Become a Patron!

End all Be All: Uwell Crown VS. Smok TFV4 Mini Comparison

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So here it is, a distributor making a full review that is unbiased.

I'll break it down pretty easily.

Here are the specs of each:

Uwell Crown:
  • Top filling and bottom filling are available
  • Large air flow and huge vapor production
  • Stainless Steel and Quartz Glass
  • Dual Coil NI200 0.15 (Up to 600 Degrees)
  • Dual Coil: 0.25 ohm/0.5 ohm (80-120W)
  • 4 mL capacity
Smok TFV4 Mini:
  • 22mm Diameter
  • 3.5mL Juice Capacity
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • High Grade Glass Reinforcement
  • Top-Fill Design with Hinge Lock
  • Interchangeable Coil Heads

I'll start by saying I've used the Crown since it's birth, and the Smok TFV4 Mini for about 3 weeks now. I've recently switched back to using the Crown because of a few reasons.

Whats included on both:
Uwell Crown
Replacement Quartz Glass
Extra O-Rings
Three Coils with Optional RBA Deck

Smok TFV4 Mini
Replacement Pyrex Glass
Extra O-rings and Silicone/Rubber composite for Top Fill Hinged Design
Three Coils (an included RBA Deck for Clapton Builds)

Verdict:
Uwell Crown:

After using this tank and putting it through hell, dropping it, mixing juices, testing every coil, the Uwell Crown has been nothing but resilient. It's the perfect tank for medium to high wattage, doesn't waste battery, doesn't burn through juice as fast as it should and It looks elegant. The one gripe I do have is the airflow not being as adjustable as most tanks in the market, but it's a flavor and vapor chucker that's worth every penny. The coil selection isn't as vast as the TFV4 Mini, but it does provide the settings necessary for someone doing TC or pure wattage. Good for both direct-lung or mouth hits.

Smok TFV4:
The Smok TFV4 and the TFV4 Mini are real nice gimmicky tanks. With coils that support the needs of practically any vaper, it's real selling point is the versatility between the users. With that said, the TFV4 mini has a 3.5mL capacity that just doesn't seem to cut it sometimes. It almost feels like I'm dripping with the amount of juice I go through on this tank. Furthermore, it kills my battery like no other (Evic VTC Mini with an Imren 3000mAh 40A battery). I can't keep going on 60 watts. The longevity of the coil matches that of the Uwell Crown for me, but I cannot keep a tank full with the TFV4 Mini. Trying every coil that's possibly known to the TFV4 series, the NI200 Air Core is probably their best for nickel, and the T3 the best for flavor and vapor. The top hinge design is a cool quick changeout, but these things get soaked with e liquid, and it gets pretty messy.

Why the Crown stands victorious:

For the price, and the replacement coils and value of it all... It's definitely my top pick. It hasn't leaked on me once. The Smok TFV4 can get messy when filling, and I just can't find a reason to like it as much as I do the Crown.

Let me know if you guys have feedback or questions. We have these products both readily available for your purchase on our website and we're an official distributor of Uwell Products. With that said, I've kept this review completely unbiased for your consideration.

And I can hook you guys up with coupons too! Or you can click the revolving banner on the Vapor Joe's Network!

Last edited:

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Moved to written reviews.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the crown Ni200 coils are DVC not single

the 1.2 ss coils is a single coils

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bumping this up because I'm experimenting with these two tanks right now as well.

Actually four tanks.

I've had the TFV4 and TFV4 Mini for a few days now and have a Uwell Crown coming tomorrow. The "fourth" tank is the so-called "mini-backup kit" that comes with the SMOK R200. This setup transforms the Mini into a larger capacity tank (4.5) that uses SMOK's micro line of atomizers. I haven't set it up that way yet, but with the liquid consumption this thing requires I think I'll do it soon.

I'm looking forward to comparing with the Crown. The OP talks about the same issues I see. The TFV4x is a super versatile ecosystem. Every coil under the sun including some ridiculously gimmicky ones like the new eight coil and also a nice range of RBA options. However, it's a bulky tank with a wide throat that will consume all your liquid right now. Additionally, their wonky top loading system is guaranteed to open up and spill if you put it in your pocket. They should have either made it screw down or included some kind of locking mechanism.

