Become a Patron!

Flavor Order

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm setting here pondering my next flavor order because of a recipe I just received. I am just getting started in DYI and as I look at my inventory, I have already accumulated 67 flavors (some I have not even opened yet) and this makes me wonder. How many flavors does the average DYI'er have on hand?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have about 200 right now, I pared down a lot recently.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Holy wow Batman!

On hand, 90. Picking up maybe 6 or 7 more today or tomorrow, hopefully. I haven't been at this very long, haven't used every one of these... I have, however, discovered my pattern and ordered larger bottles of those when needed :)

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have around 400, not including my nets and other odds and ends..
I just sold off maybe 50 flavors too.. and expecting another 50+ coming in..

notworthy.gif
bowdown.gif

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not know how many I have, 150 maybe, but I am on such a hunt for the holy grail peach for just one recipe copy, I have 6 peaches alone, that and 5 green teas. Trying to clone recipes from venders, namely Roar has me trying out everything. I am relatively new to DIY, but just trying to clone a peach green tea has me learning a ton about what it takes to nail an amazing, seemingly simple flavor, but I am all in. All this testing this and that for just one vendor's juice flavor transposes well into making other flavors, it seems like wax on, wax off at first.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy wow Batman!

I have, however, discovered my pattern and ordered larger bottles of those when needed :)

That is what I'm finding out, too. I can see where some of these flavors I have will be gathering dust after a while. Others are going to be ordered in great big bottles! Finding my areas is fun though, lots of great tastes to try.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not know how many I have, 150 maybe, but I am on such a hunt for the holy grail peach for just one recipe copy, I have 6 peaches alone, that and 5 green teas. Trying to clone recipes from venders, namely Roar has me trying out everything. I am relatively new to DIY, but just trying to clone a peach green tea has me learning a ton about what it takes to nail an amazing, seemingly simple flavor, but I am all in. All this testing this and that for just one vendor's juice flavor transposes well into making other flavors, it seems like wax on, wax off at first.
Have you tried FA's White Peach?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sometimes you need to use more than one brand and mix them. I discovered that when I was looking for the right Orange flavor. Someone here sent me some WG Orange and I also ordered Hangsen Orange. I made a standalone of each flavor, put a few drops of the strongest one in a tank of the milder one and found what I was looking for. Been on this hunt for 5 months!

Prior to that, I made several versions and strengths of 2 others, mixed and standalone. Never got there.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

You are trying to clone Roar's Green Tea... right..??

list of all the peaches I have:

Juicy Peach - Hangsen
Peach - Hangsen
Peach - Lorann
Peach Flavor - Sig/tfa
Juicy Peach - Sig/tfa
Pimpy Fresh Peach - Tasty Puff
Peach Flavor - Flavor West
Peach - Flavors Express
Pineapple Peach - Flavor West
Organic Peach - Nature's Flavors
Honey Peach - Jungle Flavors
Juicy Peach - Capella
White PEach - Flavor Arts
Peach Super Concentrated Flavor - SCVZ
Gourmet Peach Flavoring - SCVZ
E-Flavour Peach - INA

Capella's Green Tea is the best.. right around 5%
Best Peach for Peach Green Tea.. H Peach at around 8%
what's missing is... mandarin.. flavor arts.. at around 1-2%
Capella's Sweet Guava.. at around 1-2%

Edit: do not forget the lemon to make it pop..
lemon flavor from what ever flavor company.. 1-2 drops per 10ml
Try that.. :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My Peach Overload uses 6 different peaches..
and well uses all of the categories for flavors.. I left it at 21 flavors..
Seems everyone likes it, when I make it.. It does not last very long at all..:oops:

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Peach Overload uses 6 different peaches..
and well uses all of the categories for flavors.. I left it at 21 flavors..
Seems everyone likes it, when I make it.. It does not last very long at all..:oops:

Zoiks@21 flavors

My taste buds wouldn't know where to start :eek: I bet that's one good recipe.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Zoiks@12 flavors

My taste buds wouldn't know where to start :eek: I bet that's one good recipe.

giggles.. 21.. just like that ice cream company!! :D

in fact.. I have sent that juice to at least 3 people here on this forum lmao..
just this week.. I am now down to 30ml bottle of it.. and need to make more.:(

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
giggles.. 21.. just like that ice cream company!! :D

in fact.. I have sent that juice to at least 3 people here on this forum lmao..
just this week.. I am now down to 30ml bottle of it.. and need to make more.:(
You'll need to add 10 more flavors to be like Baskin & Robbins =)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oh sucks.. dangnabit!!! I thought they were 21 flavors.. grrr...
now you tell me!! :rolleyes:

lol no.. but i happen to be very proud of my Peach Overload..
it does get a bit expensive to make.. but it is so worth it..
it is as my friend Jenn says.. different..
a funky peach cobbler..;)

all under 20% flavoring too :p

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, nice offer! Great way to support flavor habit. Wish we had a vape shop here, just head shops with a bit of expensive vape ware. And no idea what they have or how to use it, sad.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, nice offer! Great way to support flavor habit. Wish we had a vape shop here, just head shops with a bit of expensive vape ware. And no idea what they have or how to use it, sad.

that is very sad.. not sure where you are, but maybe in nearby towns they might have better??
the best I can tell you and anyone else.. is to play with flavors.. you never know what you might make, that you really like..
it is a matter of taste and likes ;)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, we are 3 hours from anywhere. It's all internet for me, lol. I'm playing a lot, found a few recipes, thanks to HIC & wllmc, that I love. Still sampling a bunch, too. I am going to Seattle in a few weeks for family stuff. There are lots of vape shops there and I'm going to visit as many as I can!

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are trying to clone Roar's Green Tea... right..??

Capella's Green Tea is the best.. right around 5%
Best Peach for Peach Green Tea.. H Peach at around 8%
what's missing is... mandarin.. flavor arts.. at around 1-2%
Capella's Sweet Guava.. at around 1-2%

Edit: do not forget the lemon to make it pop..
lemon flavor from what ever flavor company.. 1-2 drops per 10ml
Try that.. :D
H peach just came today, which smells right, along with a peach nectar which i do not think I will use, yet. I have capella's sweet tea, I have not found a green tea flavor from them, I have debated using it though, but was worried the lemon would come through too much. The guava makes sense too, hell I have thought about apricot to flatten, yet maybe deepen that juicy peach I have been using, mostly from TFA. The TFA green tea has to be in there a bit, by it's self, it smells almost just like what may be in roar's peach green. Thanks much for the advice...I will be messing with this for a while, unless you just nailed it with your recipe above lol.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
no.. just looked at my notes.. TFA Green Tea..
sorry!! but yes, it is just about spot on..
personally, I'd add some Neroli fa or some type of floral to it too..
but that is just me :D

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no.. just looked at my notes.. TFA Green Tea..
sorry!! but yes, it is just about spot on..
personally, I'd add some Neroli fa or some type of floral to it too..
but that is just me :D
I am with you on that, a floral would be a great addition. I would like to play around with mandarin, that sounds like it could for sure be in there, I just do not have it yet, but will. I have to say it is fun trying to copy someones recipe lol, more work than I thought went into it, the fact Mike came up with it is even more badass really. Meanwhile, I have made so many versions so far, and really, not one is bad, just not the same, close but no cigar so far...thank god. :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thing is.. it is just that.. an almost copy..
it will never be exactly like what you are trying to make..
but.. .. sometimes you might make something ever better than what was originally wanted.

yes, there is a ton of work that goes in, and..
if you get lucky and figure something out..
by knowing your sweet spot for flavors and flavor companies..
then you can start branching out and making your own recipes that you can be proud of..
not just copying some one else's work.. ;):D

do i recommend cloning? yes and no..
yes if you are trying to learn a technique..
yes if you can still support the person that had the idea..
no.. if you want to duck out of the above..

why? because without the support.. there would be no recipes decent enough to attempt to clone.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm setting here pondering my next flavor order because of a recipe I just received. I am just getting started in DYI and as I look at my inventory, I have already accumulated 67 flavors (some I have not even opened yet) and this makes me wonder. How many flavors does the average DYI'er have on hand?

I passed 300 some time ago, but I'm weird, not typical. I use around 100 regularly. Another 100 I use from time to time, but I'm glad to have them. The last 100, I keep because I might possibly find a use for them, but I don't really like them. This doesn't include my reject bin, which are so horrible I can't vape them (like FA Bread Crust, gawwwd). And it doesn't include the ones I found out are loaded with diacetyl - those live near my coffee pot, where they get plenty of action.

If I had only the 100 I use most regularly, honestly, I'd have enough variety to keep a group of vapers happy. I just can't stop mixing and experimenting. It has become a real hobby for me.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ditto! If I was not inspired to try to copy some recipes like a hack, I would not try to invent others nearly as much, that and my flavor orders would be a lot smaller. I have to say, quitting smoking as lead to a fun hobby...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto! If I was not inspired to try to copy some recipes like a hack, I would not try to invent others nearly as much, that and my flavor orders would be a lot smaller. I have to say, quitting smoking as lead to a fun hobby...

You aren't that far from me, Mr Joshua.. Perhaps in the next few months we can meet up and show off mods and vapes :D

VU Sponsors