Become a Patron!

Ex Smoker Turned Obsessed Vaper

Hello All!

My name is Dan, I live in Central Indiana. I've smoked since I was 11 and quit about two years ago ( a little over 17 years of smoking cowboy killers) Smoking just became expensive and after crunching some numbers I found vaping to be cheaper-well- as cheap as it can be before it turned into an all out hobby. I started on a vamo v3 with an aspire nautilus. It wasn't too long after that I wanted more and turned to sub ohm, rdas, coil builds and now finally DIY e juice. Currently I'm working on a couple clones of my three favorite flavors. Beard Co 32, Muffin Man and Cottontail Cream. I'm a big fan of the creamy sweet vapes. Right now I'm running a Smok TFV4 on an IPV 4s- I dig the smok for the coil options and usually carry that to work. At home I drip on a tesla 100W and either use the Hannya RDA or Mutation Xv4.

Other than that, any questions feel free to ask and am looking forward to communing with you all!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU. You will find the DIY topics interesting and filled with very talented mixers.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello All!

My name is Dan, I live in Central Indiana. I've smoked since I was 11 and quit about two years ago ( a little over 17 years of smoking cowboy killers) Smoking just became expensive and after crunching some numbers I found vaping to be cheaper-well- as cheap as it can be before it turned into an all out hobby. I started on a vamo v3 with an aspire nautilus. It wasn't too long after that I wanted more and turned to sub ohm, rdas, coil builds and now finally DIY e juice. Currently I'm working on a couple clones of my three favorite flavors. Beard Co 32, Muffin Man and Cottontail Cream. I'm a big fan of the creamy sweet vapes. Right now I'm running a Smok TFV4 on an IPV 4s- I dig the smok for the coil options and usually carry that to work. At home I drip on a tesla 100W and either use the Hannya RDA or Mutation Xv4.

Other than that, any questions feel free to ask and am looking forward to communing with you all!
gotta say I've always been pretty obssesvie about vaping since I started.......I think there maybe a realtionship between obsessive beahvior and smoking....from what I've read there are alkloids in tobacco that are naturally occuring anti depressants...damn you....you just gave me one more thing to think about....anyway cheers.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Dan, welcome! I'm a newbie too. Same story as yours although I didn't start smoking until way later. Age 16. Crazy how a thing like buying a vapor would turn into a hobby. I started with a Kanger mini and started with the RDA. Now I have a velocity and a crown for work. The dripper is spoiling me though. I don't care as much for the tanks anymore. Played around and bought a aromamizer rta. It has a velocity style deck, but still........not the same big cloud and massive flavor as the velocity. I'm waiting on my flavors and nic. Ordered right after Christmas, going to dig into making my own juice as well. Got some great advice here, ecspecially on WHERE to buy. Good luck and have fun chasing that perfect vape! Happy New Year!

gotta say I've always been pretty obssesvie about vaping since I started.......I think there maybe a realtionship between obsessive beahvior and smoking....from what I've read there are alkloids in tobacco that are naturally occuring anti depressants...damn you....you just gave me one more thing to think about....anyway cheers.

lol although I'll take the suggestion of my dad-he advised that he'd rather see me be obsessed with a hobby that's enjoyable than buying things that will kill me. :)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
lol although I'll take the suggestion of my dad-he advised that he'd rather see me be obsessed with a hobby that's enjoyable than buying things that will kill me. :)
Dad sounds like a wise man.

Welcome to the VU

VU Sponsors