Become a Patron!

Flavored Tobacco Lures Kids, CDC Says

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
damn flavored tobacco

i see that cherry pipe tobacco every where. that shit is horrible for kids but they love it

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
damn flavored tobacco

i see that cherry pipe tobacco every where. that shit is horrible for kids but they love it

Or the "flavored cigars" I used to LOVE the Strawberry White Owl's.

NEWSFLASH!!!
We dumped the fucking tobacco out and replaced it with a green vegetable like substance every time!!!
So did every kid I knew EVER who bought a single "flavored cigar"

We used to hang out in a neighborhood girl's BARN.
The top floor was all hooked up with TV, stereo, furniture, mini fridge, etc...

One day we decided that the tubes that the Strawberry White Owl came in would connect together.
The bottom of one tube fit on the front of the other and so on.

We started off making a Tube stick by connecting them all together.
The barn was about 50 feet long.

The last time I was there we had empty "cigar" tubes connected together stuck up in the roof rafters.
There was 7 50 feet long cigar tube rods and a half of another one started.

We NEVER smoked the tobacco out of even one "flavored cigar" and there was at least 500 empty "cigar" tubes in those rafters.
She got knocked up so we quit hanging around up there.

That was less than a years worth of blunt tubes.

Most kids ain't smoking the tobacco
Up in Baltimore for sure because I saw it with my own eyes if you were in line at the gas station and someone in front of you bought a "flavored cigar" it was like wink, wink, nod, nod we were all doing the same thing with them.

This was well over a decade ago but I am sure shit hasn't changed much.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapers need to own up to some of the shit going down and call people out on it...there is alot of targeting young kids into vaping the16,17, 18,19,20 year old group..you go into any B&M and the majority of customers are really young...
Now the argument can be made that vaping is as harmless as coffee, and that nic is not that harnfull, but we can't deny alot of the juice makers are targeting kids...their juices are super sweet kiddy like flavors.....this is going to come back and bite us in the ass in the eyes of the public.
Vaping went from a way of getting people with a 30 year old drug habit of combustable tobacco into a less harmfull nicotine delivery system, and now it has morphed into a giant skateboard club....
I don't like the idea of regulating people's behavior, but there is an illusion being created that vaping is harmless..it isn't and these kids should be made aware of the fact that it isn't harmless.nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on earth, although I think WTAs might be just as addictive,but kids don't have a clue as to what addict means.and there is a significant portion of th industry that is appealing to very young customers.
Imagine if Phillip Morris came out with a cigarette that tasted like Captian Crunch or Fruit Loops...that is what the public sees.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Vapers need to own up to some of the shit going down and call people out on it...there is alot of targeting young kids into vaping the16,17, 18,19,20 year old group..you go into any B&M and the majority of customers are really young...
Now the argument can be made that vaping is as harmless as coffee, and that nic is not that harnfull, but we can't deny alot of the juice makers are targeting kids...their juices are super sweet kiddy like flavors.....this is going to come back and bite us in the ass in the eyes of the public.
Vaping went from a way of getting people with a 30 year old drug habit of combustable tobacco into a less harmfull nicotine delivery system, and now it has morphed into a giant skateboard club....
I don't like the idea of regulating people's behavior, but there is an illusion being created that vaping is harmless..it isn't and these kids should be made aware of the fact that it isn't harmless.nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on earth, although I think WTAs might be just as addictive,but kids don't have a clue as to what addict means.and there is a significant portion of th industry that is appealing to very young customers.
Imagine if Phillip Morris came out with a cigarette that tasted like Captian Crunch or Fruit Loops...that is what the public sees.

So you vape what?
Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) eliquid only?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Wouldn't it be easier to I dunno ENFORCE the ban to minors?
You know, the laws already on the books that there seems to be 0 enforcement of.
Let's start there and the shady vendors may just get fined out of existence or straighten their acts up.

"Calling people out" seems like something a teenager does on facebook.

Enforcement of the law seems like something that our government doesn't handle too well.
They just make more laws to "appear" to be doing something to the public.
Why do kids still smoke cigarettes?
Do the police stop and ID groups of young teens smoking?
I have never seen it happen once in my life and I was one of those teens.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you vape what?
Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) eliquid only?
Yeah alot of the time I do vape NETs I do my own extracts from cigars, but I also vape alot of things like absinthe...I DIY because I find 90% of e juices sickeningly sweet and made of shit quality ingredents.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't it be easier to I dunno ENFORCE the ban to minors?
You know, the laws already on the books that there seems to be 0 enforcement of.
Let's start there and the shady vendors may just get fined out of existence or straighten their acts up.

"Calling people out" seems like something a teenager does on facebook.

Enforcement of the law seems like something that our government doesn't handle too well.
They just make more laws to "appear" to be doing something to the public.
Why do kids still smoke cigarettes?
Do the police stop and ID groups of young teens smoking?
I have never seen it happen once in my life and I was one of those teens.
no calling people out is just telling the truth.....alot of people in the vaping community are targeting young kids....and that is the truth.....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah alot of the time I do vape NETs I do my own extracts from cigars, but I also vape alot of things like absinthe...I DIY because I find 90% of e juices sickeningly sweet and made of shit quality ingredents.

I think the problem is VG is sickeningly sweet to begin with.
So once you add even sweeter flavors to something already bordering on too sweet you have the problem you mentioned.
We used to add PG to even it out but now all the neckbeard douches selling the shit are about chucking clouds, MAX VG, and 3mg nic.
Which of course causes the target buyer to vape more eliquid faster which maximizes their profit.

River Botton Fog Sauce has some great NET but they are getting out of the game.
They are selling what used to cost $27.50 for $3.50 now.
Needless to say I bought 30 of the $3.50 30ml's. :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's all about the bottom line......juice makers are loving these sub-ohm tanks....people are just flying through juice.
Why is River Bottom Fog getting out....I guess NETs are a sort of fringe market....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it's all about the bottom line......juice makers are loving these sub-ohm tanks....people are just flying through juice.
Why is River Bottom Fog getting out....I guess NETs are a sort of fringe market....
I guess?
I thought it was well liked by many so I have no idea.

VU Sponsors