Become a Patron!

Geekvape aegis max kit review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received aegis max kit from geekvape for the purpose of this review.

Geekvape aegis max kit colors:

- Red phoenix
- Black space
- Grey pearl
- Black tungsten
- White storm

mQ9McpQ.jpg

Specifications:

Atomizer:

- Height: 42.5mm
- Diameter: 26mm
- Top airflow

Mod:

- Mod size: 93mm x 46.3mm x 34mm
- Battery: Compatble with single 18650, 20700 and 21700 battery
- Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof

In the package:

- Aegis Max Mod
- USB Cable
- User manual
- Spare parts pack
- 18650 battery adapter
- Battery door assist tool
- Zeus Tank (Pre-installed: Z2 Coil 0.2Ω, 70-80W, 5ml)
- Coil tool1
- Regular glass tube (3.5ml)
- Z1 Coil 0.4Ω, 60-70W

AIMdLzZ.jpg

Geekvape aegis max kit contains aegis max mod and zeus sub ohm tank. You can buy this kit in 5 different colors. Package is good, in the package you will receive adapter for 18650 battery, two coils, tool that will help you to take off the coil and tool for battery cap.

0gZxHIX.jpg

Atomizer:

Zeus sub ohm tank is available in 7 different colors which is really nice. This is a top airflow atomizer which is really good because this atomizer will never leak. On the top cap of the atomizer you can see some details, on the airflow control ring you can see "Zeus", on the chamber you can see logo and from the bottom of the atomizer you can see standard informations.

DfP6nLo.jpg

You will receive the atomizer with 810 drip tip preinstalled and this drip tip is really comfortable for using. In case that you don't like this drip tip you can use here any other 810 drip tip that you like. This is a top fill atomizer, on the top cap you can see some details that helps when you want to take off the top cap and here you need a quarter turn to take off the top cap which is really nice. When you take off the top cap you can see two big fill holes, so basically it is really simple to fill this atomizer. Under the top cap you can see the airflow control ring, on the airflow control ring you can see two airflow slots, what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the other side and we have a stopper here. You can take off the airlfow control ring which is nice.

UShalUC.jpg

n5VJxCl.jpg

When you receive the atomizer it will have a bubble glass tank preinstalled and this tank has 5ml capacity which is great capacity and I use this tank here. In the package you will receive a regular glass tank, this tank has 3.5ml capacity and you can use this one if you want.
In the package you will receive two coils, one coil in the atomizer and one coil in the package. Coil that you will receive in the atomizer is z2 coil, this coil has 0.2ohm resistance and recommended wattage for this coil is 70-80w. Coil that you will receive in the package is z1 coil and this coil has 0.4ohm resistance, recommended power for this coil is 60-70w. Also in the package you will receive the tool that you will use to take off the coil and as always before you use the coil you need to prime it with few drops of eliquid and then you can put the coil in the tank.

6td5Bk1.jpg

qa3D3IY.jpg

d6fkl4p.jpg

BFIF7Zm.jpg

Mod:

Aegis max mod has very similar design as previous version which I really like. As previous models this one is waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. This mod works up to 100w and it is powered by one battery. Build quality of the mod is really good and there is no any complains about quality. This is not a small mod but it is really comfortable for using. On the mod you can see from one side "Geekvape" and from the other side you can see "Aegis".

bL5m9xi.jpg

o6m2Yi6.jpg

From the top side of the mod you can see the connection and threads here are really good, we have spring loaded gold plated 510 pin here. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 30mm in diameter without overhang.

From the bottom of the atomizer you can see the battery cap and as I said this device is powered by one battery. In the package you will receive the tool if you need it to help you to unscrew the cap. You can use this device with 21700 battery which is really good and in the package you will receive adapter for 18650 battery. On one side of the mod you can see the usb port and also on the port you can see the cap to protect it.

From the front side of the mod you can see the fire button, plus and minus buttons and screen. The fire button is protruding and it is clicky, so far there is no any problems with fire button. The screen is same as on the previous model, it is not color screen but screen has really nice brightness and you can see everything good on the screen. To turn on the device you need to click 5 times on the fire button, if you want to turn off the device you need to do the same. When you turn on the device in power mode on the screen you can see:

- Power
- W
- Battery indicator
- Coil
- Amp
- Volt
- Puff

To change the working mode you need to click 3 times on the fire button and you can choose between:

- Power
- Bypass
- Vpc
- Tc tcr
- Tc ti
- Tc ss
- Tc ni

You can lock the device when you hold plus and minus buttons and to unlock the device you need to do the same.

aerY0er.jpg

vgITXBt.jpg

0SDaU6s.jpg

yM6SSHM.jpg

My thoughts:

Aegis max kit is one really solid kit. Package is really good, you will receive two tanks, two coils, tools and battery adapter. Build quality of the atomizer is really good. Atomizer comes with really comfortable 810 drip and you can use any other 810 drip tip here. You can fill the atomizer really fast, I really like the top cap here. This is a top airflow atomizer which is good because that way this atomizer will never leak, also you can really easy adjust the airflow but airflow control ring is a bit loose, you can fix that when you change o ring. Capacity of the atomizer with bubble tank is 5ml which is really good capacity in my opinion. With this atomizer you will receive two mesh coils. Performance of the atomizer is really good and flavor is good with coils from the package.
I really like the design of the mod and I like that design is the same as on the previous version. Build quality of the mod is really good, it is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof which is really good. Mod is really comfortable for using, fire button is also comfortable and it is responsive. The screen is also good, brightness of the screen is good and you can see everything on the screen very clear, but this is not a color screen. You can use the device with 21700 or 18650 battery which is really good because I really like mods with 21700 battery. On this mod you can use really big atomizers in diameter, you can use atomizers up to 30mm in diameter without overhang which is really good. From one side we have usb port for charging, but this is not a usb type c port which is a con and this is only con here in my opinion, this mod is really good. Basically this kit is very solid, atomizer performs really good if you like top airflow atomizers, mod is great, there is no problems with mod, build quality is good, it is comfortable and very important to me, this mod is compatible with 21700 batteries, so I would suggest you this mod.

Cons:

- Airflow ring is a bit loose but you can fix that when you change o ring
- No usb c

Pros:

- Very good package
- Good build quality of the atomizer
- Comfortable drip tip
- Easy to fill
- It can't leak
- 5ml capacity with bubble tank
- Good flavor
- Dustproof, waterproof, shockproof