Become a Patron!

Game of Thrones: "Sons of the Harpy" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: Full spoilers for the episode follow...

Before I get into the bigger moments in "Sons of the Harpy," which ended with an ambush on a squad of Unsullied soldiers that left Grey Worm seriously injured and Ser Baristan *sob* dead, I wanted to mention how much I freakin' loved the scene between Stannis and young Shireen. Stannis, who's become a much more vital, interesting character since his journey up to Castle Black.

Back when Stannis was introduced he was the grouchy aggressor. Tyrion and Robb Stark were the heroes and Stannis was a jealous, grim "wannabe" who resorted to sorcery to assassinate his own brother. You understood his position, but you never rooted for it. Now, years later, the dust has settled and all the real heroes are either buried or exiled. And it's up to scheming men like Stannis and Littlefinger, through their own power plays, to help make things right with the North. Stannis is now opposing the Boltons, which instantly makes him more likable. Plus, he respects Jon Snow and he's also still got his (somewhat frosty) love for his daughter, which has always been the most human part of his character.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors