Become a Patron!

Earl Grey Tea

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
any feedback on this one? I have been looking for an earl grey for some time - and i'd have to buy all the flavors... just curious about how it tasted to you. thank you ! and thanks for posting.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
any feedback on this one? I have been looking for an earl grey for some time - and i'd have to buy all the flavors... just curious about how it tasted to you. thank you ! and thanks for posting.
Same here. I love Earl Grey tea and wouldn't mind an Earl Grey vape.

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, since it seems we're at least three here :) I'm posting my last attempt. May it contribute to our "earl grey" research group :)

I'm sharing also my notes even though I think this is far from finished. Just in case someone can tell me what I am getting wrong in my process, or how to improve. thanks !

Bergamot Tea / Peach blend.
4% Bergamot (FA)
1% Juicy Peach (TPA)
1% Lemon Sicily (FA)
0.5% Meringue (FA)
1% Pear (FA)
2% White Peach (FA)
Flavor total: 9.5%

vaped on 0.5 at 40w (i'm using a uwell crown if that's relevant) - just fresh out of the batch.
The general idea is to make a vapable bergamot without hitting the high floral / lavender notes -
The peaches are there to support the sweetness without taking over - and the pear is an old trick to sustain the white peach.

First impressions:
Inhale: very light sweet tea - the white / juicy peach is swirling its way up with a hint of the bergamot.
Exhale: Pleasant warm bergamot - citrus and meringue are associating gently at the intake - the meringue adds body to the mouth feel, like when you gulp a delicious luke warm earl grey.
very soft peach on the end of the exhale - what stays on the palate is the sweet citrus and the crispness of the juicy peach - and it's a little too much out there for my taste.

I would lower the citrus to 0.5 to mitigate the faint candy after taste impression and replace the meringue with another sweetener, perhaps Brown Sugar. Throughout the vape I noticed that Meringue was slowly taking over. Perhaps Bergamot is too subtle for such a bold sweetener.

I can imagine adding a drop of MTS Wizard to deepen the feel and tame the floral lavender when taking too many hits in a row.

Over all I think it can be greatly improved. But it's a start :) I hope this helps.

Last edited:

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So the follow up on this is that it wasn't very good... I'm trying to reproduce a London Fog instead (it's earl grey with Vanilla)

I'm starting in another direction and maybe not post anything unless I am sure it is vapable - earl grey is hard. If anyone has a suggestion...
However, someone was working on a more fruity tea that might be a good starting point in order to understand how tea works in its vape version:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pear-pomegranate-tea-by-lirruping.107119/#post-573247

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same here. I love Earl Grey tea and wouldn't mind an Earl Grey vape.
Hey Markw,
I don't know if you are still looking for an Earl Grey tea blend, but I did this very simple base. I'd love some feedback.
I've been trying to add all sorts of fruits - but in the end, this works the best. It's very much possible to improve, but at least I think we are here starting with a solid base. Mostly self explanatory - Vienna Cream gives this little push towards spiciness and balances the bergamot's floral notes. I hope you like it.

0.3% Bergamot (FA)
3% Black Tea (FA)
0.5% Creme Fresh (FA)
0.5% Vienna Cream (FA)
Flavor total: 4.3%
I did it at 80/20 VG PG - it hinders the natural harshness of most of these flavors.
Shake&Vape

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Markw,
I don't know if you are still looking for an Earl Grey tea blend, but I did this very simple base. I'd love some feedback.
I've been trying to add all sorts of fruits - but in the end, this works the best. It's very much possible to improve, but at least I think we are here starting with a solid base. Mostly self explanatory - Vienna Cream gives this little push towards spiciness and balances the bergamot's floral notes. I hope you like it.

0.3% Bergamot (FA)
3% Black Tea (FA)
0.5% Creme Fresh (FA)
0.5% Vienna Cream (FA)
Flavor total: 4.3%

Thanks! I'll have to order the Black Tea, and Bergamot and give it a try.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright, since it seems we're at least three here :) I'm posting my last attempt. May it contribute to our "earl grey" research group :)

I'm sharing also my notes even though I think this is far from finished. Just in case someone can tell me what I am getting wrong in my process, or how to improve. thanks !

Bergamot Tea / Peach blend.
4% Bergamot (FA)
1% Juicy Peach (TPA)
1% Lemon Sicily (FA)
0.5% Meringue (FA)
1% Pear (FA)
2% White Peach (FA)
Flavor total: 9.5%

vaped on 0.5 at 40w (i'm using a uwell crown if that's relevant) - just fresh out of the batch.
The general idea is to make a vapable bergamot without hitting the high floral / lavender notes -
The peaches are there to support the sweetness without taking over - and the pear is an old trick to sustain the white peach.

First impressions:
Inhale: very light sweet tea - the white / juicy peach is swirling its way up with a hint of the bergamot.
Exhale: Pleasant warm bergamot - citrus and meringue are associating gently at the intake - the meringue adds body to the mouth feel, like when you gulp a delicious luke warm earl grey.
very soft peach on the end of the exhale - what stays on the palate is the sweet citrus and the crispness of the juicy peach - and it's a little too much out there for my taste.

I would lower the citrus to 0.5 to mitigate the faint candy after taste impression and replace the meringue with another sweetener, perhaps Brown Sugar. Throughout the vape I noticed that Meringue was slowly taking over. Perhaps Bergamot is too subtle for such a bold sweetener.

I can imagine adding a drop of MTS Wizard to deepen the feel and tame the floral lavender when taking too many hits in a row.

Over all I think it can be greatly improved. But it's a start :) I hope this helps.
I made this and added 1/4% clove to it. It pops! Like the flavor...

VU Sponsors