FA Oba Oba

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have 60 mls. of Oba Oba and didn't have a clue what to do with it. I searched and couldn't find anything. I was probably doing something wrong but the search feature didn't even seem to recognize the flavor. So I tried:

FA Forrest Fruit 3%
FA Oba Oba 1%

I am no good at all at picking out an describing flavor notes but for a fresh mix this is THE smoothest fruit mix I have ever tasted. I only made a small batch and am going to try to leave it sit for a couple of days and check again. For more talented mixers this lil flavor should have some great possibilities.

EDIT: Oh the perils of mixing! I mixed this up a little while before submitting this. A little while later I tasted it again and it seemed the fruitiness had died. I thought maybe it was a little too much Oba Oba, so I had a bottle of mixed Forrest Fruit and I squirted in enough to cut the Oba Oba to .5%. Then I realized that a few minutes before I had taken a dose of cherry flavored Tussin. What a dumbass. Why do I always get in such a hurry? Shit, I think I'll just go to the bar and have 9 or 8. If anybody tries this, let me know what you think, please.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck! This sounds like a nice combination. I know what you mean about how what one's been eating/drinking can change sensitivity to vape flavors--like you describe with the cough syrup. I find Forest Fruit at anything over 2% a little much, even a little weird. You may not have the same experience, but it is possible to taste FF at very low percentages, so you might also want to try something like 1.5-2% FF with 1% Oba-Oba or even less.

Seems to me like oba oba makes fruits more candy-like. It has different effects, though, in different situations and I am not especially experienced with it--I've used it a handful of times. I suggest looking up HeadInClouds' notes on both flavors if you haven't already. Those notes are here and/or on mamajsflavorshop.com.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oba oba has turned out to be one of my favorite wacky mixing partners. For me I sometimes treat it like marshmallow...I find it sweet and malty. I like what it does after 4 days of steeping.

HIC posted his malted strawberry mix here. That is a winner. You can really see what obaoba is doing there in that mix.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oba oba has turned out to be one of my favorite wacky mixing partners. For me I sometimes treat it like marshmallow...I find it sweet and malty. I like what it does after 4 days of steeping.

HIC posted his malted strawberry mix here. That is a winner. You can really see what obaoba is doing there in that mix.

OH yeah! I couldn't agree more. oba-oba is critical to that recipe--Creamy Strawberry Malt is a beautiful use, a gorgeous balance of flavors and a great example of HIC's outrageously bad-ass mixing talent.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another mix that totally blew my skirt up was Rocket Puppy's Caramel Apple. (Available here on VU).

It doesn't have oba-oba, but it's one of those rare recipes which, with relatively little flavoring, manages to pack a gigantic flavor whallop and at the same time a lovely delicacy. :)

Last edited:

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can't name any at the moment but I have seen several tobacco recipes with Oba Oba.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Forest fruit fades a lot after steeped, I dont think it was oba oba fault. Cheers
Where would be the appropriate place to start a thread asking people to list FA flavors that they think tend to fade?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where would be the appropriate place to start a thread asking people to list FA flavors that they think tend to fade?
Over in the DIY E-Liquid General Discussion forum would get the most hits.

VU Sponsors