Become a Patron!

Experimentation To Escalate E-Cigarette Consumption

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kirsty Nolan, Senior Analyst for Canadean, explained: “With e-cigarettes being a less regulated category and seen as a healthier alternative to traditional tobacco, it becomes a promising category to explore should companies wish to tap further into the ’fun’ trend.

They should have emphasized vaping can help many stop smoking, not FUN being the topic.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If more e-cig consumption means less smoking (and it seems to me that it generally does) then I cannot see how it could be construed as bad.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's the wording "Fun" and such words is off the message! The industry hangs in the balance and in some countries as been banned all together. The benefits of vaping over smoking should be highlighted.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's the wording "Fun" and such words is off the message! The industry hangs in the balance and in some countries as been banned all together. The benefits of vaping over smoking should be highlighted.
So you're saying that we should submit to their Puritanism, their haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be enjoying themselves and having fun?

I will not.

Vaping is fun. It makes me happy, and people have the right to pursue their happiness.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So you're saying that we should submit to their Puritanism, their haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be enjoying themselves and having fun?

I will not.

Vaping is fun. It makes me happy, and people have the right to pursue their happiness.
I don't disagree with you. However like l said the industry hang in the balance. The messages that are put farward are those that people believe. I personally don't vape for fun. I can think of many other reason why l do it, such as it as helped me and may others to quit smoking. I would much prefer they concentrate on that message and the benefits of vaping over smoking whilst trying to win the hearts and minds of governments, policy makers, general public etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't disagree with you. However like l said the industry hang in the balance. The messages that are put farward are those that people believe. I personally don't vape for fun. I can think of many other reason why l do it, such as it as helped me and may others to quit smoking. I would much prefer they concentrate on that message and the benefits of vaping over smoking whilst trying to win the hearts and minds of governments, policy makers, general public etc.
Should we also pretend that sex isn't fun and that we only do it for in order to procreate? ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Fun and flavor experimentation are key elements driving tobacco innovation, paving the way for the electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) market to grow, according to consumer insight firm Canadean.

The company’s latest report states that 55% of smokers worldwide smoke because tobacco makes them feel good and they enjoy it. Canadean believes that consumers’ desire for self-indulgence and enjoyment can be targeted by e-cigarette manufacturers, as an emphasis on fun will help attract sensation-seekers. As a result, e-cigarettes will become an important category for formulating and positioning around pleasure, as they are easier to flavor than traditional cigarettes, and their versatility also encourages experimentation

To me this has "marketing nicotine to teenagers" written all over it.

VU Sponsors