Become a Patron!

First RTA build

I recently started a thread about which RTA to get to replace the Melo III that came with my Pico Mega, and went with the Griffin from Geek Vape. I figured that with the huge build deck it would make things a bit easier for a first timer.

On my first build I was excited and kinda sloppy because I just wanted to test the new RTA out. I didn't use enough cotton, and I didn't stuff the juice channels enough and it leaked like a sieve. So this morning I read up on leaking issues, and the consensus seemed to be that you really have to make sure that the cotton is in the juice channels to keep it from flooding the airflow channels.

So I gave it another shot and really made sure that the channels are good and tight, and so far its seems to be doing pretty well, but I'm still getting some slight leaks into the airflow vents. So, I am just wondering if there is something that I maybe missed.

Thanks for any help, and thanks to you guys for helping me to decide on the Griffin. I love the way it looks, and if the performance keeps up it seems like it's a beast. Thanks.

VU Sponsors