Become a Patron!

FDA attempt at prohibiting menthol flavoring part of long campaign

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yet, advocates and public-health officials continued to argue that without menthol, many smokers would choose not to smoke a tobacco-flavored product and quit, a potential major public-health victory.
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I was a menthol smoker for about the first half of my "career". Then I quit for a few weeks using patches, but the urge to smoke was still quite powerful, and I decided if I was going to cheat, I'd only cheat with non-menthol cigs, which I generally despised the taste of. Needless to say, I became a non-menthol smoker in short order.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I started smoking with non menthol cigarettes but then about 3 years into my "career" switched to menthol.
The first time I tried a menthol cigarette it felt like I was smoking a vicks inhaler.
It was the opposite of smooth or child friendly.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm convinced that what someone likes when it comes to smoking of vaping is largely a matter of what they've become accustomed to.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I was a menthol smoker for about the first half of my "career". Then I quit for a few weeks using patches, but the urge to smoke was still quite powerful, and I decided if I was going to cheat, I'd only cheat with non-menthol cigs, which I generally despised the taste of. Needless to say, I became a non-menthol smoker in short order.

This ^^^

VU Sponsors