Become a Patron!

Fa Custard Help

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off I just want to give props to all the mix masters on here. So many great recipes! I prominently use FA and TPA. I purchased a large (120 ml bottle of FA Custard) and have never really nailed a recipe with it. My best attempt was Caramel @ 1% ,Cookie .5%, Custard 2-3%. Its ok but It dosent really do it for me. Love creamy vapes and have all the Fa Creams.

I saw this on e-liquidrecipes.com. After searching threw 13 pages this looked good and will be mixing some up tonight. The Hatter clone by Juicenut. Will report back on my findings/observations.

Caramel (FA)
2%
Catalan Cream (FA)
4%
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
4%
Custard (FA)
4%
Vienna Cream (FA)
2%

If any one else has ANY ideas / recipies please advise. At this point I am desperate for a good custard! I realise Fa custard has a lemon'ie taste and am a ok with that,,, In fact kinda prefer that form of custard in my food. Thanks

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@HeadInClouds should be along shortly to help you with fa flavorings but I really like
2% custard
2% lemon Sicily
.75% meringue
Comes out really creamy with a strong lemon flavor.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
umm sounds good. I know I said I have a lot of FA flavourings but lemon Sicily is not one off them lol. And I just received two orders of flavourings. Go figure,, it would be nice with the lemon aspect of the Fa custard thoe. Noted,,, next order Fa lemon Sicily thanks!

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
umm sounds good. I know I said I have a lot of FA flavourings but lemon Sicily is not one off them lol. And I just received two orders of flavourings. Go figure,, it would be nice with the lemon aspect of the Fa custard thoe. Noted,,, next order Fa lemon Sicily thanks!
You could try adding different fruits to it instead of lemon Sicily and see how it taste for you. Just make sure you let us know what you come up with!

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like it at 2% with cookie at 1-1.5% and maybe .5% fresh cream and 1% meringue for proper sweetness.
Mixing it with tfa banana cream is also pretty good but i find fa overpowers tfa on most flavors so i use like 4 or 5% banana cream to 1 or 2% custard maybe a pinch of tfa brown sugar as i like how it sweetens the banana cream over my fa sweeteners...
I been getting into caps a lot lately though those flavors i use at like 10% almost haha gotta buy bigger bottles.
Im a noob at diy though but i have a ton of bottles ill just throw flavors into and adjust on almost every batch. Most of the time im following recipes from the mix masters here but those are the few ive conjured on my own lol.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could try adding different fruits to it instead of lemon Sicily and see how it taste for you.

I considered that,,, not sure why but was thinking TPA Key lime or TPA pear,,,I have to many strawberry ,bilberry, blueberry, and watermelon vapes already : )

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like it at 2% with cookie at 1-1.5% and maybe .5% fresh cream and 1% meringue for proper sweetness.

Sounds good similar to the first recipie I almost liked.. maby it just need a fresh twist. ie just a little more cookie and a little less Custard. Ditch the Caramel and try brown sugar. Genius thanks. Oh ya add the meringue and maby another vanilla. humm,,, Looks like I have two new recipes to try...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Caps vanilla v1 is my top vanilla right now.... i think you just destroyed my mind... i will drop meringue to .5 and custard to .5 and add like 7 or 8% caps vanilla lol....

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so this is what I came up with. Both are mixed max VG at 1mg Nic. Thanks to every one who contributed.
Nothing steeped (yet) just shake & vape...Ps not fond of high flavourings ie over 10 % . I like it nice and subtle.

The custard still shines through even @ 2%. Still a large lemon after-taste / exhale. But it is very smooth/ toned down from the straight Fa Custard (lemon). Definitely sweet, and a hint of Vanilla / cream. Not quite a ADV right off the bat. But I have a feeling in a couple off days It should improve considerably. Really like the brown sugar's sweetness :cool:

Custard Mix
1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
0.5% Catalan Cream (FA)
1.75% Cookie (FA)
0.5% Cream Fresh (FA)
2% Custard (FA)
1% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
Flavor total: 6.75%

For this one I dropped the custard down and the Catalina cream from the original poster's. Ok wow I was not expecting this. Tiny hit of vanilla. It usualy takes some time for the vanilla flavours to come through. Its the Cheese cake! It rounds off the lemon perfectly! Caramel gives it the sweetness. Cheese Cake is the body and its a beautiful lemon / vanilla custard on the exhale / after-taste.

The hatter clone
2% Caramel (FA)
2% Catalan Cream (FA)
4% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
3% Custard (FA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)
Flavor total: 13%

So happy finally have a great Custard vape and my 120 ml bottle of Fa Custard was / is not a waste! :D Cant wait for these to to steep..Specifically the second one!

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good work... tomorrow is juice day for me... my mind is going crazy with ideas.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off I just want to give props to all the mix masters on here. So many great recipes! I prominently use FA and TPA. I purchased a large (120 ml bottle of FA Custard) and have never really nailed a recipe with it. My best attempt was Caramel @ 1% ,Cookie .5%, Custard 2-3%. Its ok but It dosent really do it for me. Love creamy vapes and have all the Fa Creams.

I saw this on e-liquidrecipes.com. After searching threw 13 pages this looked good and will be mixing some up tonight. The Hatter clone by Juicenut. Will report back on my findings/observations.

Caramel (FA)
2%
Catalan Cream (FA)
4%
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
4%
Custard (FA)
4%
Vienna Cream (FA)
2%

If any one else has ANY ideas / recipies please advise. At this point I am desperate for a good custard! I realise Fa custard has a lemon'ie taste and am a ok with that,,, In fact kinda prefer that form of custard in my food. Thanks
First of all, why would you buy a 120ml bottle of something before you know if you like it or not? Always buy 10ml samples first before you end up wasting money on something you don't like. I realize most of the people on here are obsessed with fa and that you might have went on there judgement call to find the best custard. I tried fa custard and ended up throwing it in the trash because of the lemon background and the dark color of the concentrate itself. Most people prefer cap custard, myself included. It works well in ANYTHING you mix with it. My cents

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear you. Hind site is 20/20. Had a bunch off recipes that called for fa custard that once I try ed them...they did not pan out. Used to only order my Concintrates once or twice a year ..whenever I bought 10 ml of a good flavor it was all gone well b4 my next order.

Might not have thrown it out..personally I like the lemon just not to strong! & it needs other flavours to tone it down such as graham crust.

Still haven't Tryed caps custard yet. But thanks for the suggestions look into it on my next order. Can't remember if it has subs in it or not.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget that custards need time to work its magic. Truly cap custards take 1-3 week. I've found that custard FA is a shorter wait time but after a week that lemon hint drops a touch at that point.

My general rule of fat thumb is cap custard I use when I want custard as the primary flavor. If I want something like strawberry + custard in the second position I grab custard FA. But that's just my preference.

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget that custards need time to work its magic. Truly cap custards take 1-3 week. I've found that custard FA is a shorter wait time but after a week that lemon hint drops a touch at that point.

I made 1- 50 ml bottles of each recipe already down to half a bottle on the "Hatter Clone" don't think its going to have time to steep! Make more tonight.

VU Sponsors