Become a Patron!

Ehpro Mini Buddha RTA: 18mm, Single Coil, Dual Air, $23.99

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been looking for an RTA this size, most recently at Mini Fogger, but held off because I don't really want to go back to center post restricted air flow. As soon as I saw this I jumped. Will review it here as soon as I have some experience with it.

$_57.JPG $_57 (1).JPG $_57 (4).JPG $_57 (3).JPG Screenshot 2015-05-28 at 5.22.51 PM.png

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just topped off tank #3 on the Mini Buddha and it's been a flawless performer. For comparison sake, I used one side of the Orchid/Silverplay/Goblin/Cthulhu build I've been favoring lately: 26 gauge, 3mm, 5/6 wraps, .75 ohm, cotton. The coil is set as low as possible to the extremely build-friendly deck, with short wicks ending at the top of the juice channels. I removed the AFC screws so the airflow is maxed out, and as always I'm mostly lung hitting. Not a single dry hit going on three tanks. For this last refill I topped off completely with no air space, and still no dry hit. That is usually a sign that the juice channels are sized just right.

Because of the unique dual air, there is really no small diameter RTA to compare this to. Subtank Nano probably has comparable air flow, but it's a replaceable and I don't have one. Ehpro has designed a no compromise small tank here, and comparisons directly go to its bigger cousins. In terms of the overall quality of the vape, the RTA that comes closest in my personal experience is Lemo, though this one produces a warmer vapor. I consider Lemo to be an excellent full size single coil RTA, so that's saying a lot about the Mini Buddha.

Given equivalent builds, adequate juice flow and similar chamber sizes, differences go to airflow: intake area and chimney area. Here are a few comparisons:

Total intake area (@deck):
Kayfun 3 (single) 2.0 sq. mm
Erlkonigin (single) 2.5 sq. mm
Mini Buddha (dual) 5.7 sq. mm
Orchid (dual) 6.9 sq. mm
Chimney area (@narrowest point):
Erlkonigin 7.5 sq. mm
Kayfun 3/Orchid 12.6 sq. mm
Mini Buddha 19.6 sq. mm
Goblin/Silverplay/Cthulhu 28.3 sq. mm​

I retired my Kayfuns last Fall, and the Erlkonigins have sat neglected for months. This will be my new single coil standard. (I never owned the Lemo; just borrowed one for a week.) It's much better than I expected and even better than I'd hoped. It's so good that I'm going to build a cigarette pack size mod to wrap around it. With the single coil I will be able to get a fully satisfying vape to last me when I'm out for the day, on a single high amp 18350 and in a small enough form factor to be as stealthy (and sneaky) as I need to be. ;)

IMAG0524_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very nice indeed!