Become a Patron!

ECIG/vape users wanted

Are you 18 years of age or older? Do you currently use an electronic cigarette/vape? You may be eligible to participate in a research study that will have you participate in a semi structured online interview. Individuals who complete one 1-hour interview will be compensated.

If interested, please complete a short eligibility survey here:
https://redcap.wvctsi.org/redcap/surveys/?s=WMN4NLPKJ4

For more information, please email Maggie (Email removed: Read the rules first next time.)

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Blank, Department of Psychology, Life Science Building, Downtown Campus, (Phone number removed. Even antis have to follow rules) Approval of this study is on file with the WVU Institutional Review Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you 18 years of age or older? Do you currently use an electronic cigarette/vape? You may be eligible to participate in a research study that will have you participate in a semi structured online interview. Individuals who complete one 1-hour interview will be compensated.

For more information, please email Maggie Email removed: Read the rules first next time.

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Blank, Department of Psychology, Life Science Building, Downtown Campus, (bullshit phone number removed. Even antis have to follow rules) . Approval of this study is on file with the WVU Institutional Review Board.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a bit leary of having yet another study used against vapers. It is a smoking cessation method. The sale of vaping supplies to minors is illegal. It is not offered in toy stores or candy stores. Yes there are flavors that would appeal to children, but there is also bubblegum flavored vodka out there.

WVU seems to have a history of a negative approach to the smoking cessation miracle that vaping is:

That first one has a reference to the infamous vaping mice meme.

Next

I had to read through that one to see what they were vaping, and the study was of elderly patients being admitted to the hospital! Many former smokers are recovering from lung disease, and some people stop too late for even vaping to save them.

Next

OMYGAWD, ..."one confirmed case and one probable case of pulmonary illness associated with vaping" (but no details given).

Next

I say no thanks. If you want to survey cigarette smokers who were able to quit by vaping legal products, read the posts in this forum. You'll find what you need to know, lots of what you need to know.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

"Even when the same device and liquid features are used, however,
more experienced e-cigarette users obtain more nicotine than less experienced users. Thus, the ability of an e-cigarette to deliver nicotine is dependent on characteristics of the device, the liquid and the user."
Brilliant deduction. From a study of 140 vapers that have vaped 16 months or less.
CDC and FDA among the funders. Millions to determine common sense, it depends. Same with cigs...it depends.

1653427273276.png

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
duplicate threads merged.

aerodan

Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
Dr Blank, it would seem to me, has already formed an opinion of vaping, vapers and the users of this forum. It's hard to imagine that she would change course even if scientific data supported vaping. She came to a forum for people who've taken their health into their own hands, where other methods and prescribed treatments have failed, to support constraining and further regulating our choices.

She must think us very ignorant to take part in observational, editorial based studies given papers such as:

...and with titles such as:

"Blank, M.D., & Eissenberg, T. (2015). Commentary on Brose et al. (2015). Protecting individual and public health by regulating electronic cigarette nicotine delivery. Addiction, 110(7), 1169-1170. PIMD: 26094498"

...and knowing that she was weened from the very start on lazily designed "within-subject" research methods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will limit any participation to openly on the forum saying I choose to use nicotine. Yes, I'm aware it poses some health risks. Yes, I'm also aware the way it is used offers various levels of risks.

That noted, I choose to vape & rub snuff. I do not use opioids unless prescribed and strictly follow what is prescribed. I've no addiction to opioids, choosing instead to rely upon Tylenol & tense unit for pain relief.

I will not participate farther in any studies set off to themselves. If you desire more, you can ask me openly in the forum. If you private message me about farther study, I will post it openly in the forum regardless of privacy/non-disclosure considerations.

Apologies if my transparency is too candid. Prefer not having any data regarding myself linked toward negative expressions against vaping. For myself and many others vaping has been a life saver. Thank you.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

For more information, please email Maggie

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Blank, Department of Psychology, Life Science Building, Downtown Campus,. Approval of this study is on file with the WVU Institutional Review Board.
Gess we'uns ain't all as dum as ya thank, huh, doc?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

For more information, please email Maggie (Email removed: Read the rules first next time.)

Principal Investigator: Dr. Melissa Blank, Department of Psychology, Life Science Building, Downtown Campus, (Phone number removed. Even antis have to follow rules) Approval of this study is on file with the WVU Institutional Review Board.

Phone number & email removed.
Everyone has to follow the same rules here.
It doesn't matter if you think you are in an ivory tower or not.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gonna be tree years old. I takes daddy's vaper for my binky to suck n I bangs on my toy drum wif it. Soon as I cn write I send you a surbay but might hab drool on it. Or my boogers.

VU Sponsors