Become a Patron!

Game of Thrones- inspired by all

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So.....I come up with this recipe AND I know that it has alot of flavoring!! Understated!! BUT.........It tastes so dang good to me as a shake and vape............BUT OMG it is awful after steeping more than a week. I could really use some suggestions for this on tapering down on the % and possibly any suggestions on where the smell/tastes goes wrong after steep
Here goes:

Game of Thrones (I bet u didn't know that I was a fan :rolleyes: )

pg 15%
pg flavoring 15%
vg 70%
nic 2 % - (added after recipe completed)

FA Vanilla Custard 1%
TPA Bavarian Cream 1%
TPA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
TPA Butterscotch 6%
FA Caramel 1%
TPA Sweet Cream 1%
TPA Vanilla custard 1%
TPA Toasted Marshmallow 2 % or FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Custard 0.5%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5 %

Like I was saying....it is so yummy at first but after a while it takes on a weird smell and it just isn't right :(
Any suggestions???

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kinda strange as most all of these flavors usually get better with steeping.

BTW, you could try removing 1 flavor at a time to find the offending culprit.
Then retest it to see if the "nasty" goes away.
Process of elimination, can be a slow process tho.
I'd start with eliminating the Bavarian first...

Or try steeping it past the bad spell, possibly a month.
Some things can go from good, to bad, to good again during the steeping process.

Last edited:

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pick a cream, pick a custard, and try adding .33% of TPA smooth to the balance of your ingredients.
I think your creams and custards are fighting each other.

But Good Luck in the Laboratory!!! :)

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are a lot of custards/creams in there, I wonder if it would help to take a few out and bump up the percentage a bit on others?

Are you able to describe the weird smell at all? What is it that changes? I would mix it up myself but I don't have all the concentrates.

I'm one of those that get a wierd pepper/cardamom pod taste with both tpa vanilla custard/vanilla bean ice cream. Could it be that?

Tbh I think you may just have way too many different custards/creams in there fighting against each other - maybe replace some with some light fruits to balance it out. This makes sense too as custards/creams change drastically over the first few weeks.

Hope you manage to find the culprit! :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are a lot of custards/creams in there, I wonder if it would help to take a few out and bump up the percentage a bit on others?

That might help.

I see...

FA Vanilla Custard 1%

FA Custard 0.5%

...in the recipe.

Heck, I thought FA only sold 1 "custard" flavor?

Ron
---
"Nothing that a little white-out can't take care of"-Saul Goodman

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for straightening me out.

I guess one is
Flavour Art and the other..
Flavor Apprentice.

Ron
--
"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless."-Don Corleone

Not for sure, but just a possibility anyway.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I guess one is
Flavor Apprentice.

Ron
--

Flavourart do both a custard and a vanilla custard. The vanilla custard is their normal custard with some vanilla (and I think more lemon?) added. Both a nice additives but are nothing like custards from other companies. They are not really creamy, more like traditional Italian custard. Definitely not the usual custard lovers custard!

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am going to try all yall suggestions. I really appreciate the input. I was starting to think that maybe I had a bad flavor or something. The custard clash makes a lot of sense now that it has been mentioned. I'm going back to the drawing board on this one ;)

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going back to the drawing board on this one

Something that has helped me a couple of times. Smell the juice you made. See if you smell in it what you think tastes bad to you. Smell each flavor you used and see if you can pick up that same smell and leave that flavor out. It may not work with this as there are several flavors and a couple or more might be clashing.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something that has helped me a couple of times. Smell the juice you made. See if you smell in it what you think tastes bad to you. Smell each flavor you used and see if you can pick up that same smell and leave that flavor out. It may not work with this as there are several flavors and a couple or more might be clashing.
Will do!!!!....I'm so eager to make something and call it mine that I am forgetting the very basics. This is all so new to me and up until I started messing with this I have been doing nothing but research, clones and different recipes from VU. I have read so much I think my brain hurt and it is easily stored AND easily forgotten at times.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavourart do both a custard and a vanilla custard. The vanilla custard is their normal custard with some vanilla (and I think more lemon?) added. Both a nice additives but are nothing like custards from other companies. They are not really creamy, more like traditional Italian custard. Definitely not the usual custard lovers custard!

