Become a Patron!

eVic AIO o-rings

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So... my wife is very hard on mods. She probably has sent more mods to the mod cemetery than I currently even own. It's a testament to this device that it has survived this long in her hands. But...

There's an o-ring on the (male) chimney where you screw on the (female) atty heads. Bad design, especially if you don't include extra o-rings in the kit, right? She's lost the o-rings on all of her eVic AIOs now. I contacted MVS, where I bought them, and they found one spare that will fit that they had, but that's it. They suggested I contact Joyetech.

Joyetech support said, in the same e-mail, that they didn't sell the part, then asked what the part was that I had clearly explained as I did here, then asked if I could send them a picture of the part I had already explained was lost.

Frustrating? Yeah.

Anyone know where I can get these o-rings and what size?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So... my wife is very hard on mods. She probably has sent more mods to the mod cemetery than I currently even own. It's a testament to this device that it has survived this long in her hands. But...

There's an o-ring on the (male) chimney where you screw on the (female) atty heads. Bad design, especially if you don't include extra o-rings in the kit, right? She's lost the o-rings on all of her eVic AIOs now. I contacted MVS, where I bought them, and they found one spare that will fit that they had, but that's it. They suggested I contact Joyetech.

Joyetech support said, in the same e-mail, that they didn't sell the part, then asked what the part was that I had clearly explained as I did here, then asked if I could send them a picture of the part I had already explained was lost.

Frustrating? Yeah.

Anyone know where I can get these o-rings and what size?
Can't help you with the size. However, you have a wide variety at http://www.oringsandmore.com

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the source. Without knowing the size, though... Man, who knew there were so many variations.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I kinda feel like i should just invest in a digital caliper and measure all my o rings , so when the day comes when they get lost or leaky, I can speed the reorder process.. It's really just inner diameter (I think, I'll have to check and the diameter/cross section of the ring itself.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I kinda feel like i should just invest in a digital caliper and measure all my o rings , so when the day comes when they get lost or leaky, I can speed the reorder process.. It's really just inner diameter (I think, I'll have to check and the diameter/cross section of the ring itself.
There's an explanation on the measurements of O-rings on the same website. It's funny though, how many tools of my other hobby (R/C CP Helicopters) can be used for vaping stuff, including my caliper.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
THis particular o ring is one of the smallest I've seen used in vaping, smaller than a Protank 2 head o ring. The ID is about right, but the cross section is not.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unbelievable. Joyetech CS hasn't responded in over a week after telling them EXACTLY the piece that was lost based on a photo they sent. Sent a reminder email after two days of no response, and another today.

+1, bad design on the evic aio. O ring on the chimney is easily lost and makes for some nice flooding/gurgling when it's gone.
I've also been searching for replacements

VU Sponsors