Become a Patron!

Eleaf iWũ 15W(max) Pod Starter Kit 700mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the iWu Pod Starter kit from Eleaf. The iWu Pod Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

http://www.eleafworld.com/iwu/

Introduction

Another refillable pod system, this one the iWu from Eleaf. The iWu has a removable hollow outer cover with cutouts in it giving the iWu quite a distinctive look, it is retractable so can be placed in a position to conceal the mouthpiece. The iWu boasts the use of leakproof sidefill pods, and a large (relative to pod devices) 700mAh battery. The direct output, suction initiated device is ideal for high nic and nic salts with the 1.3ohm resistance giving a max of 15w output.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Eleaf iWũ Battery(with a Battery Cover)
2 x Eleaf iWũ Cartridge
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iWu Pod Starter Kit comes in typical Eleaf packaging and once opened i was met by a little colourful pocket friendly device with quite a unique appearance. I received the Dazzling Yellow version, the iWu is also available in Gold Green, Blue, Silver Black and Red Black, the Blue version is two toned. The main device is plastic but seems durable, with a cover or sleeve (whatever you prefer to call it) which is metal and all colour finishes on the metal covers maintain a metallic look. I will attempt to describe the aesthetics of the device with the pod inserted and cover fully on. The bottom third of the device is Yellow and made of plastic with both the "Eleaf" and "iWu" logo' printed on the front, also centrally at the bottom of the front where it meats the base there is an LED indication light. The base see's centrally the micro USB port, the rest of the bottom section is featureless. The metallic rainbow cover has slot cutouts back and front but no other features, the aesthetic look of the device is the contrast between the metallic cover and the plastic main body showing at the bottom and between the slots. Finally the top see's the black tinted mouthpiece of the pod protruding out of the cover, in my opinion all the colour options look good but it'e entirely subjective. The device fits nicely in the hand and the mouthpiece is comfortable between the lips.

iWu Specs and Features:

Size: 30 x 14 x 98mm
Battery Capacity: Built-in 700mAh
Max Wattage: 15W
E-juice Capacity: 2ml
Coil Resistance: 1.3ohm
Output Mode: Direct Output Mode
Charging Port: Micro USB
Four Color Battery Indicator Light:
Green(100%-60%), Orange(59%-30%),
Blue(29%-10%), Red(≤9%)
Innovative Portable Design with Unique Protective Battery Cover
Built-in 700mAh Battery with 15W Max Output
Four Color Battery Indicator Light
Easy Side Refill Design with 2ml E-juice Capacity
Colours: Dazzling Yellow, Gold Green, Blue, Silver Black, Red Black

The Pod

The Pod is a tinted black translucent colour and holds 2ml of e-liquid and just gets press fitted into the device when filled but fits very securely. It is filled via a removable bung on the side which reveals a reasonable sized fill hole but using chunky nozzles will be messy. Although the coil can't be replaced in the pod you can see clearly it's a standard looking coil you would use for a MTL tank, it has a resistance of 1.3ohm which will give 15w with the battery fresh. Despite being tinted you can clearly see your juice level but once the cover is fitted to the device all the pod apart from the mouthpiece is covered. You get 2 identical 2ml capacity with 1.3ohm resistance pods included in the kit.

The Cover

The aesthetic standout on the device is the cover with cutouts and i like the plastic device metallic cover combo aesthetically. On the device both edges towards the top has a ball-bearing and the cover has 2 small holes on each edge lined up vertically. When you slide the cover on slowly the first hole either side catches the ball-bearings and the cover is fixed into position to cover the mouthpiece for those that maybe would want to put the device in their shirt pocket and not have the mouthpiece visible. Push the cover or should i call it the sleeve further down and it secures on the other holes, with the cover fully on the mouthpiece is now showing.

Using the iWu

It's like many other pod systems of this style suction operated so no buttons whatsoever, simply vape. The device is not constant output which is my preference with a pod system but direct output so the vape will get weaker as the battery get's lower but with a 1.3ohm coil the drop off will be quite subtle. The device does have many safety features which are, over charge protection, low voltage protection, short circuit protection, over vape protection and over current protection. Also in my opinion the iWu has better than usual battery status indication. The LED lights Green when it's between 60% and 100%, lights Orange when between 30% and 59%, lights Blue when between 10% and 29% and finally lights Red when below 10% and you have to think about charging the device.

How it Vaped

It gives a nice consistent vape with the expected drop off barely noticeable. The pod did need about 1ml worth of vaping to fully break in but then the flavour was quite good, i would say average for a pod system. I did like the airflow on the iWu it is quite tight but not super tight, it isn't the loose MTL vape i get on most of the pod systems i try. The only main issue i have with the device is you can only see the mouthpiece with the cover on which means you have to keep removing the cover to check your juice level, not a big deal to many but will bug many users (it did bug me). Back on the positives the battery is 700mAh which is a really good size for this type of device.

Well made
Aesthetically pleasing (subjective)
Nice quite tight MTL airflow (not super, tight not loose)
2 Pods included
Average flavour (not bad for a pod system)
Good device for high nic and nic salts
Very good battery status indication
Suffered no leaking with side-fill system
Vibrant colour options
Cover can be fixed in 2 different positions
700mAh Battery
Pocket friendly

Dislikes

Can't see juice level with cover on
Filling can be messy with big nozzles
Personally i like physical fire button (subjective)
Direct output device (not very noticeable but vape gets slightly weaker)

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iWu Pod Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.eleafworld.com/iwu/

VU Sponsors