Become a Patron!

Feds Raid Batavia, NY Vapor Shop for Allegedly Selling Fake Products

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
KLXX0EQ.jpg

http://www.v4p3r.com/feds-raid-batavia-ny-vapor-shop-for-allegedly-selling-fake-products/

The Batavian reports that A Plus Vapors on Ellicot Street in Batavia, NY has been raided by Homeland Security agents who had a warrant to search for counterfeit e-cig products.

The feds are investigating the alleged sale of e-cigarettes made in China but marketed under a competitive brand name.

Investigators left the scene with several boxes and bags of product from the store.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UPDATE 4:34 p.m.: After initially being told by a federal authority that details would be available later, we're now told the search warrant is still under a court-ordered seal and no more information will be released. We'll continue to try and find out what we can.

This indicates more raids to come. I think it's just been a matter of time before the feds went after counterfeits.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE 4:34 p.m.: After initially being told by a federal authority that details would be available later, we're now told the search warrant is still under a court-ordered seal and no more information will be released. We'll continue to try and find out what we can.

This indicates more raids to come. I think it's just been a matter of time before the feds went after counterfeits.

End of our beloved clones?? Nooooo!!

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Nah, it has nothing to do with clones. They're probably raiding this store because they're trying to pass off clones as authentic devices.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, it has nothing to do with clones. They're probably raiding this store because they're trying to pass off clones as authentic devices.

that sucks for them.. they should have known better..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

There's more to the situation than meets the eye. Homeland security does not raid businesses for clones or knock-offs with out a really compelling reason, other than selling clone gear. Think where the money from the store was being funneled.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Shouldn't they be tasked to do more important stuff?

I don't know, like look for Terrorist?

Or even rabid politicians?

Or baseball players taking steroids?

Or raiding Bingo Halls?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's more to the situation than meets the eye. Homeland security does not raid businesses for clones or knock-offs with out a really compelling reason, other than selling clone gear. Think where the money from the store was being funneled.

I don't know. I thought Homeland Security is made up of a modge podge of agencies that may assist in most anything. I could be wrong but I don't think they restrict themselves to terrorist investigations.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I agree that there's a high probability that this store was probably peddling other products. No sign out front, maybe not even a legit business, who knows. But...these kinds of raids do happen on a regular basis. Even street vendors who sell fake Rolexes get raided by the feds.

VU Sponsors