Become a Patron!

Fuchai 213-uwell crown questions..

Hey everyone. I just purchased this combo about 2 weeks ago. I'm having some issues/questions/concerns that Google hasn't really filly addressed for me.

So, first off, I'd like to stick with the SS coils. I tried the nickle that came with it, and I didn't really like it. I currently have the .5 SS coil in the tank.

My first question is, should I be using this on power or SS mode? I've been using it on power, and the flavor doesn't start to exist until around 50 watts, and even then, I feel like it's not what it should be. It gets pretty warm around 50 watts. If I am supposed to run this in SS mode, my googling has led me to believe that it's a 316 coil. What watts/temp should I start off at?

I guess my main concern is that I'd like to get the most flavor out of this, and also max coil life. I've pretty much came to the conclusion that you have to pick one or the other, right? Anyways, when vaped over say, a 15 min break, the base of the tank almost gets too hot to touch. This fuchai 213 also has TCR, which I've read will produce minimal changes, and is mostly used by the experienced vaper.

Also, the reason I haven't went to far outside of the "box," as far as experimenting, is because I CAN'T STAND dry/burnt hits. I avoid them at all costs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can use SS in Power or TC. I can't speak from experience, but most people that use that tank seem to like the 0.25 coils best. Good luck!

(and bump)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
wattage mode.
The fuchai 213 doesn't do temp control. (proof here https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=nBzDCUGV8Kc) it says it does, but it really doesn't. Also people have issues with the crown coils because the leads are a different material then the the rest of the coil. (proof here http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-on-crown-ss-coils.153413/) They haven Ni200 leads and a SS316 coil. It's not a good set up to work with TC to be honest. You should stick to wattage mode. start low and work your way up until you find the setting that you like.

If you are interested in going with TC i can give you advice that way, but it would require a new set up

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 0.25 coils are the best IMO, they can be used in TC with a TCR of 110 but I haven't used the fuchai so I don't know how well it will work... but TCR 110 is the sweet spot for the crown 0.25 for both my mods.

I run it at 60w and around 450° but the temp will be different for every mod so just start at 420° and work your way up till you get the vape you want.
Did you get up to max temp and it's still not warm enough? Set TCR to 115 and try it again.

Don't want to mess with TC or the fuchai doesn't do it well? Go to power mode and start at 50w and work your way up till you get the vape you want. Probably between 55w and 60w.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sir Richard is right. Your mod does not do TC. That being said my girls has the same exact setup as you. She runs the Crown at around 55w. Fq06 is also right the .25 coils give better flavor and tend to last a little bit longer.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like doesn't do it at all? Or doesn't do it well?
Like the old smok "TC" that just had a negative curve to the power but doesn't really read resistance to calculate power output and TC was just bullshit?
How did they screw that up in 2016?

OP, try a the 0.25 coil with a TCR of 110 and watts at 60 and temp starting at 420° and go up in temp from there. Worth a shot, can't hurt anything.

If it sucks, I guess power mode somewhere around 50 - 60 watts as has been said.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like doesn't do it at all? Or doesn't do it well?
Like the old smok "TC" that just had a negative curve to the power but doesn't really read resistance to calculate power output and TC was just bullshit?
How did they screw that up in 2016?

OP, try a the 0.25 coil with a TCR of 110 and watts at 60 and temp starting at 420° and go up in temp from there. Worth a shot, can't hurt anything.

If it sucks, I guess power mode somewhere around 50 - 60 watts as has been said.
From my experience with the mod and being a tc guy I would say it doesn't do it at all. Others will disagree for whatever reason but one look at Daniels video will confirm what I have said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Power mode it is for the OP then I guess. That's unfortunate, surprised sigelei would botch a mod like that.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Power mode it is for the OP then I guess. That's unfortunate, surprised sigelei would botch a mod like that.
What's even more disgusting is not only did they botch it and lie but they botched it a second time and lied.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What's even more disgusting is not only did they botch it and lie but they botched it a second time and lied.

Thats crazy. good thing i did research cause i was going to buy one a few months ago when I was regularly using my old school sig 150 watt (non temp control) and that thing was bullet proof and perfect. Sig used to be awesome, not sure what happened

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never a big fan of smok but I decided never to own one when they did the same thing and called a mod with an overboost for the first 1/2 second that leveled out to your set wattage a TC device. Brother in law bought one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats crazy. good thing i did research cause i was going to buy one a few months ago when I was regularly using my old school sig 150 watt (non temp control) and that thing was bullet proof and perfect. Sig used to be awesome, not sure what happened
Yep, one of my first and favorite mods was the Sig 75. Loved that lil mod.
cdadaede1ca738adec257ca273f2dd73.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was never a big fan of smok but I decided never to own one when they did the same thing and called a mod with an overboost for the first 1/2 second that leveled out to your set wattage a TC device. Brother in law bought one.

not to be rude, but not sure what you are trying to say? are you saying it had a preheat and didn't?

Yep, one of my first and favorite mods was the Sig 75. Loved that lil mod.
cdadaede1ca738adec257ca273f2dd73.jpg

nice looking set up

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it was like a negative exponential where if you set to 60w it would start at say... 70w and taper down to 60w over some set amount of time. I think it was a 100w mod

Forgot the model name but it was right after the smoke m50/m60. I had a m50 for a minute and quickly picked up a sx mini m class

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, it was like a negative exponential where if you set to 60w it would start at say... 70w and taper down to 60w over some set amount of time. I think it was a 100w mod

Forgot the model name but it was right after the smoke m50/m60. I had a m50 for a minute and quickly picked up a sx mini m class
thats normal. most mods have a preheat now. the G2 hits at the full 171 watts at first then tapers down to your settings. DNA 200 boards let you completly customize the preheat. The smok Xcube 2 lets you choose your preheat from 5 different options. I don't see anything wrong with it

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Preheat is not temp control.
The original sx mini had a powerful setting but they didn't call it temp control.

Anyway, doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying a Xpro M80 or any smok or a fuchai.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Preheat is not temp control.
The original sx mini had a powerful setting but they didn't call it temp control.

Anyway, doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying a Xpro M80 or any smok or a fuchai.
I never said it was. Preheat is when the device gives it extra power to start in order to elminate ramp up time
Temp control is when the device throttles the power given when the coils reach a certain temp to prevent dry/hot hits.

Depending on your price range the 3 i'd recommend are an IPV6 (cheapest), Hohmwrecker G2 (mid range), Hcigar VT133 (high range)

the IPV6 (YiHi chip)can be found for 40-50
the G2 (FSK chip) can be found for 70
the VT133 (DNA 200 chip) can be found for 80

those are the 3 best chips on the market IMO

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never said it was. Preheat is when the device gives it extra power to start in order to elminate ramp up time
Temp control is when the device throttles the power given when the coils reach a certain temp to prevent dry/hot hits.

Depending on your price range the 3 i'd recommend are an IPV6 (cheapest), Hohmwrecker G2 (mid range), Hcigar VT133 (high range)

the IPV6 (YiHi chip)can be found for 40-50
the G2 (FSK chip) can be found for 70
the VT133 (DNA 200 chip) can be found for 80

those are the 3 best chips on the market IMO
Everything else is just second rate when it comes to TC.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I'm not looking to buy a mod right now. More than happy with my dual cell 350j box.
When I do get the itch it will be a dna.

The off topic conversation was that sigelei lied about the fuchai being a TC device.
I added that smok did the same thing.

You asked if I was saying that smok said they had preheat but didnt.
No, they said they had temp control and only had a rudimentary preheat.

I have been using a TC device for about 2 years now and fully understand what TC is and how it works.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lol, I'm not looking to buy a mod right now. More than happy with my dual cell 350j box.
When I do get the itch it will be a dna.

The off topic conversation was that sigelei lied about the fuchai being a TC device.
I added that smok did the same thing.

You asked if I was saying that smok said they had preheat but didnt.
No, they said they had temp control and only had a rudimentary preheat.

I have been using a TC device for about 2 years now and fully understand what TC is and how it works.
hmm never heard of smok lying personally. the xcube series does TC for sure. I konw sigelei lied about the fuchai but I never heard of smok lying about doing temp control on a mod. Do you have source?

NM seen your link, still doesn't say it doesn't do it. Did the firmware eventually fix it? sounds like the device itself just wasn't very good

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing fixed it, there was nothing that could be fixed with firmware upgrade even if it was upgradable.

There never was and never will be any kind of temp control function in the Xpro M80. Link says it doesn't do it.
My brother in law's didn't do it.

All it had was a power curve. They called it a TC device much like it would seem sigelei did.

:deadhorse:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nothing fixed it, there was nothing that could be fixed with firmware upgrade even if it was upgradable.

There never was and never will be any kind of temp control function in the Xpro M80. Link says it doesn't do it.
My brother in law's didn't do it.

All it had was a power curve. They called it a TC device much like it would seem sigelei did.

:deadhorse:
Thats pretty shitty, I'll stick to DNA200 and FSK chip mods. they go above and beyond what they promise

LivingSacrifice5

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't take time to read through this whole post so I apologize ahead of time if you've already gone over this.
I've heard a lot of BAD about the sigelei 213, but not so much on the sigelei fuchai 213.
I just recently purchased a sigelei fuchai 213, and I have to say, I can't find anything to complain about. I'm using my newest crown tank while I'm typing this, and the flavor is superb! (vaping anml looper @70 watts in VW mode w/ the .25 SS coil)
I conversed with one of the techs at uwell and I was told they weren't really meant for TC mode. Technically they are 316L stainless steel, but they have nickel legs. They will work in TC mode, but it won't be accurate.
Now as for coils that do work on temp control....the sigelei fuchai 213 has modes for Ni200, SS, Titanium, but it also has a TCR mode and a TFR mode. In the TCR and TFR modes, you can customise the power/heat curve, and save your presets in one of the five slots. If you set it up right, it does a great job. As for efficiency, this is probably the best mod I have. I get a ton of working time off of a single charge....way more than my 3 X 18650 reuleaux rx200 using the same brand/model battery, and the same tank.
I especially like the real time power stats....and they actually seem to be really accurate.
So far, I love this mod, I can't find anything to complain about....it even comes with a free mod rubber =)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sigh, the Fuchai 213 is the same as the 213. Just a less expensive paint job. Both DO NOT do tc.

VU Sponsors