Become a Patron!

First RDTA ?

sto0ka

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay , i think my next move is building my own coils.

So which tank to choose ?

I'm thinking about Ijoy Limitless XL tank.

I'm more flavour type guy , clouds are not important at all (less clouds , better)

My mod is Innokin Coolfire IV TC 100

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i would start with the limitless plus. its a little simple with only a velocity deck. if you want all the deck options try the limitless combo or limitless classic

i love my plus, it broke cuz Im stupid and imwaiting for its replacement to come in now. its dirt simple to use. getting the wicking just right t o prevent leaks and still give good flavor tookme several tries but I love it.

my other fav is the griffin 22, rta which is dirt simple and easy to wick correclty

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While it is a golden oldie it is still a goody

The Kanger Subtank Mini

http://www.vaporbeast.com/subtank-mini-colored.html

Comes with an RBA deck that while tiny is easy to build.

Vaping on one of them as I write this.

When I travel, it is my favorite as I carry extra RBA deck's with coil and wick already installed and ready to swap out if need be.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm more flavour type guy , clouds are not important at all (less clouds , better)

That is a good choice...

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would start with the limitless plus. its a little simple with only a velocity deck. if you want all the deck options try the limitless combo or limitless classic
+1^
I have the XL and for me, any of the above three would be better.
They produced better flavor and don't have the dumb ass bottom design.
Just my opinion though.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you're a flavor guy I highly recommend the Kayfun V5, very easy to build on so an excellent first RTA and the flavor is about the best you can get. The Limitless Plus, not bad for an RTDA but it's certainly not a flavor tank, it's more for clouds. Only way I could get any sort of acceptable flavor from it is to put a huge coil in and shut my airflow in 1/2. It's just way too airy for flavor. Anyway The Kayfun V5 Authentic is over $150, but SXK makes an outstanding Clone, build quality is so good you really can't tell the difference between it and the Authentic. I got mine for $24 from 3FVape, another outstanding Clone is the SJMY. The Tobecco is "fair", but I'd stick with the SXK or SJMY.

Another RTA that strikes an excellent balance between Clouds and flavor is the Boreas, it's a wonderful Tank. Also easy to build on and great build quality.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only way I could get any sort of acceptable flavor from it is to put a huge coil in and shut my airflow in 1/2.
While I still stand behind my vote for the Limitless Plus, this comment ^ IS true.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I still stand behind my vote for the Limitless Plus, this comment ^ IS true.
Yep it's not a flavor RTDA at all, it's designed to blow clouds not flavor. For flavor I'm much more pleased with the VGod Trick Tank Pro, that has 10x the flavor as the Limitless Plus.

The OP though states -

So to be honest the Limitless Plus really isn't a good recommendation, thus why I recommended the Kayfun V5. The Kayfun V5 is a flavor chaser ;)

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For flavor I'm much more pleased with the VGod Trick Tank Pro
I see, another $60 RTDA.
I'm curious, in your opinion, what makes this produce better flavor?
If we're looking at $60 RDTAs, how does it compare to the Modfather?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see, another $60 RTDA.
I'm curious, in your opinion, what makes this produce better flavor?
If we're looking at $60 RDTAs, how does it compare to the Modfather?
For an RDTA Genni style the Trick Tank Pro is best I've tried, due primarily to the bottom air and it's not so airy.

The Modfather, different animal. The flavor is stellar with the short kit IMO, better than the Boreas (and the Trick Tank Pro for that matter) IMO. I also love the options with the Modfather, postless and series decks. Then the Tall and Shorty kits are awesome, love that Tank.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For an RDTA Genni style the Trick Tank Pro is best I've tried, due primarily to the bottom air and it's not so airy.
The Modfather, different animal. The flavor is stellar with the short kit IMO, better than the Boreas (and the Trick Tank Pro for that matter) IMO. I also love the options with the Modfather, postless and series decks. Then the Tall and Shorty kits are awesome, love that Tank.
I appreciate the info.
Watched a few reviews, it does seem like a nice setup but I'm not able to get past the price.
It's not a matter of affordability, it's more about the fact that since there are so many other RDTA on the market, I just can't justify spending $60 for one that doesn't make coffee or at least give me something I'm not going to get from a $30 RDTA.
Since I don't have one and haven't experienced it first hand, I could be terribly wrong and maybe it's worth $90, who knows.
But thank you for adding one to my list for further research.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the info.
Watched a few reviews, it does seem like a nice setup but I'm not able to get past the price.
It's not a matter of affordability, it's more about the fact that since there are so many other RDTA on the market, I just can't justify spending $60 for one that doesn't make coffee or at least give me something I'm not going to get from a $30 RDTA.
Since I don't have one and haven't experienced it first hand, I could be terribly wrong and maybe it's worth $90, who knows.
But thank you for adding one to my list for further research.

@r055co ive seen you say how great the vgod rta is
have u tried the clones on fasttech
I've got a Vgod clone coming in from 3Fvape, I'll report back with a comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sto0ka

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all!
One more question.
Well limitles xl was my first choice because if i find out that building coils is not really for me i can actually buy premade coils and still use that tank (like it wont be waste).
So question will be
RDTA for beginner, with also possibility of buying premade coils.

Thanks

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks all!
One more question.
Well limitles xl was my first choice because if i find out that building coils is not really for me i can actually buy premade coils and still use that tank (like it wont be waste).
So question will be
RDTA for beginner, with also possibility of buying premade coils.

Thanks

when you say premade do you mean you can screw them in and remove hot spots and wick or do you mean everything is done and just screw the coil head in?

sto0ka

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One or another, for limitless there are already finished coils with screw in and go.
But also premade wires would do a job where i have to screw them in and add cotton only

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
One or another, for limitless there are already finished coils with screw in and go.
But also premade wires would do a job where i have to screw them in and add cotton only

If you want to screw in your own and add cotton the boreas is a great choice. can be found for 20 bucks or less. I'm using mine on a hohmslice 101watt mod right now at 85 watts and 570f with dual fused SS316l wires.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a Vgod clone coming in from 3Fvape, I'll report back with a comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
As promised my report back on the Clone from 3Fvape, it's a very good clone. It even has the reversed threaded 510 pin, well constructed and performs pretty much the same. The quality isn't as good as the authentic but it's damn close and at around $50 cheaper I say get it. If you enjoy it as much as I do I encourage you to buy the authentic to support the original creators. Since I have 2 of the Authentics I ended up Vaping the Clone forward. I've really been enjoying this RDTA, been loving it actually.

VU Sponsors