VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Dubbed the DNA30 Mini - This is a clear copy of the original Vaporshark DNA.
With the exception of the two up and down bottons - its spot on. They even copied the optional belt clip screws.

This is the original Vaporshark DNA20 body with a CHDNA30 board. Vaporshark has long since upgraded their design but anyone who bought the original would spot this a mile away.

The next question. Will this sell?

I am a HUGE fan of the legit Vaporsharks. I just bought 10 of their 18650 version for giveaways.
They are one of the few legit DNA30's that have real staying power.

If this has real build quality and can be priced under $80.00 - its a winner.

YVV6NB2bdso

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The pretty blue firing button might be enough to sell a few. :D

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
This is bigger than the vaporshark DNA. It's the same size as the RDNA! wonder if it has an 18650 in it??
The VS is so well made, I can't imagine this competing with it. Also, no evolv chip.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really want an authentic rDNA and plan to get one at my two year mark. With that being said in the interim I would pick one of these up for no more than $50. Which I know won't happen since their DNA30 box mod is $80 - $100.

I really like Vapor Sharks customer service unlike HANA's customer service. Vapor Shark fixed my DNA20 mod free where as HANA insisted I was using their device wrong it was malfunctioning due to user error.HANA $300 shitty customer service, Vapor Shark $160 great customer service. my original Vapor Shark DNA is still my favorite DNA device its just small and packs the power. I'll stick to the real deal just for the customer service plus the pricing really ain't that bad considering its a real DNA chip.

Last edited:

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got to play with one of these the other day. Nice device. Has 18650 battery in it. Very small. Seemed to hit really well. Felt solid.

That being said, they are almost $100 online and the store I was in had it for $114. Spending a little extra to get the rDNA from Vapor Shark might just be the way to go.

This product is NOT an exact clone of the original VaporShark. While it has the styling, it does not have the logos, has HCigar markings, and is larger to accommodate an 18650 battery. That sacrifice is worth it, in my opinion. The idea of a proprietary lithium ion battery pack irks me.

Even better news, this product has just been upgraded to 35W by HCigar. I'm receiving shipment of them this week.

This product is NOT an exact clone of the original VaporShark. While it has the styling, it does not have the logos, has HCigar markings, and is larger to accommodate an 18650 battery. That sacrifice is worth it, in my opinion. The idea of a proprietary lithium ion battery pack irks me.

Even better news, this product has just been upgraded to 35W by HCigar. I'm receiving shipment of them this week.
I wouldn't say its a proprietary lithium ion battery its just a stranded LiPo battery, I got a replacement one from a hobby store for $2.

Got to play with one of these the other day. Nice device. Has 18650 battery in it. Very small. Seemed to hit really well. Felt solid.

That being said, they are almost $100 online and the store I was in had it for $114. Spending a little extra to get the rDNA from Vapor Shark might just be the way to go.
May I ask where you saw this clone..or almost clone??

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the right price I would grab one since I can't afford the rDNA right now.. it's pretty nice looking

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
May I ask,where you saw this almost clone??

Saw it Joplin, Mo at Vapor World.

The one I have is nice. The button is a little sketchy, but after a week or so I got used to it. You have to make sure you push the whole button in, not the side. I replace my battery with a efest 20amp 3100mah. works like a champ.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the original VaporShark DNA 30 that it is cloning....correct ? As in the really small one that has the batttery inside that is soldered in ?

The one's by VaporShark are great. Its the first mod that has had me set my Provari and Semovar off to the side. I didnt buy mine for the VW or the ability to go up to 30 or to down in ohms... I bought it for the tiny size and I hate boix mods.....love mine so much I bought a second one for the wife............and the battery will last me two 5ml tanks of juice before it dies (24 full hours with 7 hours sleep in there)

Anyway, cant wait to see some feedback here on how well the clones work.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't say its a proprietary lithium ion battery its just a stranded LiPo battery, I got a replacement one from a hobby store for $2.

You got a 1300 lipo battery from a hobby store ? Wow....where....which one ?

Vapor Joe will want to know !!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have an ETA on when these will be available? I want it!!! :)

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are out now. I got mine from atozvaporworld.com . Mine had a sketchy fire button and I sent three emails to them with no reply.

I wouldn't order from them again.

I have seen them at a couple of other places but can't remember where.

VU Sponsors