Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered 26,28 and 30ga first to show up is the 30 and now its all used up.:(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! I have not used 30 FT total Kanthal in over a year of use.

Helinut

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 17 coils only one is straight wrapped coil. Either twisted or braided most. I braided 3 pieces then braided them together. Or twisted two pieces 3 times then braided that lol I have one that's 4 pieces twisted then another that is two pieces twisted then two of those twisted.

Helinut

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm trying to get pictures of these coils. I get so much more flavor out of twisted or braided coils. I really like Clapton and stove top too.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to get pictures of these coils. I get so much more flavor out of twisted or braided coils. I really like Clapton and stove top too.
Yeah when I first started building it was basic Kanthal builds, then moved on to twisted. Wondered what all this hype was about with Claptons, so got some premade Clapton wire, wow. Then got some fused Clapton premade by mistake and it was like DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't find any premade smaller than 28x2/32 and wanted to try in my SquapeRs. So I stumbled across Grimm Green's vid on how to make fused Claptons with a fishing spinner. Major game changer for me, it really is damn easy. So I'm now knocking out with ease 32x2/36 fused Claptons and using in my Squape D deck at 1.1 ohm. The Vape is awesome to say the least. Plus using 30x2/34 fused Claptons in my builds for my Noisy Crickets for a .8 ohm build is awesome.

I pretty much stick with Kanthal and 317L, 316L and a little 304 SS these days. But been testing Nickel free 430 SS now, jury still out with that.

Check out his vid, I'll only add is to use some Veg oil on the ball bearing fishing spinner. You'll thank me, this allows the spinner to spin much smoother which really is critical when making small gauge FC wire like I've been doing.

VU Sponsors