Ethan Hawke Reveals How Oscar Isaac Convinced Him To Join Moon Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Ethan Hawke has revealed what it took for him to join Marvel's upcoming Moon Knight series on Disney Plus and it surprisingly didn't take much at all.

In fact, all it took was Oscar Isaac literally asking him once, according the actor himself on Late Night with Seth Meyers. We can't blame Hawke for saying yes to Isaac — it's Oscar Isaac after all and who wouldn't want to work with him — but the surprise in this news is that Hawke has notoriously stayed away from comic book movies and mainstream Hollywood franchises.

"[Isaac's] like, 'Hey, I really liked The Good Lord Bird,'" Hawke said. "I was like, 'Hey cool, I really like your work. You're amazing.' He's like, 'Want to be in Moon Knight with me?' It happened the right way."

And that's all she, or rather, Disney, wrote. It seems Isaac knows the age-old adage that it never hurts to ask. In this case, it paid off because now Hawke will reportedly be playing the villain to Isaac's Moon Knight.

Elsewhere, Hawke said the sets of Moon Knight are "the best sets I've ever been on in my life" and that the show's costumes and cinematography are "mind-boggling."

As for who Hawke's villain will be in Moon Knight, the character doesn't have the largest rouges gallery in Marvel comics. Perhaps he's playing Killer Shrike or Black Spectre or maybe even the Sun King. Given Hawke's ethnicity, it seems unlikely he'll be playing Raoul Bushman, though. Maybe Hawke is playing an entirely new villain. Only time will tell.

While waiting to learn more about Hawke's role in the series, read about how Oscar Isaac came to be cast as Moon Knight and then check out IGN's breakdown explainer of who Moon Knight is and what their role might be in the MCU.

Wesley LeBlanc is a freelance news writer and guide maker for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @LeBlancWes.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors