Become a Patron!

Fantastic Four: Bryce Dallas Howard Says Reports of Her in the MCU are 'Total Rumors'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Bryce Dallas Howard has called reports she’s set to star in a reboot of the Fantastic Four for Marvel Studios as “total rumors.”

During a press event for Jurrasic Park Dominion, a fan gave a surprised Howard a Funko Pop of Susan Storm aka the Invisible Woman for her to sign.

The interaction was caught on camera and uploaded onto TikTok. In the video, she denies it and laughs saying, “I mean, I know [this doesn't] involve me or anything. I swear to God, I swear to God. Yeah, yeah, for real. Total rumors. Total rumors.” Howard goes on to sign the Funko “just for fun.”

Howard isn't the first person to deny being cast in the role. Last May, Emily Blunt shot down rumors she'd been cast as Susan Storm on The Howard Stern Show on SirusXM.

The new Fantastic Four movie was announced at the end of 2020. Since then, not much has come out about the movie other than director Jon Watts stepping away from the film. He cited he needed “a break from the superhero realm."

Other than that, Grant Curtis and Nick Pepin, two of the producers of the Disney Plus show Moon Knight, were revealed to have moved on to Fantastic Four. The film is currently in the early stages of development.

With that news, we can only hope to soon get some concrete casting news regarding the Fantastic Four.

Susan Storm, or the Invisible Woman, is a member of the Fantastic Four and wife of Mr. Fantastic and brother to Johnny to the Human Torch. She has the ability to, well, turn invisible but also generate force fields and shields.

Emily Blunt is a popular fan casting for the role, especially since her real-life husband John Krasinski is also a popular choice to play Mr. Fantastic in any potential MCU movie.

If you’re itching for more Marvel content, be sure to check out our breakdown of what’s all to come for the MCU in 2022 in film, television, comics, and beyond.

Casey is a freelance writer for IGN. You can usually find him talking about JRPGs on Twitter at @caseydavidmt.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors