Become a Patron!

Favorite recipes!

First time I've posted here. I've been following this forum for quite some time and appreciate all the good advise I've gotten from you all. I'm sure this has been done before but I haven't seen it. I'm thinking it would be cool to post your favorite recipes of all time, either your own or an honorable mention of someone else's (HIC FOR SURE).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES, RP's RY4 is the BOMB!! I can't even touch the list of HIC's recipes that'll rock your world - Lemon Meringue Pie, Swiss Bliss, his Kringle's Curse clone....wow....and look up Jason's White Coconut Cake, it's indescribably delicious! The recipe thread is chock FULL of goodies!

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I ALWAYS have Rocket Puppy's RY4 & Jason's White Coconut cake on hand - and vape both every single day. I just mixed up more of both today. Huckleberried's Golden Oreo is fabulous too! Just made HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie for the first time today...Incredible!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far my favorites of HIC s are lemon cardamom custard with the added bilberry and coconut, coconut mendis brandy, strawberry mocha frappuccino. I love NF ginger! Wllmcs Cherry pie is delish! I love spices! 2nd in commands soul patch 4x4 is grand, but I cut recipe in half. I really enjoyed CADDISFLYs Beach Balls and Crampmolothews white cake...but I sub out that caps custard with Vienna cream and vanilla classic...just don't like caps custard. Really enjoy Hics Irish lass. RPs ry 4. I gotta comb through recipes and try more.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like HIC's Lemon Cardamom Custard with the coconut option too. I love it. Also really digging MamaJ's Christmas Cookies and Cinnamon Vanilla Irish Creme, after a good steep.

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Where is this Lemon Cardamom Custard? Search engine failed me

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My current favorite thing to vape and first cereal vape ever:

@Botboy141's Fruity Pebbles

2% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Mandarin (FA)
1% Lime Cold Press (FA)
1.5% Black Cherry (FA)
1% Strawberry (FA)
0.5% Bilberry (FA)
0.5% Raspberry (FA)
1.5% Meringue (FA)
1% Vienna Cream (FA)
0.5% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA) [I used a full percent: .33% AP and .66% FA Cookie]
2d per 10ml Sweetener (TFA) [I skipped this and it is plenty sweet for me]
1d per 10ml Tart and Sour (TFA)

The citrus is strong at first but calms down after a heat steep or a few days of sitting quietly.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years

2% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Mandarin (FA)
1% Lime Cold Press (FA)
1.5% Black Cherry (FA)
1% Strawberry (FA)
0.5% Bilberry (FA)
0.5% Raspberry (FA)
1.5% Meringue (FA)
1% Vienna Cream (FA)

The citrus is strong at first but calms down after a heat steep or a few days of sitting quietly.
Damnit Jim...no tart and sour on hand

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damnit Jim...no tart and sour on hand
I made my second 10ml batch forgetting the sour and it was still good. Definitely missing a little pop, though. Maybe you could add a teensy bit extra fa raspberry to get a similar tart effect? I'm not at all sure this would work, but it's something I would try.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I have to agree, the caramel coconut coffee is pretty amazing. I like to add a dash of marzipan. Heck, I like all of. HICs coffee recipes!

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I made my second 10ml batch forgetting the sour and it was still good. Definitely missing a little pop, though. Maybe you could add a teensy bit extra fa raspberry to get a similar tart effect? I'm not at all sure this would work, but it's something I would try.
I'm going to wait until I place my next order before I attempt this one. I like to try the original version first before I start tinkering. It does sound tasty though.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I'm really curious to see how AP works in a cereal recipe. Guessing it adds sweetness and a slight nutty undertone? I never would had thought of adding that one. Also wondering how .5% compares to 1%. Any thoughts on this?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really curious to see how AP works in a cereal recipe. Guessing it adds sweetness and a slight nutty undertone? I never would had thought of adding that one. Also wondering how .5% compares to 1%. Any thoughts on this?

Yes, it's sweeter, I think. And I guess you could call it "nutty". I wouldn't have said that about it in this cereal recipe--but maybe only because of the way I'm thinking about what I'm tasting. I would say it adds "cereal", here. Grainy, corny--the crunchy part.

It always amazes me how much my preconceptions affect what I taste. I'm still new to messing around with AP on my own, outside of somebody else's recipe, but it seems to be very variable in different contexts. Think of all the biscuit and bun type flavors containing AP--how different they can be from one another. Or what AP does with chocolate as opposed to fruit flavors.

I bet half a percentage point makes a big difference here, but I went straight to 1% on both batches because I can't get enough "cookie cereal" type flavor lately.. so hopefully someone else will comment on its subtle interactions with fruit.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Yes, it's sweeter, I think. And I guess you could call it "nutty". I wouldn't have said that about it in this cereal recipe--but maybe only because of the way I'm thinking about what I'm tasting. I would say it adds "cereal", here. Grainy, corny--the crunchy part.

It always amazes me how much my preconceptions affect what I taste. I'm still new to messing around with AP on my own, outside of somebody else's recipe, but it seems to be very variable in different contexts. Think of all the biscuit and bun type flavors containing AP--how different they can be from one another. Or what AP does with chocolate as opposed to fruit flavors.

I bet half a percentage point makes a big difference here, but I went straight to 1% on both batches because I can't get enough "cookie cereal" type flavor lately.. so hopefully someone else will comment on its subtle interactions with fruit.
Still waiting on the tart and sour to arrive, but will post back after I've had a chance to play with it. I'm addicted to FA cookie so going .5% is going to be interesting

juice junkie lover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My favorite vape right now is strawberry yogurt.

Strawberry ripe tfa- 4%
Sweet strawberry cap - 4%
Sweet tart tfa- 3%
Yogurt fw - 6
Sweetener- 2%
Raspberry sweet tfa- 1%

This to me is delicious! Let me know what you think :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorite vape right now is strawberry yogurt.

Strawberry ripe tfa- 4%
Sweet strawberry cap - 4%
Sweet tart tfa- 3%
Yogurt fw - 6
Sweetener- 2%
Raspberry sweet tfa- 1%

This to me is delicious! Let me know what you think :)
I've been thinking about getting a plain yogurt flavor for a long time. Does the fw version have a tangyness on its own?

I have something called SweeTangy by tfa (or Signature, actually, which, as far as i know is rebranded tfa). SweeTangy is a peculiar flavor which I thought I'd love, but which for me sours things up in an almost over-powering way I'm not sure I like. The idea of putting it with a dairy flavor does not sound like my cup of tea, but I would definitely try these other flavors together--especially if the yogurt flavor really tastes like yogurt. What do you think--is Sweet Tart the same as SweeTangy?

juice junkie lover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@lirruping...i bought it at bullcity. Its supposed to be like the candy sweet tarts. It looks like to me it's the same thing. I just looked at ecigexpress. Fw yogurt taste different than fa. Personally I like using fw better but maybe that's bc i know there's diacetyl in fa. I think the sweet tart brings out the yogurt flavor for fw. I havent tried it in fa. Let me know what you think. I have honestly vaped about 150ml of this juice in the last month. Its been my adv. I made something similar to this and replaced the strawberry with bilberry 2% and blueberry extra 6%. It turned out really good as well. I wonder if I added a little bit of grape if it would help the blueberry to pop? Just an idea.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@lirruping...i bought it at bullcity. Its supposed to be like the candy sweet tarts. It looks like to me it's the same thing. I just looked at ecigexpress. Fw yogurt taste different than fa. Personally I like using fw better but maybe that's bc i know there's diacetyl in fa. I think the sweet tart brings out the yogurt flavor for fw. I havent tried it in fa. Let me know what you think. I have honestly vaped about 150ml of this juice in the last month. Its been my adv. I made something similar to this and replaced the strawberry with bilberry 2% and blueberry extra 6%. It turned out really good as well. I wonder if I added a little bit of grape if it would help the blueberry to pop? Just an idea.

I've never used a grape flavor from any maker, but it sounds like a decent idea, especially if the grape is a bit sour.
So, wow, that's a lot of vaping! I can't imagine going through that much of one flavor because my tongue goes sort of numb to anything after a day or two at most. I have to constantly rotate flavors. I really oughtta vape unflavored more often so my buds have a chance to regroup. Most of the time, thought, I'm too needy/greedy for flavors.

For me, the whole point of trying out a yogurt flavor (and,sadly, as far as I know, they all have diketones) would be to get that tangy thing yogurt has. If it doesn't have that, I figure I may as well use fa fresh cream or vienna cream--or maybe vanilla tahity, which is also surprisingly creamy- and try to tweak it with something tart.

BTW, I just opened up my bottle of Sweetangy, smelled it, and shuddered. I suddenly remembered that I vaped it while was ill several months ago--which is, I think, why I have a bit of an aversion to it.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

2% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Mandarin (FA)
1% Lime Cold Press (FA)
1.5% Black Cherry (FA)
1% Strawberry (FA)
0.5% Bilberry (FA)
0.5% Raspberry (FA)
1.5% Meringue (FA)
1% Vienna Cream (FA)

Looking for tart and sour tfa... I found tart and sour LA, but the only tfa flavors with the term "tart" according to the tpa site are Granny smith tart, and Sweet and Tart, and of course there's regular Sour (20% MA I think). ... got everything else for this lovely

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking for tart and sour tfa... I found tart and sour LA, but the only tfa flavors with the term "tart" according to the tpa site are Granny smith tart, and Sweet and Tart, and of course there's regular Sour (20% MA I think). ... got everything else for this lovely
I didn't have sour when I made it and once I subbed some fw lime flavor premixed with sour in it--just used it as the lime flavor instead of tahiti. I also tried using mad fruit, which sort of works too. I accidentally added a tiny bit too much AP to my last 30ml batch... my first bad experience with AP cause I've always been very careful. But just saying... don't do that! I need to "fix" it now--add some more nic base and a little of everything else.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine from Wizard Labs, 8ml for $1.49, and they were well stocked.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see sour but no tart and sour @ wizlabs or the TPA site... or evidence it even exists besides this ELR page. Sure it's not the Loranns's Tart and Sour, TPA Sour, or TPA Sweet and Tart? did I forget my crazy pills?

Last edited:

juice junkie lover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If your gonna make the yogurt recipe I posted above definitely lower the yogurt to about 3-4 %. After it steeped it was overwhelming at 6%. I used sweet tart tpa (like the candy). I have also found that if you add some Bavarian cream it makes it better. Another note is i personally like tpa greek yogurt better than fw yogurt.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So far my favorites of HIC s are lemon cardamom custard with the added bilberry and coconut, coconut mendis brandy, strawberry mocha frappuccino. I love NF ginger! Wllmcs Cherry pie is delish! I love spices! 2nd in commands soul patch 4x4 is grand, but I cut recipe in half. I really enjoyed CADDISFLYs Beach Balls and Crampmolothews white cake...but I sub out that caps custard with Vienna cream and vanilla classic...just don't like caps custard. Really enjoy Hics Irish lass. RPs ry 4. I gotta comb through recipes and try more.
Where's the cherry pie recipe? I can't find it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'll keep this going then...

2% FA Glory

That's my trusty ADV. Great flavour!

Dart417

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Dart417 is this the thread you're looking for?
Thank you, but I don't think this is it. Seems like it was title something like "what is your single best diy recipe or best adv...and GO!". Was more of the actual recipes and components not just discussion of flavor profiles. Seems like it was a lot longer thread also. If anyone can point me to it I would be in your debt. And thank you again huckelberried for taking time out to try to help me. Much appreciated

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you, but I don't think this is it. Seems like it was title something like "what is your single best diy recipe or best adv...and GO!". Was more of the actual recipes and components not just discussion of flavor profiles. Seems like it was a lot longer thread also. If anyone can point me to it I would be in your debt. And thank you again huckelberried for taking time out to try to help me. Much appreciated
Yeah that's familar to me, too. It might be in the DIY General discussion are. There's another in the ejuice section, but it's not a DIY one really.

VU Sponsors