Become a Patron!

Gandpa's Erinmore Tobacco

I thought I would post something a little different. This is the recipe/process for my father's favorite all day vape.

Erinmore Tobaco

First you will need to pick up a pouch of Erinmore Pipe tobacco.

- Cut the flakes into small pieces (not too small)
- Measure out 60ml by volume of the tobacco and place in a small French Press (used for coffee)
- add an equal amount of PG (60ml)
- stir gently for 2 days on a magnetic stirrer or let sit for 2 days
If you don't have a magnetic stirrer they are quite simple and cheap to make.

- On day 3 reflux on stove for an hour stirring occasionally.
very very very gentle boil, just enough to see small bubbles. Be VERY careful with this process.
- repeat the reflux on day 4
- Day 5 and 6 let the mixture rest

- Day 7 plunge the French Press and decant the liquid to a new container. Measure the volume.
- Rinse the press with an equal volume of VG and decant into the original PG mixture.

- Run the liquid on a magnetic stirrer for 1 hour to blend

- If the mixture is not clear filter through a coffee filter. Because of the viscosity this could take over night.

The mixture is ready to vape as is :)

Or......
Add desired nicotine.
Add favorite flavoring (rum, cherry, blueberry.....)

This can also be used as a base liquid for any tobacco recipe to give a rich fuller taste and wonderful aroma.

quack quack
Duckie :)

What is left is a clear 50/50 VG/PG mixture. It hasn't clogged any coils over the last year of producing this.

Do 50/50 blends tend to clog coils?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is left is a clear 50/50 VG/PG mixture. It hasn't clogged any coils over the last year of producing this.

Do 50/50 blends tend to clog coils?
well then congratulations because you have just made the ONLY NET e-liquied in the hisotry of vaping not to trash coils....but I doubt it.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
- On day 3 reflux on stove for an hour stirring occasionally.
very very very gentle boil, just enough to see small bubbles. Be VERY careful with this process.
- repeat the reflux on day 4

Reflux? As in... using a reflux condenser?

Ron
---
"My head is achin', my back is breakin', feel I got run over by Captain Coconut and his dog named Rover."- Jimi Hendrix

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made a NET once using PG. ground up the cigar, put in 300 ml of PG, stirred it and warmed it over a few days. Came out the color of maple syrup. Added some VG and a tad of nic. Was the worst coil clogger I have ever used. And I did filter it through #300 Beer Brewing filters.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ron
---
"My head is achin', my back is breakin', feel I got run over by Captain Coconut and his dog named Rover."- Jimi Hendrix
LOL, Flux Capacitor.

I regret sharing this now, didn't realize there would be so much hate. Just thought it may be something some would want to try.

Since pulsevape says it will clog coils it must be gospel and my practical experience with my own recipe must be false.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I regret sharing this now, didn't realize there would be so much hate. Just thought it may be something some would want to try.

Since pulsevape says it will clog coils it must be gospel and my practical experience with my own recipe must be false.
Hate?....don't you think thats's a little strong snowflake....do you lead such a cloistered existence that anyone who questions you is...Hate?....There is nothing in your above process that hasn't already been tried by hundreds of people
But please ..go over to ECF there is a couple of threads with literally thousands of people participating in that have all been trying diffrent process to produce a clean flavorfull NET juice without sucsses..they've tried
cold macerations
heat assisted macerations
PGA extractions
steam extractions
also there are a dozen juice makers who produce NETS from all over the world that would love to know your secret...also there's a facebook page with hundreds of people who make their own NETs that would love to know you've finall cracked the gordians knot of a clean NET juice....on a persoanl note I'd love for you to explain how you were able to get rid of the waxes in NET juice.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ron
---
that's what they use to make essintial oils with.isn't it.

Matthee

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I am sorry you were offended by some of the comments. I just saw them as speaking from their experience and research.

Anyhow, I am very interested to hear what you mean by "reflux on the stove"? Can you maybe also post a picture of the reflux gear?

GT_1955

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am sorry you were offended by some of the comments. I just saw them as speaking from their experience and research.

Anyhow, I am very interested to hear what you mean by "reflux on the stove"? Can you maybe also post a picture of the reflux gear?

Perhaps this? From http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/22364/what-is-heating-under-reflux

"Many organic reactions are unreasonably slow and can take an extended period of time to achieve any noticeable effect so heating is often used to increase the rate of reaction. However, many organic compounds have low boiling points and will vaporise upon exposure to such high heat, preventing the reaction from proceeding in full.

To address this, heating under reflux is used. This refers to heating a solution with an attached condenser to prevent reagents from escaping."

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This is by no means a hate reply; to put things into context I smoked a pipe for 40 years and my favourite tobaccos were Erinmore Flake and St Bruno flake. Like most folk when I started vaping, I wanted something that tasted just like tobacco.

I did something similar to your process, only I helped things along with very gentle microwaving. Basically I ended up with a condensate, for lack of a better word, of tobacco and tobacco flavouring "sauces" which I tried as flavoring added to a PG/VG/nicotine mixture.

The resuting juice did quickly build up a residue on coils and sadly for me at the time was nothing like the taste of burning pipe tobacco. Even though I am a Sotsman who likes a bargain and hates waste I threw that liquid down the toilet as frankly to me it tasted terrible.

I'm glad it worked for you and long may you continue to enjoy it - we are all different in what we like!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors