Become a Patron!

Fresh Pistachio

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wanted to make something that would enhance the tastes I find when eating a fresh pistachio: light cream, a little citrus, a little fruity.
No harshness, and very "round", spicy without being aggressive. A very light floral recipe with a herbal undertone. It's pretty adequate for a hot day.
I forgot it in my cabinet for a month - I'd say it would be possible to let it sit for a few days only. Let me know what you think.

Fresh pistachio
2% Catalan Cream (FA)
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
2% DX Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1% Fuji Apple (FA)
7% Pistachio (TPA)
1% Torrone (FA)
Flavor total: 14%

Last edited:

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for sharing! I'm working on a pistachio recipe too and also wound up using 7% of TPA Pistachio.

Last edited:

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for sharing! I'm working on a pistachio recipe too and also wound up using 7% of TPA Pistachio.
Yes I found it hard to work with less. I'm going to try the same thing without the apple...
Let me know what you come up with !

There is also an ice cream base proposed by HIC: 3% Vienna and 1.5% Fresh Cream - could be something to work with.

And this one I had tried some time ago. It's a little too much flavor for my taste buds these days, but it does support pistachio quite well I must say.
Pistachio Ice cream :
2% DX Sweet Cream (TPA)
3% Marshmallow (TPA)
6% Pistachio (TPA)
4% Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA)
5% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
Flavor total: 20%

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to make something that would enhance the tastes I find when eating a fresh pistachio: light cream, a little citrus, a little fruity.
No harshness, and very "round", spicy without being aggressive. A very light floral recipe with a herbal undertone. It's pretty adequate for a hot day.
I forgot it in my cabinet for a month - I'd say it would be possible to let it sit for a few days only. Let me know what you think.

Fresh pistachio
2% Catalan Cream (FA)
1% Cream Fresh (FA)
2% DX Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1% Fuji Apple (FA)
7% Pistachio (TPA)
1% Torrone (FA)
Flavor total: 14%
Very Nice description! How is the tpa pistachio? I found FA to be quite raw & bitter and just :blech:!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very Nice description! How is the tpa pistachio? I found FA to be quite raw & bitter and just :blech:!

The TFA Pistachio is a little sweeter, but not by much IMO.
Definetly needs some other things to calm it down and sweeten it up.

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same as Headbob - can't really say I found a proper way to treat TPA pistachio - it's is certainly less harsh than the FA one. The problem is also that TPA's only starts to "exist" for me at high percentages.
But if you are interested in this recipe Daintanee, then I would suggest experimenting with another flavor than apple, maybe something more crispy like pomegranate at infinitely low percentage. ... mmm you know what, now that i'm writing it i'm going to try it and let you know :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking along the lines of a pistachio pudding, which consists of marshmallow, cool whip, pineapple, & instant pistachio pudding. HIC and I were speaking of it in a conversation a while back. I only have FA and it is the opposite of TFA, where as one can taste it strongly at .25% imho., however I only have FA Pineapple and is also a super strong flavor to me.

Also TY for the kind words. I am most familiar with only FA and that is mainly due to HIC's notes, speaking with HIC, and purchasing many of HICs recipes and reading the notes provided in the recipes. Due to Hics notes is amazing tidbits on how the flavors work. And I honestly don't have enough time and patience to find the interactions on flavors and what they do to one another on my own so purchasing Hics recipes for them as well as notes is essential to me.

hindiana

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking along the lines of a pistachio pudding, which consists of marshmallow, cool whip, pineapple, & instant pistachio pudding. HIC and I were speaking of it in a conversation a while back. I only have FA and it is the opposite of TFA, where as one can taste it strongly at .25% imho., however I only have FA Pineapple and is also a super strong flavor to me.

Also TY for the kind words. I am most familiar with only FA and that is mainly due to HIC's notes, speaking with HIC, and purchasing many of HICs recipes and reading the notes provided in the recipes. Due to Hics notes is amazing tidbits on how the flavors work. And I honestly don't have enough time and patience to find the interactions on flavors and what they do to one another on my own so purchasing Hics recipes for them as well as notes is essential to me.
oooh pistachio pudding - I see where you are going with this - must be amazing.... and hard to make ! Since I have discovered this forum and the people on it I have learned so much. Like you, I am really hooked on HIC's notes and "school of thought". I'm gong slowly really, and trying out mainly tea variations. The rest I purchase from HIC or look into what you amazing people are mixing up. This forum is gold - kind and passionate people !

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree whole-heartedly!! All here are a great help and good people. Nice to find such a great place!

VU Sponsors