Become a Patron!

Froot Loops From Scratch

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has always been a recipe in progress, but I'm finding this version to be very good. This calls for FW Cherry Crush(very strong and can take over if your not careful) but I'm sure you could sub with a FA or similar cherry just keep it at a low percentage. I've tried several Froot Loops pre-made juices and was never that impressed. That's why I never ordered a premixed concentrate.
Mandarin(FA) 2%
Lemon Sicily(FA) 1.5%
Forest Fruit(FA) 2.5%
Cherry Crush(FW) .75%
Key Lime(TFA) 1.5%
Joy(FA) 2%
Marshmallow(FA) 1.5%
Malted Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%
AP(TFA) .75%
This is most definitely not a shake and vape. You have to give all these flavors some good time and daily shaking to come together. If you don't have all these flavors just keep in mind what's in real Froot Loops when substituting fruit flavors. http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/01/just-what-the-hell-is-in-froot-loops/

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing @Squonk I have everything except FW Cherry Crush and TFA KeyLime...I'll probably use a little FA .25 Black Cherry and .5 reg cherry and maybe try 1% FA Lime Ta instead of KeyLime

Edit: Wow , just realized this has 10% FA and 6.5% other, that's pretty flavor heavy, even for me...
I guess I'll go for it and just dilute it if too heavy

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing @Squonk I have everything except FW Cherry Crush and TFA KeyLime...I'll probably use a little FA .25 Black Cherry and .5 reg cherry and maybe try 1% FA Lime Ta instead of KeyLime

Edit: Wow , just realized this has 10% FA and 6.5% other, that's pretty flavor heavy, even for me...
I guess I'll go for it and just dilute it if too heavy
Yeah it's way more flavoring that I typically use but it seems to work. If you can keep the Cherry from over flavoring the other fruits then you can lower the %'s. That was my dilemma with Cherry Crush. The FA fruits in this recipe are rather light flavorings in my opinion and will steep down in intensity. The Malted Milk plays two roles. Malt in the cereal and a touch of milk for, well, milk. The fresh cream brings in the milk while Joy and Marshmallow bring sweetness. Joy helps bring out the malt in the Malted Milk and adds to the cereal as well. As far as lime, I have FA Cold Pressed but haven't used it in this recipe only because I did't want to start changing things around until I feel I have a grip on the full recipe. Remember this recipe is still in progress and any help would be greatly appreciated. This hasn't been an easy nut to crack. Between the long steep times and adjustments, not to mention how many flavors I knocked in and out of the equation. I refuse to give up on this one. If you can do me a favor , try it as close to the way it's posted. This way you have an idea of where I'm at and we can help turn this into a work of art.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome squonk!! Teamwork rocks and is way more fun. Everything is better with friends. I wish I could play, but I am missing too many key ingredients. I do know that the FA limes are way different. The Tahiti is more popsicle like and the cold pressed is more lime juice.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy cow, For the first time in the history of recipe sharing... <drumroll> I have every dam flavor on that list!
Dude! TEN flavors! We just beat SuperLotto odds!
mini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-781459.gif

Seriouy!... I don't think I've ever hit all the numbers in even a 6 flavor recipe.
It's fate... It's a sign... I must make this.

I'd prolly ask ya' to marry me if yer' name wasn't... Squonk...
I know what you mean. Once I get FA marzipan and Caramel I can mix the 25 million recipes I have bookmarked. Then all I need is the other 42 trillion flavors to mix the other 89 billion I have in my head.;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Squonk
Do you get the Raspberry part from the Forest Fruit?

The link you posted also mentioned Coconut.
I think some FA Coconut, (0.5-1%) would do nicely in this too.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk
Do you get the Raspberry part from the Forest Fruit?

The link you posted also mentioned Coconut.
I think some FA Coconut, (0.5-1%) would do nicely in this too.
I use the Forest fruit for the raspberry. I didn't have FA Raspberry at the time I started to develop this so I stuck with FF which seems to work very well. I didn't want to play around with what I was working with till I had what I was looking for and I had a better grip on FA Raspberry, but if Raspberry is what you want to use, I would keep it real low. Just remember you don't want to drown out the citrus flavors and Raspberry and Cherry will if your not careful. Remember, your trying to create one flavor with all the fruits combined. Become one with the Loop Man.:cool:
I believe what they are referring to regarding Coconut is part of the oils the real cereal may or may not contain.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squint, I have yet to find a cherry I like. I don't care for either of FA cherries and I tried inw wisnea cherry and did not like either. Wondering what the FW cherry crush tastes like. Do you mind descrioing what you taste?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squint, I have yet to find a cherry I like. I don't care for either of FA cherries and I tried inw wisnea cherry and did not like either. Wondering what the FW cherry crush tastes like. Do you mind descrioing what you taste?
I really don't like FW Cherry Crush, but it works in this recipe because of all that's going on. Too me it has a very perfume, sticky candy thing going on. I tried it in a cherry pie recipe and it's still sitting in my box since 7/21 right next to a tester bottle of FA Mango. Maybe I'll vape the rest of it next time I'm close to re-wick time just to see if a long steep helped. Now that the subject came up, maybe I'll try to rework the Cherry Pie recipe. When I was looking for a cherry flavor a few reviews said it tasted like cherry pie filling and I couldn't resist. I need to try another cherry flavor myself. Unfortunately, sometimes when you get turned off by a flavor, you think all vendors will be the same and just shy away thinking they're all the same. I went through that with TFA Ripe Banana and stayed away from ordering any vendors banana until about a month ago when I bought FA's. Night and day difference. Long story short, I would never let FW Cherry Crush be the star of the show.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have everything except joy, i'll probably try it anyway!

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
@Squonk, Did you ever try using FA Orange, FA Bregamot, CAP Lemon Meringue or FE Lemon with this recipe? This looks really good and I am ordering the concentrates I do not have. Have you made any changes since October?

I had researched this also and did see the AUS version of ingredients you came across. During the search I also ran into another DIY Hobby that is used for mixing fragrances called Essential Oils. A very popular mix of oils was a recipe Blend for Pebbles / Fruit Loops. I found the blend below on about 6 different websites. Equal Parts of the following for a Fruit Loops fragrance.
  • Grapefruit
  • Lemongrass
  • Bergamot
I always try to think about flavors in vaping as Smell just as much as Taste "Sweet, Sour, Bitter".

Well, There are my findings. Other then this I have only found that I do like the the flavors I had listed at the top of the post for the cereal recipes I have been working with. I have not bought or heard of any Grapefruit that may or may not work for an ejuice recipe.

Also have you ever tried Slurp by JUS or Pebbles by Glas? I am really looking to come up with a similar recipe to one of these and NOT something like Looper.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't played with this one in a while, thanks for the reminder. I'll have to mix up another bottle and see where I left off. I never tried Slurp. I gave up on pre-made juices because they were so hit and miss and mostly sugary, not to mention becoming pricey. I have a good stash of flavors and always try to use what I have. I have none of the flavors you mentioned, but I bet Teresa P does. She has more flavors than most vendors.:D

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Just received Forrest Fruit in today. I don't know about it. Tastes like Fruit Punch.

Last edited:

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've tried all the cherry flavours you named and then some. They all taste off or like cough syrup. Fw- cherry crush taste like cough syrup. The only cherry flavor I ever liked is baker- sweet cherry. It taste like a true cherry pie filling. You can order it through vz. It's in the super concentrate gourmet category.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried all the cherry flavours you named and then some. They all taste off or like cough syrup. Fw- cherry crush taste like cough syrup. The only cherry flavor I ever liked is baker- sweet cherry. It taste like a true cherry pie filling. You can order it through vz. It's in the super concentrate gourmet category.

Add TFA Marischino Cherry to the list of nasty cherries IMO.
I use FA Black Cherry at 0.5% if I'm desperate sometimes, mixed with some other fruits anyway.
Most of the Baker (VZ-SC) stuff I've tried so far have been good.
Thanks for the heads up.
FYI: This place sells Bakers too:http://valuecig.de/Baker-Flavors-Sweet-Cherry

Last edited:

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the link. Its nice to see this sold in bulk else where

VU Sponsors