in. I don't know if all Gorilla Bottles are basically the same, but these were the worst with the tiny tips. It took forever to fill a 4ml tank.
Candy Cane Cheesecake
Yes! I like other flavors mixed with Peppermint, even TFA. I was toying with a creamed peppermint, mojito the hard way, peppermint ice cream, peppermint ice cream cake, peppermint and pecan praline cake or ice cream, etc. I am sure more will come to me in time.
Maybe thirty 30ml twist top bottles aren't that many after all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I finally figured out what "OOS" means. No wonder I didn't see them on the site without the CRC. I bought some 60ml ready-made e-liquid to encourage me to get back into DIY and to reuse the Gorilla bottles they came in. I don't know if all Gorilla Bottles are basically the same, but these were the worst with the tiny tips. It took forever to fill a 4ml tank.

Yes! I like other flavors mixed with Peppermint, even TFA. I was toying with a creamed peppermint, mojito the hard way, peppermint ice cream, peppermint ice cream cake, peppermint and pecan praline cake or ice cream, etc. I am sure more will come to me in time.
Maybe thirty 30ml twist top bottles aren't that many after all.

Here's the ELR link:

You could sub Cap Sugar Cookie for the WF Almond Cookie, and I think nearly any Marshmallow would do, except FW.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you for the link.
I have CAP Sugar Cookie on my growing Bull City Flavors order and now I will have to add Cream Cheese Icing too. I do have a bad taste about LorAnn Flavors stemming from years ago with their Watermelon coloring and a couple of other flavors that I dumped.
CCI looks to be a key flavor in the recipe so, I will have to get over my dislike for LorAnn Flavors and buy it, also looks to be the only flavor of icing. WF Glazed Doughnut has been used as icing, but I don't think it would work with this Cheesecake recipe. Not having either flavor I'm just going by what I have read so far.
As much as I like FA Lemon Sicily, I don't think it will hold up in this recipe. I have read where this flavor can fade over time. I had planned on getting a long-lasting lemon flavor that I can add to my Bull City Flavors list.
I was thinking of TFA Lemon. There might be better choices like Lemon-SC, VT Sour Lemon, Juicy Lemon SSA, or Natural Lemon SSA.

My Bull City list started with maybe 5 flavors, now is getting much bigger. I hope they have a sale soon.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
FA Lemon Sicily fades so badly, I don't even use it any more. I believe I have been told that SC Lemon and FE Lemon are the same, and Bull City carries SC Lemon, iirc. Inawera Lemon Mix is good, also, and doesn't fade, in my experience. It is more tart than FE/SC Lemon, but that wouldn't hurt a thing. The lemon flavor in this mix is so subtle it may not matter very much, but I almost always use lemon when I'm building a cheesecake (unless it's chocolate). Just seems to create a more realistic flavor to me.

Cream Cheese Icing is the only Lorann flavor I use and I don't know of a sub for it. About as close as I could come would be an 80/20 split of Flv Frosting and WF Mascarpone Cheese OR you could use Flv Frosting at 1% and increase the Yes, We Cheesecake to 3%.

I haven't tried WF Glazed Doughnut, I use Cap, but I know I wouldn't want to use Cap Glazed Doughnut in this recipe.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Inawera Lemon Mix
I went to BCF to check it out and they don't stock that one currently. I like the price of Juicy Lemon SSA $1.69 even with zero reviews and SC Lemon has good reviews though $2.99. I will see what my budget looks like when I place my order. I don't use a lot of lemon flavorings, but who knows down the line I may get into the flavor more.
I am looking forward to making the recipe.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Happy New Year, Mixers!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have been busy making new flavor mixes in my new twist-top bottles and setting them aside to steep with no fears of running out of bottles. A few hours ago I made a shake n vape Pink Lemonade. Not too bad for my first go at that flavor. Could use some tweaking with flavors I have coming later today.
I went to fill the Intake Dual and was met with a bit of awkwardness. I had been used to sticking the long thin tip bottles to fill the tank. Now I have this fat tip twisty thing. Whew! Still no mess at all and a speedy fill to boot. It will take some time to get used to the new tips, but overall I am delighted with the twist tops and no CRC to fuss with.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I gave this a try, but I messed it up as I failed to notice the drops per ml is 35, not 20 as I had my ejuiceMeUp set for. I tried winging the added drops and I should have left it alone.

Now that I have a scale to mix with. I will try it again by weight and lower the lemon a tad. The SSA Juicy Lemon is really strong. Too much and it takes on a spray cleaner taste. It does not fade. Next time I will start with 0.5 ml or lower. I might try using FA Peppermint instead of the TFA. The FA Peppermint seems to blend better with bakery flavors better than TFA's.

VU Sponsors