Become a Patron!

fatdaddyvapes vs varitube 510 connectors?

Rivas

Member For 4 Years
14mm/22mm/28.5mm- 30mm/Smooth....... fatdaddyvapes or varitube.

what is pros and cons of both and does any has incompatibilities?
does one brand has a con that the other hasn't?
does a 14mm or 28.5mm-30mm incompatible with some tanks?

I am literally tripping!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They are both quality 510's....I dont personally know of anything one has better than the other ,really.

Both the best in the business.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both are quality 510's. FatDaddy is always developing new parts for the crowd, Varitube is standing still, but both work excellent.

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like the varitube. The length of the threaded part isn't uber long, so it's easier to fit in a box. I also really like the design if the positive pin. The spring doesn't carry any current. It's super easy to get a wire soldered to it. You take your wire, slip over little cap, slip over the spring, then there's a top hat thing. The top is what makes contact with the 510 center. Just tin up the wire a little, solder it into the top hat, slide over a delrin threaded sleeve, tighten down the cap onto the sleeve with the spring between the top hat and the cap and voila. There's very little risk of it shorting. Plus it costs a little
Less.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The fatdaddy connectors have many more options and the threading used to secure the connector is course on the fatdaddy while the varitube uses fine threads. Because the nut is brass and pretty thin, I prefer the course threads on the fatdaddy. They're both great connectors and which one you choose is more about preference than performance.

Rivas

Member For 4 Years
then do the different diameters/characters create incompatibilities?
14mm/22mm/28.5mm/30mm/Smooth Top?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really. Those measurements refer to the width of the landing pad where the atomizer sits down on. I prefer the 22mm versions because I only use 22mm atomizers and then the atomizers and connector top end up being the same width. Gives a more flush look.

Rivas

Member For 4 Years
Not really. Those measurements refer to the width of the landing pad where the atomizer sits down on. I prefer the 22mm versions because I only use 22mm atomizers and then the atomizers and connector top end up being the same width. Gives a more flush look.
will a 28.5mm diameter atomizers screw easily on any of these sizes? or there are incompatibilities?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As long as the connector's landing pad slightly protrudes above the surface of the enclosure, any atomizer with a 510 connector will screw into any version of the fatdaddy or varitube 510 connectors.

VU Sponsors