Become a Patron!

Eleaf Pico COMPAQ 60W 18650 AIO Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Pico COMPAQ 60W 18650 Kit from Eleaf. The Eleaf Pico COMPAQ 60W 18650 Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/eleaf-pico-compaq-kit.html

Introduction

Eleaf as one of the Jwei trio is one of the vaping industries oldest manufacturers and have continually brought us good quality budget devices following whatever the current market trend may be.

The Pico Compaq AIO device is an AIO device with a design inspired by Eleaf's most successful and loved device the Pico. The Pico has been released in various variants with both 18650 and 21700 versions and with the Pico Squeeze even a BF option. The Compaq of course has the trademark top battery cap but with a square form which has a spring loaded bayonet fitting. The device is a simple wattage only device which comes with a dust cover which can stay attached via a chain. Coming in six colour/design options let's check the latest Pico out!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Eleaf Pico COMPAQ 3.8ml (2ml TPD Edition)
2x GTL 0.4ohm coil
1x Type-C Cable
1x User Manual
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Pico Compaq comes in cardboard box packaging with outer cardboard Sleeve. On opening the box i was pleasantly surprised as the device is very well made and both looks much nicer and is far more ergonomic than it looks in any photos i have seen. I received the Dazzling Marble option which has a metallic finish with Gold, Blue and Red in it's design which glistens as it catches the light. The options are Gradient Purple, Gradient Grey, Carbon Silver, Gold Ripple, Carbon Black and Dazzling Marble.

The sides are curved which really helps to give a nice ergonomic feel in the hand and the face has an open slot for airflow top followed by a square light switch style fire button. We then have a small elongated screen central followed by a horizontally positioned navigational rocker and finally a Type C USB port at the bottom.

Looking down from above with the dust cap not attached we can see the protruding loop to one side then at the front the mouthpiece of the pod that protrudes out of the pod bay. To the rear of the top we have the square battery cap and then looking at the base, branding, safety marks and venting holes!

Pico Compaq Specs and Features:

Size: 31.5mm x 53.5m x 89.0mm
Capacity: 2ml/3.8ml
Coil: GTL 0.4ohm KA1 Coil (20-30W)
Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
Battery: 1 x 18650 battery (Not included)
Output: 1-60W
Anti-dust cover cap design
Compact and portable size
Adjustable wattage function
Innovative GTL Mesh coil
Type-C quick charge
Multiple battery protections
Side filling design
Colours/Designs: Gradient Purple, Gradient Grey, Carbon Silver, Gold Ripple, Carbon Black, Dazzling Marble

The Dust Cover

One of the features of the Pico Compaq is the dust cover that can stay attached to the device when removed via a chain which has a clasp that hooks through a loop on the side of the device. I get the thought process especially in these times when we need to more micro manage hygiene and it's far from the first device that has a dust cover included but including a chain so it can hook on the device is something i haven't seen before and i hate it!

As soon as i had took the photos for the review it went straight in the garbage as i just don't want a dust cover annoyingly swinging on a chain when i vape and the all routine of constantly removing it to vape would drive me insane, i admire anyone who can tolerate it more than a few hours.

This does leave a generous sized loop protruding annoyingly from the device which i suppose does allow the lanyard wearing vapers to fit a lanyard and wear it around their necks but then other than in influencer photo's has anyone ever actually seen anybody using a device like this with a lanyard? I know i haven't, ever!

The Pod

The pod is one moulding including an incorporated drip tip so you can't fit an alternative, underneath the mouth section of the pod we have a ridge before the main pod body which can be used to get a grip when removing the pod from the device. The pod is clear so it gives perfect visibility of the juice inside but unfortunately we have no viewing window on the device and apart from the mouthpiece section the rest of the pod gets inserted into the device.

On the rear of the pod we have a Light Green Silicone flap with fill port plug which stays attached when lifted. The fill port compared to most pods is huge so it can be filled quickly while also letting the air escape, the standard pod holds 3.8ml and of course the TPD pod 2ml.

Looking at the base we have a round central opening for the coil head to be press fitted into place and either side elongated magnets.

The Coil Head

You receive 2 of the same coil heads in fact as far as i am aware it's the only coil head available which is a big con. It's the new GTL Mesh Coil Head with a resistance of 0.4ohm, Kanthal and rated between 20w to 30w.

The coil head has quite a wide inner bore for a 0.4ohm coil head and also very large wicking holes, as mentioned it just gets press fitted into place.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pod bay we can see the Gold plated, spring loaded contacts central with silicone surround and to each side an elongated magnet to match the ones on the pod, finally we can see the slanted front airflow slot. The magnets are strong but there is a ridge on the pod to get hold of to pull free, also it can be wiggled about slightly but when in normal use there is no movement!

The Airflow

The Pico Compaq doesn't have adjustable airflow which is a big let down, what it does have is a large open slanted slot at the top of the device which directs air (and plenty of it) down to the base of the coil which then will enter through the coil heads inlets and up through the inner bore. The only way of controlling the amount of airflow on a device like this is by the diameter of the inner bore of the coil head which with the coil heads included especially for a 0.4ohm coil is quite wide so before even trying the device it was obvious to me this would give an airy vape!

Review Continued Below:

VU Sponsors