VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/01/31/ntr.ntw003.abstract

Results: Of the 105 patients approached, 80 (76%) agreed to participate; five of these were later excluded. Among the 75, 67 (87%) tried ENDS during the study period. At 30-day follow-up, 34 (51%) who had used ENDS planned to continue using them. Average cigarette consumption decreased from 15.6 per person/d to 7.6 over the study period (P < .001). At 30 days, 11/67 (17%) reported abstinence from cigarettes.

Conclusion: ENDS use is feasible in adult smokers scheduled for elective surgery and is associated with a reduction in perioperative cigarette consumption. These results support further exploration of ENDS as a means to help surgical patients reduce or eliminate their cigarette consumption around the time of surgery.

Score one for the good guys - 5150

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
DO it the clean air act in this state can get fucked.
If I were to have walked outside I would have been removed from the or rotation for emergency surgery and hospital grounds.
Choice was 12+ mg patch, the nicatrol inhaler at WAY high mg that I use, in a dry as fuck stale smelling hospital with nursing staff and other staff reeking of cigarettes.

Ninja closet and shitter vape it was.

If I could have vaped instead of dealing with nic withdraw the pain and caffeine withdrawal also I would have been a much happier patient.

VU Sponsors