Become a Patron!

Electronic cigarettes proving a sellout hit in Japanese market (Actually Phillip Morris iQOS)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003165033

This is great and all but they are talking about Phillip Morris Heat Not Burn tobacco product.

It's basically like a dry herb vaporizer on the far end with a cigarette that goes in the mouthpiece end.

Whatever the fuck this is it ain't an ecig, it's more like a "hybrid"

BUT this may be promising for those who can not make the switch to regular ecigs or vaporizers - 5150

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG, again with the heated tobacco failure. This was an abysmal failure some three decades ago and it will be an abysmal failure again. Virtually no visual cues for those that rely on them (i.e. smoke or clouds) and they taste like total shit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't like them for one reason: they use tobacco. We're fighting for our lives, trying to convince those total fucking idiots in DC that we're NOT using tobacco, nope, not a scrap... so a product like this is just plain confusing, muddying the water, giving the ANTZ another reason to yap yap yap about devil tobacco. :facepalm: I'll stick to ejuice, because there ain't even a SMIDGEN of tobacco.

Now, devices like this for that other stuff.... cool. :)

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if they improved the nic delivery in this method, but if they did, it would have to be chemically. As I said, this is really very old tech. The originals still lit and then there was a core that burned down the center and warmed the tobacco. It tasted like shit and the first thing you wanted after using one was a real cigarette, it did nothing to cut nic crave.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't like them for one reason: they use tobacco. We're fighting for our lives, trying to convince those total fucking idiots in DC that we're NOT using tobacco, nope, not a scrap... so a product like this is just plain confusing, muddying the water, giving the ANTZ another reason to yap yap yap about devil tobacco. :facepalm: I'll stick to ejuice, because there ain't even a SMIDGEN of tobacco.

Now, devices like this for that other stuff.... cool. :)

Andria
Absolutely ! I wonder what chemicals are in those cartridges????Fuck BT !

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still, it is tobacco.

Indeed, which, as i said, gives the ANTZ much too much fuel for their obsessive hatred. But for those who can't quite make the transition to regular vaping, it might serve as a good bridge, and is undoubtedly less hazardous than actually smoking cigarettes.

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is just weird imo, for one thing it's been a long time since I smoked a cig, but every now and then I get a hankerin to have one. The real thing is nasty to me now so tobacco flavored liquids were and are a Godsend.

I wonder what they'll come out with in say 5-10 years? Lol. Oh man.:facepalm:

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
tobacco but not smoke, i'm curious is all. though our gov't would surly mess with it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OR a gateway device AWAY from smoking.
if this is a gateway device then so is vaping.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OR a gateway device AWAY from smoking.
if this is a gateway device then so is vaping.
I disagree.
If someone started out with this, then he would most likely advance to smoking rather then vaping.
Nobody in his right mind would "advance" from vaping to smoking.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think these are a great idea...as a portable device they kinda suck but they have larger ones that plug into a wall plug and can pump out the juice with a bigger chamber...I don't know but I suspect that you get the Tobacco alkloids using these,and that could be why people like them....

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Battery tech has improved a LOT since then.
There were no batteries. They were sold in packs, exactly like cigarettes. 20 per pack, exactly like cigarettes. You lit them with a lighter, exactly like cigarettes. Then the core burned down the center, without ever burning the tobacco or tobacco flavored gunk or whatever was in them, just heated it. I forget the brand name, but they were out for a year, maybe less, in the late 80s or early 90s. Tasted basically like aquarium carbon mixed with old leaves and paint thinner. And like I said, when you were done "smoking" one, the first thing you wanted to do was smoke a real cigarette.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tasted basically like aquarium carbon mixed with old leaves and paint thinner.

You painted a picture of words that I think I can taste.. ick.

I remember trying some "herbal" cigs once.. just like you said.. once done, you're looking for a real cig just to get the crap taste out of your mouth.

(note I said "herbal" and not "herb".. ;)

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think they were called Primo, something like that. If you can find someone who has a pack, they probably still taste the same as when they were made. :D You know, just to see how accurate your imagination is. ;)

VU Sponsors