nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have two 30mm RDAs, but this Aromamizer Plus that's on the way now will be my first big RTA.

How do you folks, who have them already, build them? The one I have coming has a postless deck.

I never use Kanthal, but beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When i try running my norm 50/50 juice mine like to leak.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here’s a general guideline for leg lengths.

3mm I.D 5mm

4mm I.D 4.5mm

Cut the wick ends using the bottom of the deck for reference, gently fluff & rest the wick ends in. Don’t stuff the juice wells. Then turn the deck upside down & check to see that none of the wick pokes out.

Hope this helps.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks everybody! I knew there would be some quirks to it, so I'm glad I asked and you responded!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I built the Plus with a single, 0.41 ohm framed staple clapton at 3.5mm, wicked it on the heavy side and trimmed the cotton even with the underside of the deck. Vapes great and hasn't leaked a drop. Juice is about 25/75 (pg/vg) - a mixture of Naked Green Lemon (30/70) and Deb's Custard (max VG).

It's a monster, though, and goes through juice at an alarming rate! I've been vaping it at between 50 and 60 watts on my LV Grus. Turned out it wasn't a good match for the Atocha, I prefer the Doc RDA on that so I'm leaving it alone. Ohms are just too high on the coil I made for the Plus.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm so shocked, never thought I'd like the big tanks, but this one is the best of them yet, imo. I have quite a few other Aromamizers, but I like the Plus the best of any of them.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm so shocked, never thought I'd like the big tanks, but this one is the best of them yet, imo. I have quite a few other Aromamizers, but I like the Plus the best of any of them.
Oh that's awesome to hear. yep the plus v2 is my goto The Ragnar I do like a little better to be honest but because of it being a 35mm I tend to grab the Plus more often. But if you ever really want to branch out, grab yourself the Ragnar. Now that is an amazing flavor RTA. Trying not to be biased here for obvious reasons, but yep. For long nights gaming or whatever I use my Ragnar. If you got the Plus with the chamber reducers, do give those a try as it really boosts the flavor. and if you didn't get the reducers, shoot me a pm I think I have an extra or two.

VU Sponsors