Become a Patron!

Freemax Marvos T Review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Freemax Marvox T is a simple tube style pod system, with no screen and a single button. It has a built in 3000mAh battery, adjustable airflow, three power settings, a 4.5ml pod and the choice of 0.15ohm or 0.25ohm coils.

DSC_0010.jpg

How to use it

Five clicks on/off, three clicks to cycle through the power settings, adjustable airflow ring, and that's about it.

Pod

The Marvos T comes with a 4.5ml PCTG pod, which is very much in the style of a Voopoo TPP pod, in that it is held securely in place with magnets, is bottom fill and has a removable O-ring style 810 drip-tip. Despite looking very similar, the pod doesn't fit into PnP/TPP devices or vice versa.

DSC_0020.jpg

There is also a glass pod available as an extra purchase, I have mixed feelings which is better - the glass pod feels much nicer to use, but the PCTG pod is easier to fill.

Coils

The three power settings equate to 40/50/55W on the 0.25ohm coil and 60/70/80W on the 0.15ohm coil.

Both coils need half a tank or so of juice through them in order to break them in, and give their best flavor at their respective max power output with airflow fully open.

I was just going to write "yeah, these coils give great flavor" - but that doesn't really help much, because almost every manufacturer's coils give great flavor nowadays - so a much easier way to understand the flavor is to say that the Marvos T gives noticeably better flavor than the equivalent PnP/TPP coils, especially when it comes to candy/fruit flavors.

The coils are lasting me very well, I've had a 0.25ohm coil in the glass pod and a 0.15ohm in the PCTG pod for a couple of weeks now, and flavor is still strong.

There is however a little moisture under the coil, not exactly a leak but certainly enough to warrant a little cleaning every couple of days or so.

DSC_0044.jpg

What I like about it

• Coil flavor compared to similar pod systems from Vaporesso, Voopoo, Sigelei and Wotofo, these coils from Freemax give from slightly better to much better flavor, depending on the juice.
  • Coil life I've been putting some horribly sweet coil-killing juices though these coils, but they aren't dying.
  • Large capacity battery which is probably for the best, as these coils do well when used at maximum power settings.
What I don't like about it

• Autofire would have been nice. While not essential, I like autofire on pod systems.
  • Adjustability while you have three power settings and adjustable airflow, there seems to be little point in using either of them, set it to maximum power and open the airflow fully and you're set.
  • Glass tank of course glass tanks are very nice, however it's trickier to fill than the PCTG tank and it could have come free of charge with the kit.
Conclusion

For a no-frills DTL pod system, this ticks all the boxes.

The mod does what it's supposed to and the coils are the stars of the show.

Disclaimer

The Marvos T was sent to me by Freemax for the purposes of this review.

VU Sponsors