Become a Patron!

Flavor and cloud

Smokey1471

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
granted I have vaped on and off for around a year, or more, I know I'm no expert on vaping in any way. I know that getting massive flavor and cloud depends on vg/pg ratio, wattage run, coil used and I think tank used. I don't make my ejuice, nor do I make my own coils. I have used several mods ( mainly eleaf ( can't remember the model), but remember the istick 100 watt box). I have run the supertank series ( all .05 ohms). I now run a 220 watt alien with the cloud beast ( at 0.15 ohms ). How would I go about getting better cloud and flavor? Do I need to increase, or decrease the wattage? Running anywhere between 58.0 - 68.0 watts. My ejuice is the ratio of 70/30. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Last edited:

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a couple of G150s and this whole temp control thing to me is new. I actually kind of figured it out today along with getting the temp on display set to fahrenheit instead of celsius. I've been toasting coils in the wattage mode. About 1 every 3 to 4 days. So I set them to Temp mode, Strength to 35 watts, Coil TC-SS, TC-SS 0.0015. I have Temp set to 400 F. Probably not the ideal settings, but getting decent clouds and flavor. They seem to be burning a lot cooler and evenly. Dry hits are gone.

Before someone bust my chops on this set up it's all trial and error here. I really don't know anyone else in the area that vapes let alone is using any sub-ohm stuff.

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
Start on the maximum airflow setting and a low wattage, towards the bottom end of the range suggested on your coil.
Take a few drags on the device.
If the vape is not too hot and you don’t get dry puffs, increase the wattage and repeat the steps.
Also trying adjusting your settings is the simplest way to improve the flavour you get from your e-liquid. The type of coil you choose has a huge part to play in how much flavour you get from your e-cig.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Start on the maximum airflow setting and a low wattage, towards the bottom end of the range suggested on your coil.
Take a few drags on the device.
If the vape is not too hot and you don’t get dry puffs, increase the wattage and repeat the steps.
Also trying adjusting your settings is the simplest way to improve the flavour you get from your e-liquid. The type of coil you choose has a huge part to play in how much flavour you get from your e-cig.

Most of your advice here is reasonable. One thing I'll add is there are many variables to attain flavor &/ clouds. Will apologize too. I'm not an expert or professional at either one.

Finding the means to attain more flavor &/ cloud is a trail by error process for each of us. You might consider the following variables:

• air flow
  • wicking
  • depth of juice well
  • volume of top cap
  • wattage
  • ohm rating of coil/s
  • ratio of juice
  • length of draw taken
You could also factor in such things as barometric pressure, winds, atmosphere, altitude.

Yes, you can do all of that and spend yourself infuriated & so wound up over it. What I do is different. I'm happy to get modest clouds &/ flavor. I don't worry myself into a rubber walled room over it.

As long as I can get even just a little hint of taste when I use flavorings, great! If I can blow enough cloud to fill my corner of the bedroom with misty fog, lovely! If I can find a balance of the two, all the more sweeter it is!

If not, I don't get bent about it. I might eventually try swapping the air flow a bit to see if it helps. Maybe I try changing out the wick, fiddle with it a bit. I might after a good while think, "gee, gotta be the coil," and swap it out. My point is that it's something you can continually strive for better results without being concerned over a schedule, the world ending.

Relax. Enjoy the vaping. :) Above all else though, remember, if your vaping suits you there's no way anyone can tell you it's wrong for you. You've found what's right for you, stick to it. There's no real wrong way except smoking your vape.

Vaping ***is not*** smoking!

VU Sponsors