Become a Patron!

Exclusive First Details on Star Wars: Crimson Reign - A New Comic Series Focused on Solo's Qi'ra

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
IGN can exclusively reveal a brand-new Star Wars comic series - Star Wars: Crimson Reign - that is set to continue the story that began with War of the Bounty Hunters and will “reshape the history of the Star Wars Galaxy during the Age of Rebellion.”

This limited series will debut in November 2021 and will consist of five issues, all of which will be written by Charles Soule, a veteran Star Wars author who has not only worked on a ton of Star Wars comics, but is one of the key writers for The High Republic. His book, Light of the Jedi, is the novel that kicked off this new initiative that takes place about 200 years before The Phantom Menace.

Speaking to IGN, Soule hinted at what fans can expect from Crimson Reign, a story that will focus on the Crimson Dawn and Qi’ra, who fans may recognize as Emilia Clarke’s character from Solo: A Star Wars Story.

"I planned to tell the story we're seeing in War of the Bounty Hunters from the very first pitches I wrote when I knew I'd be taking over the Star Wars title for Marvel,” Soule said. “But it was really when I knew I had a secret weapon to deploy storywise that the seeds of Crimson Reign began to take root in my mind: Qi'ra, former paramour of Han Solo and current leader of the infamous Crimson Dawn crime syndicate, as portrayed by Emilia Clarke in Solo: A Star Wars Story film.

“While Qi'ra plays a huge part in War of the Bounty Hunters, that event is really a Boba Fett story. I have a bigger story I'm going to tell with Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn, and it's all connected to the reasons she kicked things off in War of the Bounty Hunters in the first place. You'll learn more about that in the closing pages of War of the Bounty Hunters #5, out in October, and I think fans have no idea how exciting and new this story will feel.”

Soule has wanted to explore the time between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi since he first started writing Star Wars, and believes this story is one many fans will enjoy.

“From the moment I took the gig writing Star Wars, I wanted to do new things in the Star Wars timeline between Episodes V and VI, using new characters from all eras of the galaxy far, far away,” Soule said. “Crimson Reign, which continues what I plan as a trilogy that began with War of the Bounty Hunters, is a great example of how I like to write Star Wars stories. Everything and everyone is fair game, and I think people are really going to enjoy it. Await the Reign."

Star Wars: Crimson Reign’s art is done by Steve Cummings, who will also be doing a Variant cover for the first issue. The main cover is from Leinil Francis Yu, and a Connecting Variant Cover comes from Ario Anindito.

For more Star Wars, be sure to check out which major movie character Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters revealed the fate of in its pages and the latest trailer for Star Wars: Visions.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors