Become a Patron!

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Last year I called Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PlayStation 3 and Vita a great compilation that was worth fans’ time, and gave it a score of 9.3. Here’s what I said then:

“Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is outstanding. With enhanced art and music, tons of extra in-game content, cross-save compatibility, and bundling two huge games for the price of one, it’s a lot of bang for your buck.”

There didn’t seem to be much room for improvement, but an extra coat of paint convinced me that that the PS4 Remaster is the best way to (re)experience the world of Spira.

The first thing I noticed was the visual upgrade to NPCs and enemies. Blocky PlayStation 2-era textures still present in the PS3/Vita Remaster have been rounded out on the PS4 version, bringing them more in line with the heroes’ smooth contours. The next thing I noticed is the additional color and detail added to all of the character models, including the main characters: I could see the tiniest swirls on Wakka’s vibrantly blue headband in FFX, and I dug how bright Yuna's earring tassel is in FFX-2.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors