Become a Patron!

Freemax Maxus 100W Kit with Fireluke 3 Subohm Tank

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
100W_banner_P_01.jpg

This kit was sent to me from Freemax for the purpose of this review. It's a single battery mod that can run on an 18650, or a single 20700/21700. The tank is the Fireluke 3, successor to the Fireluke 2 and Fireluke M(esh) tanks. They've done some pretty cool things with the mod, and the tank will have a whole new lineup of SS904L Mesh coils. I've also reviewed this kit's big brother the Maxus 200W kit in case you're interested in that. I'll try to go over this one the best I can.

The kit includes-

• 1x MAXUS 100W Mod
  • 1x Fireluke 3 Tank
  • 1x 0.15ohm 904L M1 Mesh Coil
  • 1x 0.2ohm 904L M2 Mesh Coil
  • 1x 5mL Replacement Glass
  • 1x Extra O-Ring
  • 1x Type-C USB Cable
  • 1x 18650 battery adaptor
  • 1x Warning Card
  • 1x Warranty Card
  • 1x User Manual.

The Maxus 100W mod-

The mod is all black with some minor branding on one side, and a side battery cover on the other. The battery cover is held on by magnets and it doesn't move once secured. On the outside of battery door is some decorative resin. Depending on which version you get, there'll be two different colored resins on your door. Mines Yellow or Gold on top with Blue on the bottom.. The screen is on the side and displays the pertinent information. The 510 connector is solid and is screwed down by two torx bit screws.

This mod has an interesting feature. It's called SmartLoad technology and Freemax is the first to do it. The mod doesn't care which way you put your battery in. You can put the cell in either way, and the mod will just work.

To turn the mod on and off is the industry standard 5 clicks. To enter the mods menu system click the fire button 3 times. In the menu you can select MODE ; SET ; INFo ; or EXIT.

MODE:

• Power (wattage)
  • VPC (wattage curve)
  • Bypass (direct output)
  • TC - TI (Titanium)
  • TC- SS (Stainless steel)
  • TC- NI (Nickel)
  • TCR- 1, 2, or 3
SET:

• Timeout (Screen timeout time)
  • Coil test (On or Off)
  • Puff (Reset puff counter)
  • Time (Reset your vaping time)
  • C°/F° (Switch between Celsius to Fahrenheit)
  • Reset.
INFO:

• Battery (It tells you what voltage your battery is at.)
  • Version (This tells you what version your mods firmware is.)
  • Temp.

The Fireluke 3 Subohm Tank-

Like its big brother the M-Pro 2 tanks is a combination of stainless steel and resin. The very top of the tank and drip tip is really smooth buffed typed resin. The other areas where resin is preset, it sort of peeks out from cutouts in the stainless steel. Those areas look to be treated with some sort of sealant. I'm pretty confident that these won't have trouble separating or falling apart.

The tank has the same size glass and uses the same sized coils as its predecessors the Fireluke 2, and Fireluke M tanks. The glass that comes on the tank has that sort of diamond cut style. You get an extra conventional bubble glass in the box.

It uses a sliding top method for filling but has been updated. I had trouble with the Fireluke 2 tanks top fill sliding open in pockets or in my bag. The Fireluke 3's top slider has incorporated stiffer ball bearings to keep it closed. I haven't had any trouble taking it with me as far as the top slider or leaking.

Freemax has plans to release a whole new coil family for these tanks. The heating element is SS904L and the wicking is a combination of cotton and tea fiber. They're calling these coils FM Coiltech 4.0.

SS904L X2 Coil 0.2Ω (Best:40-80W Best:70W)

This coil was pre installed and is a dual mesh coil. I used at primarily at 60W. The flavor is really good. It's well above average I can tell you that. The flavor and sweetness of my juice seems to have been amplified. I had no trouble running 60ML of Propaganda Blue Frost through this coil (one of my favorite e liquids). The draw or amount of airflow seems just right with this coil. I've always enjoyed dual mesh coils and this is a good one. Freemax plans to release another but with a lower wattage recommendation. I didn't notice a break in period and these coils soak juice up FAST. It went from totally dry to completely soaked in about a minute.

I've taken a picture to show you the actual heating elements used. You might have to zoom in to see them.

SS904L X1 Coil 0.15Ω (Best:40-80, Best:70W)

This coil is a "nexMESH styled" SS904L strip with circular holes punched through it. It's a single cylinder coil with just a bit more airflow it seems.. This coil seemed to need a slight break in. That cotton/tea fiber formula around this coil still soaks up the e liquid really fast as well. The flavor was very good again but I prefer the draw with the dual mesh coil a bit more. I used this one with the airflow control ring a bit closed down.. Really digging these new coils but I still think the older ones are great as well. You'll have to try them yourself to compare. The main thing I'm noticing is the sweetness really comes through.

Specifications and Features-

FreeMaX MAXUS 100W Starter Kit Features:

• FreeMaX FM Chip-MAXUS 1.0 Chipset
  • Dimensions - 90.2mm by 37.5mm by 28mm
  • Single High-Amp 20700 / 21700 Battery - Not Included
  • SmartLoad Technology - Load At Will
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-100W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.7-7.5V
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F
  • Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Wire Compatibility
  • Power Mode
  • VPC Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • TC Mode
  • TCR Mode
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • OLED Display Screen
  • Magnetic Battery Door
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • Low Resistance Range
  • 10s Timeout Protection
  • Open Circuit Protection
  • High-Temp Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
  • Automatic Coil Test
  • Same/New Coil Selection
  • Type-C USB Port
  • Threaded 510 Connection
  • Available in 6 different colors
FreeMaX Fireluke 3 Tank Sub-Ohm Tank Features-

• 27.5mm Diameter (26mm at the base)
  • 5mL Bubble Glass Capacity
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Sliding Top Fill System - Single Fill Port
  • FreeMaX Fireluke 3 Coil Series
  • FM CoilTech 4.0
  • 0.15ohm 904L X1 Mesh Coil - rated for 40-80W
  • 0.2ohm 904L X2 Mesh Coil - rated for 40-80W
  • Tea Fiber Cotton Wicking Material
  • Threaded Coil Installation
  • Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control Ring
  • 810 Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Threaded Connection.

Final Thoughts-

It's really nice to see companies still releasing regular kits. Freemax did a great job with their new releases. I know the previous tanks were a big success and this new one has gotten better. I admit they look a little funky but I'd rather have this than the FL2 tank. If you still love your older tanks, you can just try the coils. That's great that Freemax didn't go to a whole new style. They keep things consistent and I think their fans appreciate it. I know I do..

The mod is pretty nice. I'm all for single 21700 mods. It's a little "boxy" but tall and slender. When I leave home it slips in a pocket easily. The battery feature is cool too I guess. I rarely put my batteries in the wrong way. But for people who do, they'd probably really dig this. It cones with an 18650 sleeve adapter but if you haven't tried 21700s yet, I highly recommend them. My favorites for these kinds of mods is the Molicell P42A. Otherwise the Samsung 30T or 40T are great options. They just flat out outperform 18650 batteries.

Big thanks to Linda from Freemax for sending me this and thanks to anyone who read this review. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Otherwise, take care and see ya next time

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
100W_banner_P_01.jpg

This kit was sent to me from Freemax for the purpose of this review. It's a single battery mod that can run on an 18650, or a single 20700/21700. The tank is the Fireluke 3, successor to the Fireluke 2 and Fireluke M(esh) tanks. They've done some pretty cool things with the mod, and the tank will have a whole new lineup of SS904L Mesh coils. I've also reviewed this kit's big brother the Maxus 200W kit in case you're interested in that. I'll try to go over this one the best I can.

The kit includes-

• 1x MAXUS 100W Mod
  • 1x Fireluke 3 Tank
  • 1x 0.15ohm 904L M1 Mesh Coil
  • 1x 0.2ohm 904L M2 Mesh Coil
  • 1x 5mL Replacement Glass
  • 1x Extra O-Ring
  • 1x Type-C USB Cable
  • 1x 18650 battery adaptor
  • 1x Warning Card
  • 1x Warranty Card
  • 1x User Manual.

The Maxus 100W mod-

The mod is all black with some minor branding on one side, and a side battery cover on the other. The battery cover is held on by magnets and it doesn't move once secured. On the outside of battery door is some decorative resin. Depending on which version you get, there'll be two different colored resins on your door. Mines Yellow or Gold on top with Blue on the bottom.. The screen is on the side and displays the pertinent information. The 510 connector is solid and is screwed down by two torx bit screws.

This mod has an interesting feature. It's called SmartLoad technology and Freemax is the first to do it. The mod doesn't care which way you put your battery in. You can put the cell in either way, and the mod will just work.

To turn the mod on and off is the industry standard 5 clicks. To enter the mods menu system click the fire button 3 times. In the menu you can select MODE ; SET ; INFo ; or EXIT.

MODE:

• Power (wattage)
  • VPC (wattage curve)
  • Bypass (direct output)
  • TC - TI (Titanium)
  • TC- SS (Stainless steel)
  • TC- NI (Nickel)
  • TCR- 1, 2, or 3
SET:

• Timeout (Screen timeout time)
  • Coil test (On or Off)
  • Puff (Reset puff counter)
  • Time (Reset your vaping time)
  • C°/F° (Switch between Celsius to Fahrenheit)
  • Reset.
INFO:

• Battery (It tells you what voltage your battery is at.)
  • Version (This tells you what version your mods firmware is.)
  • Temp.

The Fireluke 3 Subohm Tank-

Like its big brother the M-Pro 2 tanks is a combination of stainless steel and resin. The very top of the tank and drip tip is really smooth buffed typed resin. The other areas where resin is preset, it sort of peeks out from cutouts in the stainless steel. Those areas look to be treated with some sort of sealant. I'm pretty confident that these won't have trouble separating or falling apart.

The tank has the same size glass and uses the same sized coils as its predecessors the Fireluke 2, and Fireluke M tanks. The glass that comes on the tank has that sort of diamond cut style. You get an extra conventional bubble glass in the box.

It uses a sliding top method for filling but has been updated. I had trouble with the Fireluke 2 tanks top fill sliding open in pockets or in my bag. The Fireluke 3's top slider has incorporated stiffer ball bearings to keep it closed. I haven't had any trouble taking it with me as far as the top slider or leaking.

Freemax has plans to release a whole new coil family for these tanks. The heating element is SS904L and the wicking is a combination of cotton and tea fiber. They're calling these coils FM Coiltech 4.0.

SS904L X2 Coil 0.2Ω (Best:40-80W Best:70W)

This coil was pre installed and is a dual mesh coil. I used at primarily at 60W. The flavor is really good. It's well above average I can tell you that. The flavor and sweetness of my juice seems to have been amplified. I had no trouble running 60ML of Propaganda Blue Frost through this coil (one of my favorite e liquids). The draw or amount of airflow seems just right with this coil. I've always enjoyed dual mesh coils and this is a good one. Freemax plans to release another but with a lower wattage recommendation. I didn't notice a break in period and these coils soak juice up FAST. It went from totally dry to completely soaked in about a minute.

I've taken a picture to show you the actual heating elements used. You might have to zoom in to see them.

SS904L X1 Coil 0.15Ω (Best:40-80, Best:70W)

This coil is a "nexMESH styled" SS904L strip with circular holes punched through it. It's a single cylinder coil with just a bit more airflow it seems.. This coil seemed to need a slight break in. That cotton/tea fiber formula around this coil still soaks up the e liquid really fast as well. The flavor was very good again but I prefer the draw with the dual mesh coil a bit more. I used this one with the airflow control ring a bit closed down.. Really digging these new coils but I still think the older ones are great as well. You'll have to try them yourself to compare. The main thing I'm noticing is the sweetness really comes through.

Specifications and Features-

FreeMaX MAXUS 100W Starter Kit Features:

• FreeMaX FM Chip-MAXUS 1.0 Chipset
  • Dimensions - 90.2mm by 37.5mm by 28mm
  • Single High-Amp 20700 / 21700 Battery - Not Included
  • SmartLoad Technology - Load At Will
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-100W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.7-7.5V
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F
  • Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Wire Compatibility
  • Power Mode
  • VPC Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • TC Mode
  • TCR Mode
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • OLED Display Screen
  • Magnetic Battery Door
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • Low Resistance Range
  • 10s Timeout Protection
  • Open Circuit Protection
  • High-Temp Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
  • Automatic Coil Test
  • Same/New Coil Selection
  • Type-C USB Port
  • Threaded 510 Connection
  • Available in 6 different colors
FreeMaX Fireluke 3 Tank Sub-Ohm Tank Features-

• 27.5mm Diameter (26mm at the base)
  • 5mL Bubble Glass Capacity
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Sliding Top Fill System - Single Fill Port
  • FreeMaX Fireluke 3 Coil Series
  • FM CoilTech 4.0
  • 0.15ohm 904L X1 Mesh Coil - rated for 40-80W
  • 0.2ohm 904L X2 Mesh Coil - rated for 40-80W
  • Tea Fiber Cotton Wicking Material
  • Threaded Coil Installation
  • Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control Ring
  • 810 Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Threaded Connection.

Final Thoughts-

It's really nice to see companies still releasing regular kits. Freemax did a great job with their new releases. I know the previous tanks were a big success and this new one has gotten better. I admit they look a little funky but I'd rather have this than the FL2 tank. If you still love your older tanks, you can just try the coils. That's great that Freemax didn't go to a whole new style. They keep things consistent and I think their fans appreciate it. I know I do..

The mod is pretty nice. I'm all for single 21700 mods. It's a little "boxy" but tall and slender. When I leave home it slips in a pocket easily. The battery feature is cool too I guess. I rarely put my batteries in the wrong way. But for people who do, they'd probably really dig this. It cones with an 18650 sleeve adapter but if you haven't tried 21700s yet, I highly recommend them. My favorites for these kinds of mods is the Molicell P42A. Otherwise the Samsung 30T or 40T are great options. They just flat out outperform 18650 batteries.

Big thanks to Linda from Freemax for sending me this and thanks to anyone who read this review. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Otherwise, take care and see ya next time
Thanks for the review Frank.
I have a few of the Fireluke 2 tanks and a shitload of the coils and love them.
May try these when on the cheap.
Good luck on more of your future reviews.
Good Job!

VU Sponsors