Become a Patron!

East Peoria council expands ban on e-cigarettes

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"With complaints about electronic smoking devices in public places on the rise and the negative effects coming to light through extensive research, we feel compelled to act at this time."

Fucking dumb bastards....!

They should be forced to cite that 'extensive research' before being allowed to even consider banning anything, not just ecigs. It's ludicrous that the process for doing so is for the most part, based entirely on the whims of a few select individuals.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am a vaper not a smoker
I vape l do not smoke. There is a difference.
Also what does a ban mean? Can you be fined for vaping?In the UK smoking laws cannot be applied to vaping.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am not a fan of big government," Kahl said. "My decision to support this ordinance is not a matter of a belief in allowing the government to restrict anyone's right to smoke electronic devices, but is what I feel is a moral obligation as commissioner of public health and safety to protect the rights of all in public places, to include a right from being adversely affected by the toxic emissions of electronic smoking devices."

So,Kahl thinks he has the moral obligation to strip people of their freedoms, and a life saving technolgy......how stupid do they think the public is.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, toxic emissions from vapor? He's just another government schmuck who's on the PC bandwagon. What an asswipe.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"Merchants and businesses asked us to do this so they would have something to tell their patrons,"
So merchants and businesses are now too pussified to establish and enforce the rules they want on their own property and need the goobermint to do it for them?

VU Sponsors