Thanks for that Info!

Strange that when I went to the Flavour Art website ..

http://flavourart.com/en/

...and entered "custard" in the search box, only one flavor came up...(custard)

http://flavourart.com/en/?subcats=Y...erformed=Y&q=custard&dispatch=products.search

...when I entered "vanilla custard" in the search box, nothing came up.

hmmmm....

Ron
----
" Well, you can't sit on a couch twenty hours a day and not learn something."- Peggy Bundy

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for that Info!

Strange that when I went to the Flavour Art website ..

http://flavourart.com/en/

...and entered "custard" in the search box, only one flavor came up...(custard)

http://flavourart.com/en/?subcats=Y...erformed=Y&q=custard&dispatch=products.search

...when I entered "vanilla custard" in the search box, nothing came up.

hmmmm....

Ron
----
" Well, you can't sit on a couch twenty hours a day and not learn something."- Peggy Bundy

http://www.flavourart.co.uk/sweet-flavours-10ml.html

It's under 'blended flavours' in that list. Description says "A smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours."

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.flavourart.co.uk/sweet-flavours-10ml.html

It's under 'blended flavours' in that list. Description says "A smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours."

Found it with your kind help! Thanks Again!

Taking a peek at some of the other Blended Flavours, it seems as there are a great deal of flavours available in the U.K. that are not for sale in North America. (Or Italy?)

Such as..
CustApple and Custard Pi

Ron
---
“You can't find the right roads when the streets are paved.” ― Bob Marley

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Found it with your kind help! Thanks Again!

Taking a peek at some of the other Blended Flavours, it seems as there are a great deal of flavours available in the U.K. that are not for sale in North America. (Or Italy?)

Such as..
CustApple and Custard Pi

Ron
---
“You can't find the right roads when the streets are paved.” ― Bob Marley

You're welcome! :)

That's a shame. The UK flavourart site is excellent. Huge stock (of which I've never found them to be out of stock for anything), and orders arrive almost always the next day!

I've not tried many of the blended flavours. Most are a mix of normal flavours. 'Black Pearl' is lovely all by itself, and 'citrus mix' has become one of my most used flavours recently - it's extremely useful! FA really have nailed it for fruits IMO... Delicious, highly concentrated and most are 'shake and vapes'! :)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Such as..
CustApple

Oh my!! I get all my stuff from Bull City Vapors since I noticed that a lot of people appraised it here on VU. Although, I am not sure how they work internationally. I am still waiting on Nonna Cake to come in any time. Oh but Custard Apple~!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh my!! I get all my stuff from Bull City Vapors

Now I'm Really confused!
(nothing new there ;))

Ron
---
"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places."- Henny Youngman

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I guess one is
Flavor Apprentice.

Ron
--
FA : Flavour Art
TFA: The Flavor Apprentice sometimes used as TPA: The Purfumers Apprentice
-they are the same thing

Is this what you are confused about?

Also this is the website for Bull City Vapors http://www.bullcityvapor.com/

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not anymore! :)

Thank You!

Ron
---
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."- Buddha
He he he - finally I am able to help someone lol you are welcome :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So any progress on this GOT Recipe?

game-of-thrones-funny-meme-jaqen-h%27ghar-a-man-must-add-highlights.gif

guess_who_bump.jpg

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:confused: Yeah....got side tracked. LOL- Its been sitting on my shelf for a while. I have kind of gone on a spree with different recipes, trying to find me an ADV. It's time for me to start testing again soon. I am waiting on some coils for my RDA's to come in. I am near blind without glasses ATM so I am unable to build any.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You need to get it done before the New Season starts in a couple of weeks!

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes you are right! April 24- it's coming!! I was kind of depressed to watch the season finale to The Walking Dead last night but you just brightened my day! Thanks!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:snapoutofit: Yes, so was a friend of mine I spoke to before and when I told her GOT was starting she cheered up also! When I asked if she was watching Vinyl she said it started? I told one episode left I think!

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is that one about? I have been catching GOT on my Amazon fire stick. I don't have HBO. :deadhorse:HA! Love this emoji lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vinyl is about the music industry in the 70s and seeing clubs in NYC I used to go to and Replicas of the Band and musicians brings back memories.

VU Sponsors