I love the TFV4x and I won't be dropping it from my lineup any time soon, but I think the Crown may work better as a daily driver.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bumping this up because I'm experimenting with these two tanks right now as well.

Actually four tanks.

I've had the TFV4 and TFV4 Mini for a few days now and have a Uwell Crown coming tomorrow. The "fourth" tank is the so-called "mini-backup kit" that comes with the SMOK R200. This setup transforms the Mini into a larger capacity tank (4.5) that uses SMOK's micro line of atomizers. I haven't set it up that way yet, but with the liquid consumption this thing requires I think I'll do it soon.

I'm looking forward to comparing with the Crown. The OP talks about the same issues I see. The TFV4x is a super versatile ecosystem. Every coil under the sun including some ridiculously gimmicky ones like the new eight coil and also a nice range of RBA options. However, it's a bulky tank with a wide throat that will consume all your liquid right now. Additionally, their wonky top loading system is guaranteed to open up and spill if you put it in your pocket. They should have either made it screw down or included some kind of locking mechanism.

I love the TFV4x and I won't be dropping it from my lineup any time soon, but I think the Crown may work better as a daily driver.
I already have both a TFV4 and a Crown. The Crown sits on my SX Mini, and the TFV4 sits in my drawer pretty much unused. The vapor output on the TFV4 is impressive, but the Crown wins on flavor, hands down. I've been running the .5ohm coil at around 35-40 watts with the air wide open.

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already have both a TFV4 and a Crown. The Crown sits on my SX Mini, and the TFV4 sits in my drawer pretty much unused. The vapor output on the TFV4 is impressive, but the Crown wins on flavor, hands down. I've been running the .5ohm coil at around 35-40 watts with the air wide open.

Interesting. My Crown should be here today.

Been going back and forth with the TFVx's and it's true that some of the coil configurations are tricky to dial for flavor/easy to dial for clouds. That said, the dual fused (I think) Clapton coil at .35ohm is pretty darn flavorful around 70w. At the moment that's my preferred option. The triple coil sucks liquid like mad and doesn't give very good flavor.

I'll try your settings when the Crown comes. I was wondering which of the three coils to start with.

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things I like about the Crown:

1) Screw down top. This is a no brainier. The TFV4 non-locking swivel top is an accident waiting to happen.

2) Through body frame. You can take the top or bottom caps off without the tank falling apart. On the TFV4 the tank needs to be empty when you disassemble it or it'll separate and spill.

3) Click stop airflow control. The machining on this mechanism is excellent. On the TFV4 there's no click stops. It's supposed to be stiff enough not to turn accidently, but he one on my mini is so tight that I often start to unscrew the tank instead and the one on my full sized TFV4 is way too loose.

4) Atomizer size. These seem more reasonably sized than the gargantuan TFV4 ones.

5) I'm using the .35 ohm dual coil right now. It's flavorful and liquid hungry, but is going through it at about 2/3 of the rate of the TFV4.

Dislikes:

1) No RBA deck in the kit.

2) Relatively limited rang of available coils

The TFV4 is a sweet tank for sure. I like many things about it but I think the simpler, more focused design of the Crown beats it. The TFV4 is big, hot and hungry. If that's your gig that's your tank. The Crown is more tame and refined.

The Crown seems like it was designed by vapers. The TFV4 seems like it was made by non-vaping engineers.

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and PS: I have hopes that the TFV4 in mini-backup configuration with the so-called micro coils may redeem their system somewhat.

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Crown .5 coil up to 80 watts today. Very flavorful and warm vapor. Not sure if I'll take this one any higher.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got the Crown .5 coil up to 80 watts today. Very flavorful and warm vapor. Not sure if I'll take this one any higher.
It performs well at some higher wattages. I just tend to keep mine at the 35-40 watt range because it seems a good balance of flavor, vapor, and battery life.

VU Sponsors