Become a Patron!

Floating Pin Problems

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do I fix baytery rattle if the 510 pin on the bottom of my mod isn't adjustable and my mod's topcap has a floating pin? The pjn soesn't unscrew, it just slides up to meet the 510 pin, and there isn't a screw on it's underside that adjusts any more than that. Working with an Anarchist clone mod and an OBS Crius RTA. Please help, thanks in advance!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on this..... I would get a new mod. One with some adjustabilty. Have you tried a button top battery... might fit better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spacer magnets on the bottom side.
Magnets a good idea but if the switch is at the bottom put the magnets at the top.. magnet between switch and battery is a bad idea..... don't want magnetic bridges forming.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
maxresdefault.jpg

In the 2nd image, the one just after the tube part, should be the top of the mod. You see that black plastic ring inside, with the thumb traction grooves? You should be able to turn that counter clockwise to tighten down the positive pin against the top of the battery.

That should also let you take the copper 510 plus pin out if you ever need to replace the spring. (I used 20ga bronze rod from the craft shop on a 2.0 mm core. cut to length... lower resistance than SS and much better as a spring than copper) *I got the bronze rods at a craft shop. $2.79 for 5 and each rod makes 2 springs*

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured it out -.- The copper underside of the 510 connection was screwed in all the way and when I tried to unscrew it the first time it was stuck, so I thought it didn't move at all -.- As is the case with 90% of the things I post about, the issue was with human error.

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I figured it out -.- The copper underside of the 510 connection was screwed in all the way and when I tried to unscrew it the first time it was stuck, so I thought it didn't move at all -.- As is the case with 90% of the things I post about, the issue was with human error.
We all have those moments.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors