Become a Patron!

Flavor build

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would like to know anyone's suggestions for a great flavor build on the dark horse I have only 24 and 26 gauge wire at the moment so it would have to be using one of the 2 wires thank you for any of your suggestions

VAPEING IS THE WAY

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Turned out wonderful twisted 5 wrap 24 gauge nicrom wire

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh its amazing better than kanthal I belive

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavor and cloud depending what you build and coils last longer than the kanthal don't have to build the coils as much

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not yet but its in the cart.trying to think of everything before I place the order

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do a super nano coil. Flavor on my RDAs is crazy good, best flavor so far. Puts out lots of hot vape as well, its a juice hog build.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would like to know anyone's suggestions for a great flavor build on the dark horse I have only 24 and 26 gauge wire at the moment so it would have to be using one of the 2 wires thank you for any of your suggestions

VAPEING IS THE WAY
I use 24g in my dark horse ..dual micro coils/organic cotton at .25 ohms..
Superb flavor at 55w.. Thicker clouds at 60w or so on my IPV3
1b637c07c827f2bbde604f203588b377.jpg

Crazy clouds too! (6Ow)
982c29d1f3a7da5dab106d6f4eb05468.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Crazy clouds too! (6Ow)

Is your 24 gauge nichrome or kanthal?

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Crazy clouds too! (6Ow)

Built it on my ipv4 amazing at 60W

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I would definitely twist them together. And Nichrome is going to be a better flavor wire for sure. Lower iron content seems to aid the flavor a good bit. If you're feeling really adventurous, try making helix wire out of them. The 26 will be a bit thick for wrapping the 24 with, but you're going to get plenty of surface area, and great flavor. Just keep in mind that you will be making some very low resistance coils that way, and build accordingly and safely.

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally, I would definitely twist them together. And Nichrome is going to be a better flavor wire for sure. Lower iron content seems to aid the flavor a good bit. If you're feeling really adventurous, try making helix wire out of them. The 26 will be a bit thick for wrapping the 24 with, but you're going to get plenty of surface area, and great flavor. Just keep in mind that you will be making some very low resistance coils that way, and build accordingly and safely.
Ok I might try that

HAVE FUN AND VAPE ON

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's helix wire? How do you do that?
If you twist two wires together, it leaves two grooves. They call it helix wire or "helixing" a wire when you run a separate wire into the grooves afterwards. It creates a whole new set of juice channels which almost always intensify the flavor.
5555542f90523ae8b2a6e648a9286347.jpg
4182c2e9bd889659a38c60e79a3f7f0d.jpg

Kevin Roland

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That looks more complicated than what you are saying jenkins. so just twist 2 together all the way tight and then twist a 3rd wire onto it with drill or by hand?

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've since made a good bit of it. If you're used to a drills speed, it works, but I've been doing it by hand mostly. And it's a 3rd and 4th wire you wrap into it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150528_155444.jpg
    IMG_20150528_155444.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 29

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's a Clapton helix. First attempt.

Attachments

• IMG_20150619_071208.jpg
    IMG_20150619_071208.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 28

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also picked up a jeweler's anvil recently. Been having loads of fun with it. Sadly, I have only been making enough wire for 1 or two of each type of coil. I'm trying to start selling specialty wire wraps and coils soon, so I have been giving them to B&M owners to get my rep out there. And, I'm working about 80 hours a week on top of that. So I haven't had much time to play with new designs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150615_190401.jpg
    IMG_20150615_190401.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 28

Starlyte

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To make a spiral, at least one which works on copper stripped phone wire, thin, that I used in younger days, for making bracelets and other stuff ;) LOL! Time flies, but some things rest useful :D
OK, first off, you need to get your wires straight and unkinky, so you get hold of each end with, say a pencil, tooth pick, small screw drivers or the like, and pass them round a post that's smooth, once or thrice. You get wire that's ready to do what it's told!
Then you take your wire and double it over a little screw driver or other rod, same length each side, and the 2 loose ends attached to ... a door handle, or something similar, that holds it in place. You need at least 2 turns for it to not come off.
Then slowly, while the 2 lengths passed over the rod in your hand are equal, you turn, pulling to keep it tight, but not to break it.
When you have a spiral that's turned enough, you cut each end, and it should, and no warranty as it takes practice, give you a 2 wire spiral, that stays like it.
Try it with, say, 2ft at first of the same diameter, and you'll get a 6 inch spiral, or so.
I don't think it would work for coiled wire, ADN style, but it definately does for 2 wire spirals.

VAPE ON, ONE & ALL, & FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO NOT DIE FROM SMOKING!

VU Sponsors