Become a Patron!

FA Emotions flavour range

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have any advice or recipes using the FA emotions range of flavours or the percentages to use as a stand alone?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have found FA's recommendation of 2-3% is a good starting point for all of them, and it's sure been worth the time to me vaping each standalone for a while to get to know them. They're all complex "fantasy" type flavors.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up 2% of edit: Eclipse (not Eureka) tonight, I'm giving it the night and tomorrow to steep a little bit before I dive into it. Taste vape was, I dunno, I want to say chocolatey? Yet somewhat floral. I couldn't put a finger on it, but it was good. Very good, and I'm excited to jump into it tomorrow night.

edit: I believe Eclipse is one of the flavors you're talking about - Monsoon, Eclipse and Aurora were all in my last ECX order.

Last edited:

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank for the advice hics and yes burley I just received my order from FA I included all of the E motions range with my order

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeh, at 2% - Eclipse I'm getting a light tobacco, maybe a smidge of cocoa, maybe a little hint of mint - but floral notes all over the place. (edited to add: ginger, maybe, instead of that 'mint'? I have no idea, I've been tooting on a tank of it all day and am having a tough time pinning down the flavors)

I'll give this flavor 15mls, a decent benefit of the doubt, but I'm not super impressed yet. Maybe it'll mix into something good. Personal opinions and all. And I've still got Aurora and Monsoon to go.

Last edited:

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm obviously way behind the curve here. I've looked for this "FA emotions range of flavors" and haven't had any luck finding it. Who carries it?

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although creative, I don't find the flowery esoteric flavor descriptions by FA helpful at all. :(
Yeah it can be tough. That's why I like sometimes try someone else's recipie and go from there. Things like ylang ylang, zen garden and so on are just odd flavors...but when you hit it you can't quit it and fall in love with the odd flavor profile.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just having my first taste of monsoon. Tastes like a complex raspberry wine gums (UK sweet from rowntrees) mixed with a very sweet vanilla. There is a lot more going on that is very subtle in the background far too complex for my tastebuds on first taste. I like it

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well blasted through the 10ml of monsoon and highly recommend. Just starting aurora today, not as excited on first vape, another deep one though. A really light creamy lime which has the slightest fresh fizzy hint. Really strange subtle undertones, tobacco? fig? flowers? This seems to have no main flavour to me, is creamy and definately a very light lime but the rest of it is all blended together so well its a unique everything and nothing flavour. Its so far "ok" unlike the monsoon "wow" of yesterday though

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok now im getting lime, kiwi, and light dash of what tastes like a cross between obaoba and coconut. Tastes to me like a premade mix I would get from flavour art uk or something. As a standalone its ok but not exciting like monsoon was to me. I love monsoon, love glory too on there own. Aurora for me I can see being interesting as a different additive in key lime pie and cheesecake recipes for example but in its own right Im not excited by this one. Found the same thing with joy, but I love that in anything cakey or bakery, hopefully aurora can be like that in its own way.

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Willbo what percentages are you using or Are you using hics suggested percentages? I haven't had time yet to mix my emotions flavours up yet

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I usually mix new flavours up @ 5% but from reading the suggestions went for 4%. I found that dead right for me with the monsoon and the aurora still a tiny bit mild would prob do 5%…..but…..I have always liked strong flavouring. Im one of those has 1.5 teaspoons of coffee so depends what you like really, I would say 3% you cant go wrong. They are both certainly milder than glory/joy for example anyway.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2% each, and I've got a good couple bottles here that I'll be looking to give away or toss. Sorry folks, the e-motions line just isn't my cup of tea.

I get the appeal of the flavors, and the idea behind them. I do. I understand why and how people could like them. They're just not for me. Monsoon tastes like straight out-n-out lavendar bathroom spray to me. I gave them all fair shots, but I just don't dig them- no sir-ee.

edit, so as not to be totally negative - I did get a bottle of Mellow Sunset, and it's fantastic. Mixed with some vanilla and a pinch of FA Cookie, it's amazing. High-note peppery tells in there the same as Perique and Burley, without the harsh overtones - all flavors I've been a long-time admirer of, and there's a jumble of stuff in there to make it all-new to me. Delightful.

Another quickie for FA Mellow Sunset - 4% FA Mellow Sunset, 2% FA Vanilla Tahiti, 2% FA Oakwood, 2% TFA Red Oak Tobacco.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors