Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...hout-smoke-e-cigarettes-not-without-risk.html

"But Robert Klesgas, professor of Preventive Medicine in the College of Medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, wants to be sure no one is kidding themselves about nicotine use. Klesges has been researching the health impacts of nicotine addiction and smoking for more than 30 years.

He admits that a theoretical cigarette smoker who made a full and complete transition to nicotine vapor products would be engaging in significantly safer behavior, but that's not what he's seeing."

So either the title of this story is misleading or this guy just isn't looking for the 40% of ecig users that a switched entirely from smoking to vaping.

40% of NINE MILLION in the United States alone is A LOT of ex smokers.

Who's fault is it that this guy hasn't walked into a vape shop to find any yet?

And lets be real here people in tobacco control have been studying SMOKING for the last 30 years and vaping for the last 3 years.
That's about the time that they decided (non pharmaceutical) nicotine use was a problem - 5150

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this little gem of his professional analysis:
Most e-cigarette users, according to Klesgas, use other nicotine products, as well. He's seen people who rotate as many as nine different products at once. Many use e-cigarettes as a stop gap measure for moments when smoking is prohibited.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I love this little gem of his professional analysis:

nine different products.
So people are using cigarettes, cigars, chew, snus, vaping, the patch, the gum, chantix, .... wait, I can't even NAME 9 tobacco products at the same time.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
nine different products.
So people are using cigarettes, cigars, chew, snus, vaping, the patch, the gum, chantix, .... wait, I can't even NAME 9 tobacco products at the same time.
forgot pipe and snuff, and those horrible as fuck tobacco shit candy things.

And we both forgot the lozengers.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors