Become a Patron!

Flavors that don't crack plastic?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm asking this question in reverse. LOL. I've seen huge lists of flavors that are known tank crackers, which are pretty long. Are there certain flavors/juices out there considered safe? I'm asking because I've gone through two innokin isubs already due to tank crackers, that I didn't realize were at first. Placid, by Adirondak, is good but it killed the first one, due to the lime. Cascade, also good and by Adirondak, has killed the second one. I still have quite a few innokin coils left, which is the only reason I'd consider buying a new one if I found a good deal. My Crown tank and Smok VCTS are perfectly good, but I hate to waste a box of coils. If I end up with another plastic isub, what would be safe?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's so difficult to say because any complex retail juice may have small amounts as accents.

But small amounts may not have an effect.
I've used my three for almost a year with no issues, so I'm always surprised to see your posts about it. Does their "German" PC perform better against crackers?
I guess my preferred flavors don't have enough of them to be a problem.
And I've used plenty of acidic fruits, pineapple, lime, and others from the known short list.
But I guess you have a flavor preference that they just don't play well with. :(

You're going to have to break it down as best you can, hopefully find more culprit(s).

What's the Cascade flavor profile?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's so difficult to say because any complex retail juice may have small amounts as accents.

But small amounts may not have an effect.
I've used my three for almost a year with no issues, so I'm always surprised to see your posts about it. Does their "German" PC perform better against crackers?
I guess my preferred flavors don't have enough of them to be a problem.
And I've used plenty of acidic fruits, pineapple, lime, and others from the known short list.
But I guess you have a flavor preference that they just don't play well with. :(

You're going to have to break it down as best you can, hopefully find more culprit(s).

What's the Cascade flavor profile?
Placid is lime, strawberry, and pear. Cascade is banana, apple and cream. The tank has developed numerous hairline cracks inside. I rinse it sometimes with water, but I've never used any detergents. It's a shame because it performed pretty well for a ten dollar tank. I can't find them for that right now, so I'm not going to buy another yet. I did see an isub g on sale for about 15. Same tank, but glass. To be fair, the tank has probably taken a few spills, which may have made it more susceptible to damage, but it didn't crack specifically from being dropped.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah... banana.
That's actually very high up on that short list. Surprisingly.
And I've used quite a bit of it myself.

A drop shouldn't affect it unless it's a hard surface with the mod landing on top.
But... who knows eh?

Sounds like you should go for one of the glass iSubs after all.
Myself, I'm looking at the new "S" instead of the APEX.
But the older Gs have dropped a bit in price, as you've seen.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm asking this question in reverse. LOL. I've seen huge lists of flavors that are known tank crackers, which are pretty long. Are there certain flavors/juices out there considered safe? I'm asking because I've gone through two innokin isubs already due to tank crackers, that I didn't realize were at first.

You can probably get replacement plastic tank pieces for the cracked ones; it's not like they're total losses.

[retracted - see correct information below]

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can probably get replacement plastic tank pieces for the cracked ones; it's not like they're total losses.

I'm not sure if that's possible, or in this case... economical.
The plastic iSub was always very inexpensive, and the DT is integral to the tank body.
There are actually only three pieces... the coil head makes it four.

If there's a replacement available, with shipping it might cost close to retail for a whole tank... about ten bucks.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure if that's possible, or in this case... economical.
The plastic iSub was always very inexpensive, and the DT is integral to the tank body.

You are right; thank you for the correction.

VU Sponsors