Become a Patron!

First Mech Mod Questions!

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just got a Pegasus clone and a Plume Veil clone. I also bought two sony VTC4s. Are these batteries good/safe for subohming, as well as being compatible with my i4 charger? I read things online and it seems there's never any consistent answer on certain things. Also, what would you guys recommend as far as an easy first build with 24-26 gauge kanthal? If there are any links for understanding battery safety and all that, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks again.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're asking very good questions.
I believe your batteries are just fine for subbing.
I use the vtc5 but they are not really much different than the vtc4 and other folks will tell you they are fine.
If I was you I would start with the 26g wire. Wait till you get a better feel for things before you go to the thicker wire.
I wouldn't try subs yet if I were you. Keep it above an ohm at least until you get a good feel for this new step in vaping that you are taking. You don't have to rush into anything.
Have fun be safe good luck
Sorry, that's all I have for now.

You're asking very good questions.
I believe your batteries are just fine for subbing.
I use the vtc5 but they are not really much different than the vtc4 and other folks will tell you they are fine.
If I was you I would start with the 26g wire. Wait till you get a better feel for things before you go to the thicker wire.
I wouldn't try subs yet if I were you. Keep it above an ohm at least until you get a good feel for this new step in vaping that you are taking. You don't have to rush into anything.
Have fun be safe good luck
Sorry, that's all I have for now.

That helps. Thanks for the insight. It just seems difficult finding builds that are above one ohm and still provide good vapor production and flavor. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, so all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I made sure I did. My number one concern has been safety, so I've tried to get what I could to learn in the best way possible.
Good deal!
what I did was just jumped in and started twisting coils. Checking them and going from there.
I learn from hands on rather than videos or instructions.
Get a 1/16 drill bit or something along those lines and start twisting.
Remember your resistance is cut in half when doing duels. I stay away from anything lower than 0.5 ohms but that's just a personal preference.
Maybe twist a few check the ohms get the hang of it and then start building on that atty.
Just keep the safety aspect in mind like you have been doing and I think you'll get the hang of it pretty quick

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, depending on what you've been using, building around 1 ohm on a dripper will probably be a big jump in flavor. When I built my first dripper at 1.2 ohms it blew me away (it was actually way too intense for me). Now I drip around .5 and can't get enough of it.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also don't forget to keep an eye on your battery lvls with a mech mod,you don't want to ruin a battery bye over discharging them. after a while you will get a feel for when your battery lvl has dropped.
i got this and it is one of the best gadgets to own with a mech mod
http://www.marblevalleyvapors.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=168
thumbs-up-300x199.jpg
:)

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hah, I had a lil spider run across my screen the other day, I thought it was fake at first and the realized it wasn't. What a jerk!

VU Sponsors